Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Trying to streamline the process this year, please read the rules and instructions carefully.

I did not save anyone's info from last year, so even if you played before, you will still have to send me all of the info listed below. I am using the same email as last year, automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com

Important Dates:
Friday, November 16th - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Friday, November 23rd - All pairings will go out by end of day.

Friday, December 7th - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day.

Sunday, December 23rd - PoniesAteMyBagel-Day (Deadbeat Cut Off): If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned.

Make sure you post pics after you get a package, someone went through the trouble and expense to send something to you, thank them!

-Please send the following info in the same format to automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com.
Subject Line must include your forums username and only your forums username.
-Username
-UserID: (this can be found by clicking on your profile and copying the number string at the end of the url -http://forums.somethingawful.com/me...userid=________)
-Shipping Label Name: (what you want me to send your Santa for him to slap on the shipping label. Real names, fake names, etc)
-Shipping Address: (please include all special info here for deliveries. Indicate if a signed delivery will be required for security reasons and I'll let your Santa know early)
-Santee Shipping: Domestic/North America/International (pick one). I only set this as there are a handful of countries that usually get involved, and it mainly boils down to Canada/US/UK/Nordic Countries/Australia. If it says Domestic and I see you're in Australia, I'll get it.

Your email must have the above information in the order it is listed or i will email you and tell you to reformat it and try again.

Then, you make a post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Any specific requests. If you don't want dicks drawn on the box say so, but I'm not making any promises.
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Have enough T-shirts, maybe mention you'd prefer a neat little HF gadget/tool than another XL funny car guy t-shirt.

Proof of shipment rule
-No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.
-You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost
-Try and keep your gifts in the $20-40 range. Make sure you account for shipping cost. If you can't afford gift plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!
Donations of scotch for dealing with all this are welcome!

AI:SS EMAIL = automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com

iForge fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Thanks for doing this again iForge!

Special requests:

Please attempt to make me question my heterosexuality with the amount of dicks you draw on the box.
Neat and nifty tools / random poo poo like assorted cotter pins are always appreciated
I'm probably a Large now for any shirts but I can totally fit a Medium.
No drugs, no booze, explosives okay if properly shipped.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 5, 2018

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm in, as always.

:edit for details:

I'm an F1 fan, although not a Lewis Hamilton fan. I'm not into any sports aside from F1 and a little ALMS/WEC/Indycar.
I like VWs (98 Jetta TDI), drive a big dumb truck ('15 GMC 2500HD Duramax), and an shitbox Honda ('07 Fit), although the Honda is likely being sold soon. At this point, I think I've got nearly every tool I need, but 10mm sockets are always in short supply if you're stumped.
I work on underwater and above-water electronics, so anything electronics-related is worth a giggle. I'm into boats, but not fishing. I'll be finishing a work skiff for my wife this winter.
I wear the same thing every day (seriously), so shirts aren't particularly useful to me, but if you insist, XL is my size. :btroll:
No drugs, booze, or NSFW poo poo, please. I don't drink, don't do drugs, and I'm married. I don't game, listen to punk/hardcore, and I'm an Android user (Pixel2XL currently). That should cover it.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 5, 2018

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I'm in.

I love tshirts, VWs, C10 pickups, IH, broken or cool car parts, old licence plates, love letters, turbos, wall hanger stuff for the shop, stickers and the song Jesus Built my Hot Rod by Ministry.

Please no jazz music unless it's Thelonius Monk.

E: oh yea shirt size is large, hoodie xl

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 5, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm in like Flynn.

Gonna have to submit 2 addresses, depending on shipping method (both go to a USPS box, but they want a different address if it's coming via UPS/Fedex/etc, and holy gently caress are they PICKY about the formatting if it's coming via another carrier).

Uhm, I like dead car brands, good music (NO DAVE LIMP BIZKIT IS NOT GOOD MUSIC, IN FACT IT'S NOT EVEN MUSIC), t-shirts (large), stickers, wall art, broken poo poo, hot sauces, etc. I've owned a Ford, 6 Hondas, 1 Nissan, and I'm on my second Saturn. I'm pretty well set on hand tools.

Nothing graphic on the outside of the box, I traumatize the poor employees at my post office enough with all of the Rockauto orders.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 10, 2018

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Excellent work iForge, but I’m going to have to deduct points for breaking tradition and not having a Santa-meets-AI gif in the OP.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Been waiting for this since last year, I'm in again.

I ride bikes, typically the unpowered variety more than the moto. Stickers and garage art are always appreciated. Shirt size is a medium/slim large. If it helps I'm a code monkey by day, occasionally I fiddle with electronics or play pc games. Music preferences (if it's relevant?) include ska/hip-hop/electronica with minimal lyrics.

I've got dietary restrictions (coeliac) and customs frown on food products anyway so those would best be avoided. AusPost also don't like handling packages with dicks drawn all over the outside. Whatever you want to do inside is free game.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
In on the ground floor!

I like dicks, stickers, broken machines/electronics, bottles of magic smoke, hot sauces. The fleet comprises of a wr250r, ktm 950adv, africa twin, and a bricknose ford. Tshirt/hoodie size is a medium. electronica to ndh for music. Tools I'm pretty well covered but oddballs or homebrew'd are awesome.

no mealworms please.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh gently caress yeah boys

I valiantly try (and fail) to go fishing whenever I can, work on dumb mazdas (Own a mazda 6, work on a buddy's rx8 and long for an FC or miata), drink booze and work at an auto parts store. I'd also smoke weed if I wasn't so lazy about buying it. Anything goes, just please no shirts. My typical goony body is not compatible with most cloth wrappings. Stuff that hangs on walls is cool though.

Go nuts on the box. I welcome the awkward exchange with my family. :v:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 18, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna go in again this year. Have to, as is tradition. I have no specifics, and stalking may be better if you go under my old userID: 171727. Fair warning, though: if you do it's gonna get weirder the further back you go. Size women's 2x/18 if you're gonna do clothing but eugh augh whatever. I also have a ps4 but only HZD as a game.

I'm more into the giving mood this year.

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 13, 2018

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
E-mail sent!

I have a thread so you can see what kind of bullshit cars I have. I like books, tools, shirts (I wear a L) and whatever weird poo poo you can find.

The books I already have (to avoid a duplicate book like happened last year) are:
Driver, The Grand Tour Guide to the World, And On That Bombshell, some James May book that I can't find on Amazon, Go Like Hell, Arsenal of Democracy, all the Haynes and Bentley manuals I need and a few other books I'm forgetting.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I continue my longstanding membership of the SS.

Wait... :hitler:

Usual from me, I like most aspects of car stuff, so just send me anything cool, particularly stuff that represents car culture in your locale (unless it sucks).

No shirts please, or anything that will cause customs or the postal service to have a sense of humour failure.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
I wear large T-shirts and tend to do more aviation stuff than car stuff these days.

Vehicles

2010 Ranger
2015 Golf
1977 VW bus
1969 Piper Cherokee

I'm not picky on gifts but if there is an oddball tool that you have found to be especially useful that is a great gift idea.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I am so in again.

I am now down to 2XL t-shirts. (but i have a lot of shirts)

Things I like:
Volvo/Moose things (I have the P2 sickness with an 07 S60R)
Le Mans/IMSA/Endurance racing
VIR - is my local track
Stickers
Hot sauces
Salty/Spicy/choco-pb snacks.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 25, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm in yet again.

Vehicles:
1970 GMC C10 + LS1
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Honda CR-V boringmobile

Other things:
Nerdy and/or local specialties always appreciated.
Stickers
Food items that aren't booze or coffee, unless you want to send it for my wife to drink instead of me :v:
Keep it SFW since my six year old is as likely to open it as I am

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sure, why not.

- Nerdy, kitchy stuff is always fun
- Things local to you
- Craft beer (not IPA, darker is better)
- Craft/Local Whisky or Gin
- Small electronics
- Nerdy board/card games
- Car stuff (obviously), especially related to rally and hillclimb
- I'm a men's XL if you absolutely must
- I'm okay with :nws: stuff or gag gifts as long as it's not something my GF will leave me over.

I'm honestly easy to get stuff for as long as it's unusual/different.

The best SASS gift I ever got was this:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I will be participating as well this year!

Shirt size XLT (regular XL shirts are too short)
Vehicles:
2016 Colorado (DD)
2000 Ranger (winter beater)
Industrial HVAC tech by trade
I like Chevy stuff, machinist stuff, old tools, whiskey, and deer hunting.
Nothing too crazy on the outside of the box, otherwise go hog wild.

iForge fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 7, 2018

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have emailed my registration for my third AI:SS

For those hesitant and watching from the sidelines - don't! Join in, it is a lot of fun giving gifts to strangers on the internet!

Should shirt size matter: slim fit large
Vehicles:
BMW M3 (I am basic as hell)
Mazda6 beater
Ford Flex familymobile

I am a huge radio controlled car nerd as it is my hobby and job. I like small sized specialty tools, detailing stuff, BMW motorsports stuff (again, I am basic af), any local random foodstuff is fun to get. I am really good for whatever, just no booze/drugs/coffee as they won't be consumed. I have little kids around too so nothing directly :dong: related but if there is a euphemism then more power to you.

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid

Somewhat Heroic posted:

For those hesitant and watching from the sidelines - don't! Join in, it is a lot of fun giving gifts to strangers on the internet!

Well heck, I'm in. Long time lurker and I always miss these so why not

The highlight of my day is catching up on the Aeronautical Insanity and Lets Import Vehicles threads, I'm a huge fan of anything aviation and old Japanese and euro sports cars. Men's M shirt size if that matters

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm gonna not be a shithead and actually participate this year.

- Any specific requests: I don't really have any except to say "have fun with it." I just had my first kid this year so maybe that's some useful information? Shirt size medium if it matters.
- "do not send" list: I've already got enough sex toys. No Shagsalls please.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 7, 2018

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Thank you for putting that in my amazon history.

Consider me IN. AI:SS has been great to participate in previous years,and it's a tradition at this point. If you haven't participated in previous years, make this your year, it's great fun!

Vehicles:
2003 Subaru Baja WRX
2008 Porsche Boxster
2013 Hyundai Veloster
2010 Subaru Impreza

I love road trips and travelling, I'm a nerdy guy who's an EE that designs electrical and control systems for industrial HVAC so techy and electronic do-dads are cool. I'm from the frozen north so nothing CBSA would confiscate if you're shipping cross-border but I like getting a taste of local flavors from around the country. Stickers are cool but they'll likely just end up on my toolbox.

Otherwise go hog wild and surprise me!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm gonna not be a shithead and actually participate this year.

- Any specific requests: I don't really have any except to say "have fun with it." I just had my first kid this year so maybe that's some useful information? Shirt size medium if it matters.

That's quite the loving machine :nws: :stare:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Thanks Adiabatic for putting a reminder in so many threads.
I kept reading it and thinking I must sign up before being distracted by things and forgetting.

I drive a VW Polo, into general nerd poo poo etc. NSFW is fine and I'm a size L on shirts.
I like things that are local to the santa - food, postcards, tourist crap too.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

freelop posted:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Fyi Ill be away hunting for the next week or so, little to no service so if you email me with questions be patient and i will get back to you when i can

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

In for the second time! Last year was fantastic.

Zero specific requests. Everyone in the house has a pretty good sense of humour, go nuts. (I will hang truck nuts from my F-150 if they're hot pink, bedazzled or anything equally offensive to brodozers).
The more creative the better.
Only thing I have enough of is automotive-themed t-shirts. Other clothing including polos, etc is more than welcome.

Edit: Oh yeah; garage is a RX-8, F-150, Macan, CB400F. I live rotaries and electronics in general.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 9, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

freelop posted:

Don't spew your agenda all over on ma' forums! :argh:

Passing again this year. :effort:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Passing again this year. :effort:

Sad!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

In for another year...

snacks/candy
random automotive stuff especially neat old stuff
nearly anything old BMW is good
random small useful electronics

Don't need shirts/clothesNothing too obscene on the box please

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I got burned one year (got my package but the contents were more or less garbage, and I put in at least some effort into mine) and I'm still a bit salty.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

I got burned one year (got my package but the contents were more or less garbage, and I put in at least some effort into mine) and I'm still a bit salty.

Don't let that bring ya down. come awwnnnnnn

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Then dont post here.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Back in for another year.

I still drive a boring Corolla called Beryl. My shirt size is M although I probably don't need any more t-shirts (I did wear my Rally Bad Boyz one from last year the other day!)

Fun tools are always welcome, any booze too.

Oddly specific/super unrealistic request: intact A pillar trims for a 1998 e36 sedan in beige/brown whatever that interior colour is, well, yeah.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

iForge posted:

Then dont post here.

Not trying to be a downer. :ohdearsass:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:siren: Please don't post in the AISS thread if you aren't participating. :siren:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Posting is participating :smug:

oh god don't ban me

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm in! Slung is going to help out as well.

Cars that I drive:
  • 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear
  • 1988 Lincoln Town Car
  • Project: 1966 Coronet (don't think it needs anything but time)
  • Project: 1982 Supra (needs basically everything, is a mouse hotel)

Things that I like:
  • Really old computers, especially weird niche or foreign ones
  • Random small useful electronics, or broken ones
  • Books
  • Tools

I have two jerk cats who hate our freedoms.

No shirts, I probably have enough.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm in! Slung is going to help out as well.

Cars that I drive:
  • 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear
  • 1988 Lincoln Town Car
  • Project: 1966 Coronet (don't think it needs anything but time)
  • Project: 1982 Supra (needs basically everything, is a mouse hotel)

Things that I like:
  • Really old computers, especially weird niche or foreign ones
  • Random small useful electronics, or broken ones
  • Books
  • Tools

I have two jerk cats who hate our freedoms.

No shirts, I probably have enough.

Also blacksmithing stuff, or any cool mechanical components. And yeah books are cool.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
SO in. this is one of the few things i always do on this forum.
I am a mechanic and always love tools. I am a honda fanboy who drives a jeep for fun. I have a flashlight fettish. I love local brewed beers. Stickers are my favorite thing of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
AI:SS 2018 - Still marching lockstep to Valhalla
No dicks, no drugs, nothing that gets me or you on the FBI or HLS watch sites.
I've got an 11 year old that wants to do car things with Dad.
I have a love affair with Datsuns. Own a 260Z (rust bucket), and by proxy: a Mk1 MR2, and a 66 Volvo 122 Amazon
Have owned a basket case 07 VW GTI Fahrenheit (#66 of 1200 US) - I miss it.
With a new garage I need garage type stuff - not really tools mind you, but like stickers and wall art and other cool guy poo poo.

T-shirt size is XL (6'3" 240 > hey time to lose 60lbs fatty, 34" inseam)

extreme_accordion fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 16, 2018