Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BARNABY JOYCE HIDING UNDER BEDS NEWS AT 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Welp guess he didn't want the leadership back after all!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

"Sorry for my aggression but I am cynical of this poo poo," Mr Joyce told AAP.

"I've seen Prince Harry in a Nazi uniform, I'm pretty certain he's not a Nazi.

"I have an inherent cynicism because of a knowledge of how politics goes, right back to the McCarthyist witch hunts for the reds under the bed."

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
brave of him to say that he’ll go after the nazis himself a day after 20 of them resigned

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Don Dongington posted:

Welp guess he didn't want the leadership back after all!

I guess we know who was pushing for him to come back.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

He knows how to target his references correctly for the nats voters

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
What are the odds Barnaby gets photographed with some of these weirdos in the next few weeks

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

They're only Nazis if they were members of the Nazi party! Just wearing a swastika and chanting blood and soil is not substantial evidence

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

bandaid.friend posted:

What are the odds Barnaby gets had been photographed with some of these weirdos in the next over the last few weeks years but no one in the Canberra press gallery thought it was newsworthy

Ftfy

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

In other nazi news is there anyone here who pays for news.com? There's a story about true blue crew in the courier mail planning some convoy or something in the sunshine coast and I want to read it to find out if I should start investing in spike strips.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

cohsae posted:

In other nazi news is there anyone here who pays for news.com?
There is an inside man.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
i'm still salty about the "I stopped these" boat

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

adamantium|wang posted:

i'm still salty about the "I stopped these" boat

Someone should buy him an “I stopped these” on a metal voting form

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

dirtgolem posted:

Getting my primary schooling in the 80's, Social Studies units were all about Aboriginal culture, Dream time mythology, how bullshit and brutal the white folk invasion was, field trips to learn bush living and survival and language. About 4 years worth and this was Geraldton WA, of all places. Don't they do that anymore? Or, is that news article just recycled umbrage bait?

I was at primary school at the same time in Perth and we didn't get anything close to that. We learnt a little bit about the Dreamtime and the rainbow serpent and we got an excursion to the museum which had a display on some Aboriginal artifacts.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

BARNABY JOYCE HIDING UNDER BEDS NEWS AT 11

fuckheads under beds

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rabe9/status/1058261412852596739

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lol

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good job Barney

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually they meant the libs Barnaby

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Lmao gently caress me that only took an hour

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Is 'Bonerby Joyce' on the strife scale

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Springtime for Hitl- Barnaby

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

cohsae posted:

In other nazi news is there anyone here who pays for news.com?

I have a subscription, but i dont pay for it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Barnaby ok with this stuff or is he just an immense dumbass who circled the wagons before finding out the actual details?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Is Barnaby ok with this stuff or is he just an immense dumbass who circled the wagons before finding out the actual details?

Circled the wagons then realised the nazis were inside the wagons.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://theyvoteforyou.org.au/people/representatives/new_england/barnaby_joyce

Bit of poo poo inextricable from these people aside from nazi memes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

TheMightyHandful posted:

I have a subscription, but i dont pay for it.

Comrade?

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination
Barney This morning

It's just a Red's (down) under the bed panic.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Opportunism, he thought he'd found a wedge to get McCormack out.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Anidav posted:

Comrade?

No, thankfully. UTAS decided to give students a sub for some reason.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's ok to Barnaby

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Or

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

It's ok to Barnaby

It's never ok to Barnaby, especially around females

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/lukelpearson/status/1058118509278912512?s=21

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Pearson In The Wind is a fantastic handle

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Hey guys, remember how we thought all those principals of Anglican schools wanted to be able to discriminate against gay people??

Well it turns out they don’t want that at all.....

quote:

One principal who signed the letter, the headmaster of St Andrew’s school, told Guardian Australia on Friday it had been misinterpreted and the exemption was something “we don’t actually want”.

John Collier said the issue had been misreported by media, and his school would never expel a student or sack a teacher for being gay.

He said he wanted the exemption removed, but that it should be retained as a “temporary expediency” until it could be replaced with other protections for religious freedom.

“What we Anglican heads are saying is these exemptions are uncomfortable, that they operate in the area of discrimination, and let’s get rid of them. But only get rid of them when can replace them with positive terms which protect our rights to suit our ethos.”

He said religious schools needed the right to hire teachers who agreed with the school’s beliefs in the same way that environmental organisations only hired people who believed in climate change.

He said the exemption in the Sex Discrimination Act was unwanted but was “the only legal protection that schools currently have”.

“It’s the only thing we can cling to, and it’s very partial and we don’t actually want it,” he said. “It doesn’t really [protect the ethos of the school]. But there is not very rich legislation in the field. Schools rely on anything.

“We agree we don’t actually want the exemptions but they have got to stay there. Many of our old students have said now ‘we understand, and that’s fine’… People are reacting against trigger words which they have misconstructed,” he said.

“The current exemptions … are really the only significant legal protections available to schools to maintain their ethos and values in regard to core issues of faith. A more general positive right would be far better, but until such time … the exemptions should remain.”

On Friday, the head of Barker College – another signatory – wrote on the school’s website that he was “dismayed” by the reaction to the letter.

“It is clear the letter has been perceived as a message of discrimination and cruelty. Such a message was never intended and I am truly distressed to see this impact.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
no ring