Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

hambeet posted:

:toxx: Vic ALP smashes election

Very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Katter won't refer anyone to high court

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

TheMightyHandful posted:

I have a subscription, but i dont pay for it.

Comrade?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The worst MP is Tony Abbott.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland is strong, aka The Sunshine State, The Smart State, The State of Fear.

The IQ of an average Queenslander far exceeds those from other states. Queenslanders have a vice like grip evolved from decades of strong handshakes, crushing aluminium cans and fixing up Postie Bikes and modding them so they can be driven on the highway.

Queensland is not hated due to her flaws but due to her strenghths and the envy of those who are lesser and probably spend most of their time drinking coffee and pretending to be interested in buying a Tesla at a mall display.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I wonder what happened to all those Campbell coins.

They are still at the top of Campbell Tower, guarded by the most experienced Conservative politician in the LNP...

Tim Mander.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

in a pot at the end of a rainbow

rainbows are now banned in QLD

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuckin' hell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Every time I think ScoMo has reached his limit on sucking boomer dick he surpasses it and sets a new benchmark in sucking boomer dick.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Piccolo posted:

Every time I think ScoMo has reached his limit on sucking boomer dick he surpasses it and sets a new benchmark in sucking boomer dick. Scott Morrison is a genius.
\

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Haha did everybody miss this?

https://twitter.com/Republic_Nauru/status/1055365744223895552?s=19

What us going on in that first picture?

quote:

Peta Credlin
November 3, 2018 11:00pm
Subscriber only

IF you’d thought that so much of this talk about desperate asylum seekers on Nauru and Manus is just cover for a racket, you’d be right, at least for some of them.

Last week it transpired that 71 of the boat people on Nauru have refused an offer of resettlement in the US. These are people who have been found to be refugees with a “well-founded fear of persecution” in their homeland, and they’ve been on Nauru for five years already.

Yet they’ve knocked back America. If Nauru is the hellhole of rampant, suicide-inducing mental illness that the refugee activists claim, why would 71 boat people refuse to go to the “land of the free”?

These are refugees who supposedly can’t go back home. They’ve been stuck on this supposed prison island for five years (although I’ve been there, and I dispute it’s anything like how it gets described in the media here, mostly by people who’ve never set a foot on the place); yet they say no to the US? For people who are allegedly desperate, they’re incredibly picky about which safe, new, First World country they’ll accept.

There are millions of people languishing in refugee camps, particularly vulnerable women and children, who would grab the chance of life in America — but not these 71.

Apparently, these refugees knocked back the US when they heard they would have to work and would not receive welfare. They’re not even economic migrants; they’re welfare migrants, forum shopping for best taxpayer-funded lifestyle.

And this is precisely why the Morrison government needs to be very careful about giving in to the bleeding-heart lobby and bringing all the boat people with children to Australia. Once they’re here, refugee activists and their lawyers will make it impossible for them to go back to Nauru. Sort out medical issues, of course; allow it to be a backdoor entry ruse, no way!

To date, 46 babies have been born in Nauru and what you don’t want is the unintended consequence of children being used as an immigration bargaining chip, or loaded on to leaky boats in the first place.

Last week we had another glimpse into how courts and tribunals are being manipulated to get around our immigration rules, but it wasn’t for people who’d risked their lives to come to Australia in leaky boats.

Instead, it was confirmed that more than 200 Commonwealth Games athletes and officials (mostly from African countries) have applied for asylum in Australia. Their country thought highly enough of them to send them abroad as sports ambassadors but now they’re saying that they can’t go back because of fear of persecution. And as usual, our system is accommodating them.

After their initial applications were refused, 184 of them are appealing the decision and, like the boat people on Nauru and Manus, they’re largely being sustained by you the taxpayer.

So far $300,000 has been spent on legal aid and $1.3 million keeping them in detention or supporting them in the community. And there’ll be millions and millions more spent, before these cases are dealt with.

Our system is absurdly generous. Yes, we are a decent country where people are given a fair go. But when boat people in Australia’s care knock back America because they can’t go on welfare and Commonwealth Games athletes milk the system to stay in Australia, we are being taken for a ride. At least Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton and Attorney-General Christian Porter have now commissioned ex-High Court judge Ian Callinan to review the administrative appeals system to stop it from being gamed.

The basic problem, though, is that all of our systems are set up to give the bad guy the benefit of the doubt. No one wants Australia to stop being Australian, and to lose that easygoing generosity of spirit and welcome for people who come here to have a go and join the team. But we really must get better at sorting out the sheep from the goats. And it shouldn’t take small armies of taxpayer-funded lawyers to do it.

Right now, our court system has immigration appeals listed right out until 2021. It’s not good that people won’t have their cases heard for three years; but it’s even worse that immigration applicants don’t mind, because they’re looked after by the taxpayer in the meantime, and have opportunities to get married, have children and otherwise make it harder and harder for them to be sent back.

If it’s time to clear the offshore processing centres, it’s also time to change the definition of who can claim asylum and who is a refugee. At the very least, if you’ve come here under false pretences, or if you’ve skipped through several countries before landing in Australia, you’re not an asylum seeker and you can’t be a refugee; you’re a would-be economic migrant and should be sent straight back home. It is fair enough to want to live here, who wouldn’t? But apply like thousands of other people do and come through the front door.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

:thunk:

I will never understand social media moderation policies.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is it just me or is it as time passes the more brain spiders occupy Scott Morrison's brain

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

G'day it's your main man ScoMo here in Townsville and I just want to thank all the mothers out there this weekend and keep making Australia strong and stuff. Peace.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

that the world has become a terrible dagerous place with old ladies being constantly beaten and raped and murdered and frightened every day, and twice on Sundays etc.

As humans amass wealth within capitalism and become more pig like, nothing works better than to say something terrible, poorer and violent is coming to take their livelihood away.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

In 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He is descending into madness.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A pack of morons?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scott Morrison called his bus the Scomobile today.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I tried to explain Matthew Guy and his Mafia links to Queenslanders and alot of them said it was fake news and I linked them articles and theirs response was that Fairfax is fake news.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Comstar posted:

SocMo is thinking of doing two elections next year. One for upper house, then after the budget, the lower.

Political suicide has my vote.

Can he even do that? I thought he had to have a general election, no ifs or buts.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yes.

It hasn't been done since the 70s but you can have a half-Senate election separately from a Reps-only one. The Senate term expires in the middle of next year so there needs to be a half-Senate election in the first half but a Reps-only election could be as late as November 2019.

There is just no way anyone will have a favourable view of such an action.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor has pulled further in front of the Coalition in the national political contest, and voter disapproval of Scott Morrison has jumped by nine points in a month, according to the latest Guardian Essential poll.

The latest survey of 1,028 voters puts Labor ahead of the Coalition 54% to 46% on the two-party-preferred measure, compared with 53% to 47% a fortnight ago – a result that would give Bill Shorten an easy election win.

More voters (41%) approve of Morrison’s performance as prime minister than disapprove (37%), but disapproval has risen from 28% in October, a shift outside the poll’s margin of error which is plus or minus 3%.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

http://www.auscentre.party/

Anidav fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 5, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Weird it redirects to an actual party and also redirects to a massage parlour lol

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

hambeet posted:

wait was turnbull on q&a last night?

Thursday.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure this gang violence poo poo is another United States import because the Liberals are on a shrinking policy platform and are basically paralysed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Alot of people say that the Murdoch Press is the main pusher of this African gang stuff but I have seen some stunning stuff from 7 News media that puts the Herald Sun to shame.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You Am I posted:

How can you slow down something that has obviously stalled?

The bus has so much momentum that it appears frozen but it is actually travelling around Queensland very fast.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This was a good read

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sky news is running footage on replay of Daniel Andrews surrounded by Chinese flags.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I see Victoria is smart to sign up to the glorious Belt and Road Initiative.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

God drat hate mandatory office sweeps

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What did Bill Shorten eat? Nothing? How does he expect to support our farmers if he doesn't even eat things we produce bloody communist probably sucks Virgin blood to power his shadow union mates. Reeeeeeee.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Photo bombed by the bill

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I unironically think Bill Shorten is a pretty funny guy. He actually cracks a lot of good jokes, he is a cheeky lil poo poo but the media doesn't really give it screen time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I wonder if he will be more loved as PM when the media is forced to give his Zingers screen time

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

snoremac posted:

How many years before there’s a Sportsbet ad where a veteran looks solemnly at the camera saying he’s putting a tenner on the Cup for Our Diggers?

Now

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lmao this thread is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

11pm