Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

my kinda ape posted:

Resistance to herbicides/pesticides/antibiotics is a big loving deal y'all. Gotta have rules and regulations in place so the valuable tools we depend on for modern live don't stop working completely.

Bbbbbbut my beef cattle/chicken/corn/soybean prices......

I'm surprised round-up is still so widely used. It's been around 20 odd years now and still works well enough, but I'd have thought a resistance would have built faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The market here is hilarious. There's no way in loving hell I'd buy a house in the Springs. It's more and more looking like I'll be hunting out land on the edge of the front range to slap a cabin on and a giant no trespassing sign on the cattle gate crossing my driveway. I'll be happy with a couple of acres tucked in the foothills.

Even then, it's still going to be in the neighborhood of $150k to do what I want, assuming septic will be involved. Cheaper than a starter/start-over home around here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

I turn 34 in a week.

So many scorpios here.

I'll be 36 in about 2 weeks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

crazyivan45 posted:

According to Zillow I should be able to sell my place for about 190k, having paid 142k for it in 2013. While tempting, I’m fortunate enough to have a fairly decent backyard in midtown memphis and any place I would move to would be nothing more than a lateral move house wise for more $

Sell house, pay a year rent up front, watch the market crash and buy a nicer place.

I have a friend outside Nashville who plans to move out here in about 18 months. He's getting calls with offers, though he's not wanting to sell yet. He bought at $120k, offers have been hitting around $200k. I keep telling him to sell the drat place and chill in an apartment with a garage for a year so he doesn't have to sell while in the middle of a down market and moving 1200 miles.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 3, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The grass isn't always greener on the other side though.

Sometimes it's purple with orange hues.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Part of an amazon fulfillment center collapsed during a storm last night, killing two employees.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-amazon-storm-damage-20181102-story.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That sounds like something I'd expect to hear Pence say, so it's probably a round robin in the oval office until Donnie's happy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Working on hitting some dabs after a pleasant joint. Haven't looked at the news in an hour.

An old friend I thought was solidly entrenched in the GOP has become surprisingly progressive. Proud of him for coming around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dude totally looks like a Josh.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Proud of my adoptive state, good job Colorado.

Maybe when Wyoming legalizes weed I'll move north and help skew national politics on an incrementally insignificant scale.

E: a proposition capping payday lending at 36% passed by a huge margin here, which is good because the average apr was 129% recently.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 7, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I voted for every tax and shot down the highway bond because I already voted for the tax increase for it. gently caress a highway bond.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Waroduce posted:

I was conceived on or near Valentine's Day because 9 months from that date is November and my birthdays and November. Everybody count 3 months back and figure out when your parents banged

November 21st is 40 weeks after valentines day. Any later than the 22nd and you can't be in the scorpio kewl crew.

Did you seriously just realize this? Because I found out in grade school when a teacher called me a valentines baby. My older brother was dads' birthday sex. My younger brother is a new years-ish baby.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nephzinho posted:

I follow the guideline of "if you don't wish someone a happy birthday you should unfriend them" and it has kept things pretty garbage free.

Some of us just don't like to acknowledge our birthdays. It's just another day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Government trailer park.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Immanentized posted:

isn't there some parks program specific to California that would hire these guys?

I seem to remember a poster on GiP doing something with that for a while. It sounded like a postincarceration rehab with a little vocational training thrown in

He had a thread about CCC, or some similar acronym. I remember what you're talking about.

E: this one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813346&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 11, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, just send everything for a fresh coat of CARC.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How the gently caress has this not been in the news sooner?

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1061853871318949888?s=21

I eagerly await the mountain of fuckups when they go tinkering with the VA payment system.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol thanksgiving. So glad I did my yearly trip back east last month. I'm done tolerating political conversation unless I actively have a lit joint or hash pen in my hand. Which is fine when I go see my Trump crazy uncle, because he'll wrangle up the family potheads and we'll all make fun of each other while getting high.

gently caress winter travel, I'll go back east again when it's cookout and campfire season.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Listen I've spent half my time in Virginia and half my time in New Mexico and Colorado and I'll tell you the draconian traffic laws in VA are loving worth it because in states where the cops don't bother enforcing any the drivers go balls-to-the-wall bonkers

I appreciate being able to do 10 over everywhere I go in Colorado because some rear end in a top hat within a stones' throw of me is going faster, probably swerving and on the phone.

The construction between the Springs and Denver is gonna be hilariously terrible the next few years though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Colorado had the second highest voter turnout in the country this year with 62%.

62% for a goddamn midterm election. 2020 is gonna be really interesting at this rate.

Highest state turnout was 64%, btw. Minnesota.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 14, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol piss babby mad at everyone today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

??? not seeing any tweets

Cnn was babbling about the staff shake ups, Melania making him look whipped with the most recent. Talking heads talking about the staffers walking on eggshells after the veterans day optics.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If only it was in Naples, Florida...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

You guys think they'll actually execute those dudes, or just put them in whatever hosed up version of the witness protection program they use for people close to the royal family who messed up?

Probably a jailhouse swap for some yemeni or qatari to hang in their places.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Does the watch notify me of illegal migrants within my vicinity and have alarms to remind me what time fox news programs start?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

They've wanted this for a while

And they can have it, assuming they run a family farm.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hellscape, here I come!

At least I'm over my metaphorical hill. Everything is coasting now until I either get killed in an accident or live long enough to develop alzheimer's and die on a walk a mile from a highway in the woods.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good article about how poo poo the VA continues to become.

New York Magazine: What the State of the VA Tells Us About Trump’s War on Welfare.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...paign=feed-part

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Imagine being one of those loving Whataburger employees.

Also bitcoin is down to $5k.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol bitcoin below $4900 now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of the younger trimmers at work mentioned wanting to buy a bitcoin (like it was a physical thing he could stuff in his pocket) friday before last. It was still around $5800ish or whatever at the time. Last friday I asked him if he'd looked at the price recently, gotta a shrug in response. Asked again today, another shrug.

I think he bought some bitcoin after he mentioned it 10~ days ago. I gave him a good rundown on how it's just a modern tulip mania (no clue what that was) or like beanie babies in the 90s, the day he mentioned it. He was also of the belief that beanie babies were still valuable.

Goddamn, how it must be, to be 21 and gullible as gently caress.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm gullible as hell, just not to this guys' level. I hope he learned a valuable lesson though.

I should send him to a recruiter.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All the rage right now is apparently subterranean exploration and maybe caves and deeper valleys will have enough oxygen for sustaining idiot people.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mods changed my name posted:

can we just eat these fuckers already and get it the gently caress on

loving seriously.

I'll take my politician medium rare and mounded in salt.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well that's uplifting. Like I needed more excuse to drink on a tuesday morning

What's really uplifting is the continuous bitcoin crash. Below $4400.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Richard Bong posted:

One thing I really enjoy, that I learned in the military, was how to tell someone to subtly gently caress themselves when the consequences of doing so are severe.

Kinda like this officer. He did good.

I learned a bit of that too, but found it's more therapeutic to just be blunt.

Like when I was offered a job for a company I worked for prior, I could've easily said no thank you, call the next guy on the books. But no, I had to say I'd rather run backwards naked through a corn field than work for them goddamn clowns again. And a week or two later I left that union anyhow. It just felt better to express it off hip, considering how loving sloppy that union was at the time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Wasabi the J posted:

police officers with two jobs are really bad about mistakenly killing minorities, huh? This guy, Martello...

Has he been sentenced yet? I seem to remember a blip about him in recent months on here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bitcoin making GBS threads the bed again. Down to $3700ish. Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This slow motion crypto crash is like watching the silver market scrape bottom a few years ago after it was at a high around $50/oz. It's $14~ right now. My brother is still sitting on more bars of it than he's willing to talk about because he paid above $40/oz for them before the drop years ago. Except silver doesn't have as certain a bottom as all of cryptos zeroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sweet potatoes are fine. Watched a news piece yesterday or so about african villages that have taken to growing them for the vitamins to keep their children from going blind.

Sure, they taste awful to us, but lots of people rely on that nasty loving yam.