Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

His cameo in the Spider-Man PS4 game was perfect, but I’m sure they have something special for him in Avengers 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

quote:

Mr. Lee constantly addressed and engaged the readers. In his memoir, written with George Mair, he remembered one particular author’s note: “On the cover I wrote something like, ‘Look, this may not be one of the best stories we’ve ever done, but we’ve given you enough good ones so that you owe it to us to buy this lemon anyway.' ”

pfft

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

R.I.P. to the legend. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oops.

https://twitter.com/huwzat/status/1062305956082733056

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Ha! They misspelled Geddy Lee

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/WalterSimonson/status/1062172793868050432

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I wonder if stan read every issue and if so for how long.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I just re-read the original Howard the Duck #4, and the first item in the letter column was from Stan, telling Steve Gerber what a great job he was doing. Gerber said the only thing that would have made him happier would have been a letter from Albert Camus.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

EDIT-poo poo, didn't see the memorial thread, sorry guyz will move there.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I wonder if stan read every issue and if so for how long.

By the time you hit 1980's and the line explosion, nobody could have kept up with everything Marvel was releasing monthly. But I'd like to think that Stan kept reading some of his favorites as long as he could.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm getting laser surgery today. They didn't discuss what color lasers I get, but I certainly hope they are real lasers and not stupid punch dimension portals.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I'm getting laser surgery today. They didn't discuss what color lasers I get, but I certainly hope they are real lasers and not stupid punch dimension portals.

If your name isn't alliterative then you're probably not going to get anything better than laser pointer eyes. I mean, unless your real name is something like "Mike Lezar" in which case you are definitely getting death beams and a desperate need to show those fools once and for all.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Random Stranger posted:

If your name isn't alliterative then you're probably not going to get anything better than laser pointer eyes. I mean, unless your real name is something like "Mike Lezar" in which case you are definitely getting death beams and a desperate need to show those fools once and for all.

No, i think you misunderstood. It doesn't matter the color, they're going to be unique and named after him. The important thing is that he's going to end up with an Endless Supply of Mike Lasers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endless Mike posted:

Have you prepared a proper Clairemontian Battle Phrase to accompany the sudden infusion of InfiniRays that your surgeryaccident will provide?

"No ORDINARY MAN can withstand the bombastic energies unleashed by my ENDLESS GAZE"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What are you getting lasered?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well this is some bullshit. I can't figure out how to shoot lasers at all!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Well this is some bullshit. I can't figure out how to shoot lasers at all!

Are you wearing the right goggles?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Take off the red glasses

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The joke is you can only shoot them outta yo butt.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My lasers come out of my dick.
Yes, I am an incel but don't group me in with those losers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You should get that checked by a doctor

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
@Rhyno

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKy5NWB9ru/

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/teen-titans-raven

Now you just gotta wait for...six months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NICE!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1061231079799971840

I like that Kelly Thompson and Bendis are making GBS threads on it too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1061586192221650944

i did too ryan

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm still fixated on my new party game of "name as many superheroes that obviously read books all the time and frequently on panel as you can in 30 seconds", I think it's going to be the hot trend of 2019.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unexceptional men like billionaires Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark.

Anyway, real talk, the surgery was quick and easy and the surgeon says everything looks great. After a mandatory nap after getting home, my vision seems almost as good as when I wore contacts, just with some glare that should go away with time.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Endless Mike posted:

Anyway, real talk, the surgery was quick and easy and the surgeon says everything looks great. After a mandatory nap after getting home, my vision seems almost as good as when I wore contacts, just with some glare that should go away with time.

Have you had a chance to check our your night vision yet?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not yet. It's only 4:30. It seemed okay in the dark room but I realize that's not the same

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Unexceptional men like billionaires Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark.

At what point do you need ruby quartz glasses to control the blasts coming out of your eyes?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Have you pressed L3+R3 and checked out the Detective Vision?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Not yet. It's only 4:30. It seemed okay in the dark room but I realize that's not the same

Wait until you see car headlights at night. That's when the starbursts were the worst for me.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

CapnAndy posted:

I'm still fixated on my new party game of "name as many superheroes that obviously read books all the time and frequently on panel as you can in 30 seconds", I think it's going to be the hot trend of 2019.

This is actually kind of an interesting thing to think about. The ones that spring to mind for me are Beast and the old X-Statix member Vivisector. Paige Guthrie too, she was always reading a textbook in early Gen X issues.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kitty Pryde was a big reader when she first appeared I think.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

At what point do you need ruby quartz glasses to control the blasts coming out of your eyes?

After falling and hitting my head on a rock and getting brain damage, obviously.

joehonkie posted:

Wait until you see car headlights at night. That's when the starbursts were the worst for me.
I believe it. Even seeing large white things on my phone cause a ton of glare.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

I believe it. Even seeing large white things on my phone cause a ton of glare.

It gets better, but then you get old and pretty much now I'm pushing back on getting the reading glasses I need.

...I stole my son's toy magnifying glass so I could figure out the sizes of a bunch of my SD cards.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Funny Panels thread really is where humor goes to die :ughh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Got my post-op exam today. Still can't shoot lasers, BUT my vision is 20/15 or better. I *guess* that's an acceptable side effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

joehonkie posted:

It gets better, but then you get old and pretty much now I'm pushing back on getting the reading glasses I need.

...I stole my son's toy magnifying glass so I could figure out the sizes of a bunch of my SD cards.

I got a magnifying glass years ago and headlights have always been absolutely blinding to me - but I also have

R: +0.5/-3.25 x 2
L: +3.0/-3.75 x168

as you see a very hefty does of astigmatism. That's a big reason why I have a 12.9" iPad Pro and not a 10.5" or 11" as my main comic reading device. I need that poo poo to be big to read comfortably. Also the astigmatism makes all 3D movies into 2h of torture and headaches, which means instead of going to the cinema I mostly watch movies at home now.

Decius fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 16, 2018

• Locked thread