Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just throw it on the pile of evidence of balkanization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Right because progressive state policies will stop the logic brains of a CHUD over reaching fed when we overtly stop being a democracy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The right-wing federal government has so far been unable to countermand states rights on things like suffrage, municipal internet, emissions controls, etc. but they seem really loving close to succeeding.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fallom posted:

The right-wing federal government has so far been unable to countermand states rights on things like suffrage, municipal internet, emissions controls, etc. but they seem really loving close to succeeding.

A few more years of republicans stacking terrible judges and then maybe

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Surely that would fall under interstate commerce?

I mean, if growing a pot plant for your own consumption is interstate commerce...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm not sure how anyone can look at this administration and not think to themselves "hmm maybe we shouldn't give the federal government unlimited authority and reach."

Like what the heck do you guys think Sanctuary Cities are.

Like obviously there's a line to be drawn and a lot of lovely things get done in the name of states rights, but we get some victories too. It's not as simple as "feds good states bad" when the feds are run by nazis and the states include both corrupt neo-nazi hellholes and your elite liberal California/New York/etc

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 23, 2018

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

Surely that would fall under interstate commerce?

I mean, if growing a pot plant for your own consumption is interstate commerce...

That was a total bullshit ruling and everyone knows it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

That was a total bullshit ruling and everyone knows it.

Nah, the total bullshit ruling was Wickard

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm not sure how anyone can look at this administration and not think to themselves "hmm maybe we shouldn't give the federal government unlimited authority and reach."

Like what the heck do you guys think Sanctuary Cities are.

Like obviously there's a line to be drawn and a lot of lovely things get done in the name of states rights, but we get some victories too. It's not as simple as "feds good states bad" when the feds are run by nazis and the states include both corrupt neo-nazi hellholes and your elite liberal California/New York/etc

Hi Democrats regularly get more votes nationally than Republicans yet remain the minority party because our system favors rural hicks over places where people actually live.

The current administration is proof that the system is broken beyond repair.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hi Democrats regularly get more votes nationally than Republicans yet remain the minority party because our system favors rural hicks over places where people actually live.

The current administration is proof that the system is broken beyond repair.

Broken beyond repair? Couldn't people move?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Broken beyond repair? Couldn't people move?

Nice try, Pol Pot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Huh.

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1066032715806449670?s=19

Corsi is serially full of poo poo, but that would sure be interesting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would imagine a bunch of FBI agents explaining how they've caught you dead to rights will change someone's tone quite a bit.

In related news, Georgie Poopascoops might have tried to flee the country, if his now deleted tweet is accurate.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

facialimpediment posted:

Huh.

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1066032715806449670?s=19

Corsi is serially full of poo poo, but that would sure be interesting.

Guess he realized there's a difference between persecution and prosecution.

Also jesus, why is jorge papasmurf fighting it so hard against a 14 day sentence.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

Guess he realized there's a difference between persecution and prosecution.

Also jesus, why is jorge papasmurf fighting it so hard against a 14 day sentence.

Scoring owning the libs points, Dinesh D'Souza style. He'll become an instant martyr and make millions on book deals and FoxNews TV appearances.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

I would imagine a bunch of FBI agents explaining how they've caught you dead to rights will change someone's tone quite a bit.

In related news, Georgie Poopascoops might have tried to flee the country, if his now deleted tweet is accurate.

Oh please tell me someone got a screenshot of it

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/22/hillary-clinton-europe-must-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

Hillary: "The EU has to stop the migrants to combat populism, perhaps by building some kind of wall. Also, people want a king to rule them, I totally didn't lose because I'm completely out of touch."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Losing 2 presidential bids has loving broken her brain.

(she did compete in the Democratic primary vs Obama back in 2008 right?)

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 23, 2018

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

ZombieApostate posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/22/hillary-clinton-europe-must-curb-immigration-stop-populists-trump-brexit

Hillary: "The EU has to stop the migrants to combat populism, perhaps by building some kind of wall. Also, people want a king to rule them, I totally didn't lose because I'm completely out of touch."

That was published the other day, I don’t think I’ve read a headline on an article before where I literally heard a little voice in my head immediately shout “gently caress you”. I was at a pro immigrant rally in Berlin not long ago, and the sentiment there was right: Come here if you want or can or need to, and *gently caress* anyone trying to stop that being a thing.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

It couldnt be people are fed up and one side sees brown people as the issue and the other sees rich fucks what ruined the earth as the issue and the people in charge are rich fucks so of course they couldnt be the issue could it?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ZombieApostate posted:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

orange juche posted:

Yes and borrowed money from his campaign to pay bills iirc

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lock her up

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Fallom posted:

Don't forget gay conversion camps

And legal weed

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieApostate posted:

Man gently caress Hillary Clinton.

We’re not better off with trump but we’ll probably be better off long term by destroying her political ambition and clout completely. She’s terrible from every conceivable perspective that doesn’t start and end with “Is not Donald Trump.”

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What the gently caress Tesla is good now.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1001570159285465092?s=21

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Hexyflexy posted:

That was published the other day, I don’t think I’ve read a headline on an article before where I literally heard a little voice in my head immediately shout “gently caress you”. I was at a pro immigrant rally in Berlin not long ago, and the sentiment there was right: Come here if you want or can or need to, and *gently caress* anyone trying to stop that being a thing.

I saw it on Axios first, but I had pretty much the exact same reaction.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

orange juche posted:

She ran as heir apparent and didn't realize till it was too late that there was a chance she could lose.

Apparently she didn't learn much in the next 8 years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Man gently caress Hillary Clinton.

We’re not better off with trump but we’ll probably be better off long term by destroying her political ambition and clout completely. She’s terrible from every conceivable perspective that doesn’t start and end with “Is not Donald Trump.”

She's been poo poo for a long time, but I'm almost excited to see if her major detractors disagree with her on this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Milo and POTUS posted:

She's been poo poo for a long time, but I'm almost excited to see if her major detractors disagree with her on this.

That’s probably the plan.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/272495768902959104?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
you know what would make these nazi's go away?

less minorities

-hrc

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

he just cant stop talking about himself

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Tesla. Play "gently caress Da Police"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://twitter.com/anncoulter/status/1066033943714119682?s=21

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:ohdear: please help us big strong daddy

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Did Ann Coulter just own Hilldawg and Trump in the same tweet??

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
She really wants that wall. Had like three or four twitter meltdowns over it every time it comes up on budget things and doesn't happen.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Vasudus posted:

One of my annoyances up till this point has been the short sentences being handed out (manafort excluded) so I will die laughing if he gets hammered for trying to run on a two week sentence.

Also, gently caress Hillary Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

she has really blatantly learnt nothing from the past two years