Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
New Caledonia are holding a referendum on 4th November hoping to gain independence from their colonial masters France.

Should the tiny Island in the Pacific throw off the chains of imperialism and go alone?

Can a tiny Pacific nation become truly independent or will they inevitably fall in to the orbit of another regional power?

Will New Caledonia become an independent nation before Scotland despite being discovered by the white man 70 years after the act of union?

Heres a guardian article on the subject.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/01/new-caledonias-independence-referendum-what-you-need-to-know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A+ thread title

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
free Scotland

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

free Scotland

ill take it

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Vive la Nouvelle Caledoniexit

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

They rejected independence
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46087053

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh ra up the ra

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

still holding out for scotland to declare independence AND rejoin the EU as the maximum possible gently caress you to the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Feranon posted:

still holding out for scotland to declare independence AND rejoin the EU as the maximum possible gently caress you to the UK

the Scots are the biggest bunch of cucks in the world, op

• Locked thread