Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm in the top 10 on server #2. In AYYLMAO alliance, I think we have spots if any goons want to join let me know.

This is the perfect game to play during WFH stay at home. It's easy to spend 5 minutes then tab out for a couple of hours before needing to come back. I suggest any goons visiting this thread go ahead and jump on this. Server #4 just started today if we wanted to get a goon group going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

CancerCakes posted:

I'm quite enjoying this - there is little to no documentation and I built my first outpost in a stupid place because I thought mining facilities could harvest from planets (they don't) but if we can get a strong presence it could be a fun romp - get in server 4 draco and pm me!

You can downgrade your outposts

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

pixaal posted:

4 Draco sounds like enough of a plan, anyone have any idea what they are doing? I apparently got into Alpha and didn't realize it because I have an alpha tester badge. I don't mind being terrible and just figuring things out for a round if that's what we want to do. An alliance doesn't seem too difficult to fill.

I've got a pretty good handle on things, but I don't feel like starting over this round as I already have my 3rd base up to lvl 3. I am happy to answer questions in this thread if you got them.

Main thing I have learned from the vets is that first base should be resource focused, solar flares and raiding lvl 1 NPCs are something you should never stop doing. Build the gently caress out of industrials after you've built some vettes, patrols, and scouts. Use scouts to find missions and send vettes and patrols to complete. Send vettes and patrols to clear out the lvl 1 NPC then come in behind with indies and take all their poo poo. Scan stars with scouts so you know when solar flares pop up and send indies to get those. You dont need more than 30 each of scouts, vettes, and patrols but never stop building indies.

Your 2nd base go down into the arms where resources are high and focus solely on mining. 3rd base send to an ice area and focus on labor. Then 4th base you build the heavy ship outpost and finally start pumping out your military by feeding it from all 3 other bases.

Another tip, when you are starting to get close to getting another base save up all your achievment awards and apply them to the new base when it is built to get a nice boost