Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The politicians response to the Schoolies March strongly reminds me of these lines from Elvis Costello:

quote:

Try telling me she isn't angry with this pitiful discontent
When they flaunt it in your face as you line up for punishment
And then expect you to say thank you straighten up, look proud and pleased
Because you've only got the symptoms, you haven't got the whole disease

It's like they were trying to be funny but only managed contempt.

Further to that muting twitter post:

https://gist.github.com/freem/6d209c37da456165c97f74b1e082f444

got a bunch more there.

edit edit:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46380418

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

And while Melbourne is busy taking the NRL Grand Final, Adelaide and Perth team up to steal the AFL grand final, Formula 1 style

Locked in at the MCG until 2057, thanks to Dandrews.

(I know you know this)

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 1, 2018

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
nah give the NRL granny to perth or something, they need something to use that new stadium for on grand final weekend.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Brown Paper Bag posted:

RE Gavin McInnes being denied a Visa (good), why hasn’t there been a campaign to cancel Tommy Robinson’s visa? He’s a literal criminal, domestic violence perpetrator and has even more explicit links to Neo-Nazis

I think no Visa application has been received for Tommy. Hence why no rejection.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Grifts all the way down with these idiots.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They've only arrested like 200 people in Paris over the fuel riots. Given how fat and lazy Australians are and that we've got no cultural memory of doing anything to oppose the government, I think we should just flat out tax any energy from fossils at double the current price and people will just eat the poo poo sandwich and get used to it while the money builds renewables lightning fast.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

Other states, particularly Queensland and Victoria, would pay big money to steal the NRL decider from NSW. Victoria, for example, would be able to host the AFL and NRL grand finals on consecutive weekends. The tourism benefits of that double-header would be amazing.
Victorians don't give a poo poo about Rugby League, unless the Storm is in the Grand Final. There's no way you'd get Victorians to queue up for a NRL GF with two NSW teams.

JBP posted:

They've only arrested like 200 people in Paris over the fuel riots. Given how fat and lazy Australians are and that we've got no cultural memory of doing anything to oppose the government, I think we should just flat out tax any energy from fossils at double the current price and people will just eat the poo poo sandwich and get used to it while the money builds renewables lightning fast.

Meh, we can still blame non whites, immigrants, unions, top end of town, single mothers before we even think of rioting

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/tomred43/status/1068986537273044993?s=21

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

JBP posted:

We will just continue to pile on loads of credit card debt until the nation collapses under the private debt burden

The business as usual scenario

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

JBP posted:

There’s a lot of political leverage available to the fossil fuel lobby with consumer level price signal policies. Hence french riots and axe the tax here.
Just leave consumers out of it and start by banning any new coal mines. The incentive is long term cost benefit of reduced global impact and subsequent financial damage to Australia.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

"George HW Bush was an underrated president from a more civilised era of US politics" - John Barron

I'm so glad this fucker is hosting Planet America.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tithin posted:

Here's a stupid loving question though - phones have all sorts of cool apps for twitter that cuts out a lot of twitters bullshit.

Is there anything like that for the PC? or am I reliant on twitter dot com's bullshit attempts at a "timeline" that mixes tweets from 18 hours ago with poo poo from 7 minutes ago

There used to be, but not many any more since twitter stopped making their changes to API public, so most apps only have access to a subset of features that actual twitter has. My advice would be to use mastodon instead because twitter is a fascist hellsite and you can do so much better

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/bevanshields/status/1068980719425187840?s=21

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Innit weird how it's never enuff, every month there's another new power they need to keep us safe

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

lmao these fuckin idiots were using whatsapp and wickr precisely for that reason - so they could hide their metadata and not be subject to the same requirements their official comms had in place

these loving people suck

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question:

Given how according to the Liberals Victorians are terrified of teh Apex African gangs terrorizing innocent dinner goers, what nationality of Apex gangs do they think are terrorizing Sydney, or Brisbane, or heaven forfend even Hobart?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Reffos

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Why hasn't someone made a new thread outsourced making a new thread to a private company yet?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BrigadierSensible posted:

A question:

Given how according to the Liberals Victorians are terrified of teh Apex African gangs terrorizing innocent dinner goers, what nationality of Apex gangs do they think are terrorizing Sydney, or Brisbane, or heaven forfend even Hobart?

Sydney has Lebanese crime gangs, did you not watch Lauren Southern's expose?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Why hasn't someone made a new thread outsourced making a new thread to a private company yet?

Lazy Millennials are killing Monthly Threads.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
There is no value to be mined from auspol posts so the private sector isn't interested in it.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's biting commentary about how Australian politics is stuck in the past.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/bevanshields/status/1069077799833464832?s=21

Image: shorten yes yes!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

the emergency being "oh we are so hosed"?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

There's no reason to have a monthly thread, it's not required in D&D anymore.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

There's no reason to have a monthly thread, it's not required in D&D anymore.

Eternal December.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

ewe2 posted:

Eternal December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NhL3agUaw

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

monkeu posted:

Image: shorten yes yes!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Sky News/2GB/NewsCorp bubble these pollies are in is amazing. None of those kids protesting the other day read the paper or listen to talkback radio, but as long as Alan Jones sucks Scummo off for all two thousand of his listeners they're going to stay the course.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Sky News/2GB/NewsCorp bubble these pollies are in is amazing. None of those kids protesting the other day read the paper or listen to talkback radio, but as long as Alan Jones sucks Scummo off for all two thousand of his listeners they're going to stay the course.

i hope the liberals message of 'gently caress those kids gently caress all kids' makes its way thrghou though

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

isn't this the bloke that abbott's like "oh you'd be making a terrible mistake to not pre-select him?"

"A key factional ally?" like, he's at risk of not being preselected because he's unpopular as poo poo?

it's funny just sitting here at the sidelines watching this garbage

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i hope the liberals message of 'gently caress those kids gently caress all kids' makes its way thrghou though

quote:

Truth Sharing.

To all the school kids going on "strike" for climate change..
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom. You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised. You spend all day and night on electronic devices. More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and replace perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy. Your scooters and skateboards are increasingly... electric!
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this... tell your teachers to switch off the air-con. Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book. Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured goods.
No, none of this will happen because you are uneducated, selfish, virtue signalling little turds inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I propose we just rename the thread AusPol December: We begin at the dawn of Shorten and remember the posts from this new golden era

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Electric skateboards?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snoremac posted:

Electric skateboards?

If they didn't spend so much on electric skateboards, smashed avo, and reffos, these 16 year old millennials would be able to get on the property ladder and buy an air conditioner instead of whining about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why does this unaustralian oval office hate manufacturing so much, Me Speaker?