Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

was this posted yet

Playing high school football changes the teenage brain
https://news.berkeley.edu/2018/11/15/playing-high-school-football-changes-the-teenage-brain/

I know some of you GIP folks lose it when someone threatens your precious footballs

Make 👏🏽 football 👏🏽 violent 👏🏽 again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jarmak posted:

Oh sweet I was a 240 gunner who got knocked out by and IED, had dozens of near misses with rockets/mortars, and played football for 7 years during which I had multiple concussions.

Basically I'm hosed

:stare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jaguars! posted:

However, I believe there is some evidence that habitually heading the ball is bad in the same way as boxing is writ small. Certainly the most painful impacts I've had on the field is taking a ball to the face.

Yeah I guess soccer can be worse than you’d expect as far as concussions go, and not just players running into each other. Think I read some lower leagues ban headers...?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Vasudus posted:

I would argue that a good half of the 'Millennials are killing x' industry are generational poverty related. I see lists of industries/topics sometimes that we're responsible for killing and I'll say outloud to myself 'good, gently caress them' or 'like gently caress i'm spending x dollars on y item'. It's always hilariously lovely industries too.

Always love posting this one

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 1, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I guess it is and I’m baffled why anyone would be so mad about those drat granola earth loving liberals!!! Eating avocado on toast.

Only thing I’m mad about is the ever increasing price of avocado/guac and their add-ons