Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GoGoGadget posted:

Wait, he's still going through with the accusation even with all the information that was discovered proving it is false?

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1058035024317083650

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

I kind of hope that’s actually a joke account created with a stock photo by someone just trolling rather than by Jwhole

I have no trouble believing that Wohl / Burkman created it in an attempt to fertilize their "WE WERE JUST TROLLING LOL"-attempt at an out.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1058702961730306049

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BaconAndBullets posted:

What did Donnie Smooth Brain post? That tweet is down.

Seems he reposted it, probably a typo. Can't be a lie or inaccurate information, because he leaves those up

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1058715144442781696

/edit:
Oh, he hosed up Kav's name, yeah gotta take care of that right quick, wouldn't want to have something as unpresidential as an honest typo of a name there :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My boss gave me Wednesday off because I joked I probably wouldn't be in any position to come in after drinking through the night to either celebrate or drown the tears, but I decided to probably just come in anyway because drinking might not be the best idea.

Seconding that yesterday's LWT was loving rough. Even John Oliver was visibly shaking. I'm still not over Trump calling a swastika-waving, torchbearing crowd "very fine people", and I genuinely thought not much would come close to it, but the whole child internment, coupled with the fact that they're pretending equal measures of being forced to do it, and that Democrats were actually responsible for it...

Yeah, I think that may take the cake.

If it actually ends up being a blue wave, I might still break out the booze and call in drunk, but as it is, I think it might be a dry Wednesday.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

What if voter suppression does its thing and the GOP manages to somehow hold on the House?

This is why I'm not drinking

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

When are we expecting results by the way?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, a seventeen feet tall LEO stalking around a voting booth seems like voter intimidation to me.

Realtalk, I'm just gonna avoid the internet, go to bed, throw in Free State of Jones (cheers to whoever posted that earlier), fall asleep, and then wake up for some results at 4am before going to work. Might even have to pop a diphenhydramine to make this 'sleep' thing happen

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Just woke up.

I cannot comprehend how Ted loving Cruz will get to keep his seat.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, yeah, but...it's Ted loving Cruz.

The guy that - outside of being an actual loving lizardman - told his party to "vote your conscience" instead of endorsing Trump.

Bizzarely, while that may have been the most human thing for him to do, that's like Republican kryptonite

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, I think I'm gonna hold my tongue until later regarding the results.

I get that I should be happy that dems at least took the house, and I get you shouldn't kick a gift horse in the balls, but...

...the world was kinda owed like, AT LEAST three loving horses is how I see it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I tend to make an exception to the "doxxing bad guys is cool" when it's teenagers in school, but...uh, when those teenagers are advocating for the gassing of Jews, I'm pretty okay with making an exception to that exception.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's okay, Davidson Army ROTC is ~ON THE CASE~

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/415691-army-rotc-and-davidson-college-investigating-after-students

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Did Huckasands legit post an edited video of Jim Acosta assaulting that presser chick that tried to grab the mic from him? :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was going to say "well, at least they didn't doctor it themselves", but I'm not sure if taking a video from that Paul Joseph Wokeson of loving InfoWars fame doesn't make the whole ordeal even loving dumber.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Like, it's another one of those moments where I realize that I'm actually hoping for the administration to be merely dishonest instead of incompetent yet again.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's almost impressive how truly terrible he is.

To be fair, it's less that he'd be uncomfortable in the rain, it's that his sad excuse for a hairpiece would lose all semblance of "sad excuse for a hairpiece" in a mild drizzling of rain, so cancelling the trip could actually qualify as a remotely rational thought on the side of his advisers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

How many minutes has it been since Trump embarrassed his nation? It seems like a surprisingly large amount of minutes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wow. 2020 gonna be nuts

I'm like 99% certain that dems will not get their dreamy favorite candidate, and then watch the voter turnout go to poo poo again.

I'm genuinely, genuinely praying for this to not happen, but I've been seeing dems on social media throw pre-emptive tantrums over Hillary possibly running again, and I feel like America didn't learn its lesson. If people were saying "Man, I really hope Hillary doesn't run or become the candidate again, but if she does, then welp, I'm voting for her, because that's the hand I was dealt", because that's the very smallest loving lesson to be learned from 2016, I'd think otherwise, but yeah...that's kinda not the feeling I'm getting.

At the very least, the results from the midterms have me at least a little more optimistic, but...yeah...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Aaaand we will only have half a cabinet left, soon.

The PM has a press conference in 50 minutes, more than a remote chance she falls on her sword.

Link that poo poo when it's up

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

President playing that ~nth dimensional chess~ again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063758107229257728

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It's like that GoT scene where John Snow has to explain to Tormund what flanking is, except Tormund suggested it without knowing what it is because he once heard a bunch of smart southerners talk about it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This is some Nostradoofus poo poo right here

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A current event: German DoD has officially pushed for the use of the word "Veteran" for former service members.

Say hello to ten million Kraut veterans, world. :)

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/bundeswehr-zehn-millionen-deutsche-sind-nun-veteranen-15896970.html

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Was veteran every used before to describe service members or how'd that work?

Nope. The word died after WW2, because the original use for it was someone that had gained considerable experience in combat. America using 'veteran' for literally every person ever in the military has always been weird to us. We didn't even use it for folks that saw actual combat.

This move is pretty much marketing I assume.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Didn’t Germany have conscription recently?

Until like 2010/2011 or so, then we poo poo canned it in lieu of a ~professional armed forces~ which we now definitely have.

Mission erfüllt! 👍

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

who is this person and why do I care

:same:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BigDave posted:

Happy Black Friday everyone! Hope you spend the day drinking beer or vaping weed and eating Thanksgiving leftovers instead of shopping.

Here are you headlines:

Law prohibiting Female Genital Mutilation ruled unconstitutional.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.5ccedebec5d5

Oh my loving god

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, just another example of the President not being able to spell words

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1065952431455068160

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mods changed my name posted:

i think that would potentially be some sort of illegal Nazi thing in Germany

It's probably this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

AlexanderCA posted:

:negative:
I'll shut up now.

You're not wrong.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I thought the original point was that she said people fleeing genocide are right to apply for status.

Did she actually compare what's happening in Central America to the holocaust?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

She compared it as being a step towards Genocide, and then the Twitter for the Holocaust rememberance org agreed with her.

Eh, if she just compared it to genocide, that's fine, actual Holocaust comparisons don't sit too well with me. But hell, if the Auschwitz folks gave her the absolution, who am I to argue?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Soulex posted:

Also please wear a loving helnet when skiing or snowboarding. Its so easy to catch an wdge and get slingshot into the ground

This.

If you need any corroboration of how bad hitting your head skiiing / snowboarding can be even IF you're wearing a helmet, ask Michael Schumacher, the greatest Formula One pilot of all time.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

orange juche posted:

Man nearly kills himself multiple times in Formula One, survives somehow, retires, thinks about coming back in other motorsports, and promptly smacks himself into a tree while skiing.

Hopefully he's recovered enough to have a normal life, but he was in a coma from his injuries for quite a while though iirc, and last I heard back in 2016 he could not walk or stand due to his head injury.

It was a rock, iirc, and he's apparently still a vegetable these days, even after four years.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If anyone was wondering why Trump is doing victory laps and -retweets on the Twitter machine, it's not actually because of Cindy whatshername's victory, something that matters, it's because Hillary apparently put her foot in her mouth on a talk show.

/edit:

Oh god, it's not even "foot in her mouth", she tried to dunk on the moderator with a sick burn because they had confused Eric Holder with Corey Booker, and instead of saying something like "You know, they don't all look alike", which would already be incredibly out of place, Hillbot-routine z0798Omega kicked in and delivered "Yeah, I know they all look alike".

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 28, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Is that the one where the host mixed up two black people and Hillary said "yes, they all look alike".

It makes sense that Trump can't detect sarcasm I guess.

Also, imagine being burned like that by Hillary Clinton of all loving people...

Yeah, that's the one. I think it barely made a wave a month back.

I know what she was trying to do, but it's still an incredibly dumb thing to try to pull off as a whiter-than-a-bandaid politician.

Christ, the whole thing is a turducken of white people stuff. Hillary crashes and burns on the delivery, the interviewer IMMEDIATELY responds with "NO, THEY DON'T, oh, I see what you did there", Mike Pence is like an entire loving month late to the party by digging it back up, and Trump probably believes they caught her red-handed saying she thinks all black people look alike and props Pence up on his shoulders.

mlmp08 posted:

She didn't so much try to dunk on as try to make a joke.

Oh yeah, I mean like how you dunk on friends with "uh, phrasing" or "that's what she said". Something humans generally are capable of once in a blue moon.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I thought that Melania's red Christmas trees in the white house were only green-screen fuckery in that video posted, but, uh, they're real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It seems DeutschForce 1 had a "massive electronic failure" mid-flight on the way to the G20 summit and had to do an emergency landing. :stare: