Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I've been kind of a forums recluse this year, but I'm in. I still don't own any cars, but I do fly places and rent cars and get on ships and install hardware. I'm doing a low-carb thing this year, so sweets will be regifted to my coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I haven't got a chance to go through emails yet but just an FYI, if you live anywhere outside the USA and choose domestic only shipping, the list of potential santees is usually pretty slim so you may get the same person as last year. I will try to work it out so you don't, but if you're able to pay a little extra for shipping consider it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I'm in!

These days I'm living in Las Vegas and wear a suit, so unfortunately I'm out of the "Driving trucks around the desert every day" game. I also haven't owned a Yugo in a number of years, to my shame. So these days I mostly fly around on my big Yamaha or in my tiny Mazda, and I die a little time whenever I have to drive my wife's CRV "gently."

That said, I like everything - it's all an inspiration to spend more time with vehicles. T shirt size is large, I like esoteric stuff, and am painfully allergic to boxes of dead cockroaches.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Size
-Mens small/medium

-Stickers, cats, airplanes, music, cooking, guns, video games, tools, marine animals and dinosaurs so basically I'm 12 years old

Cars:
-90 Miata (Oh god, I need to sell this)
-00 Insight (In pieces)
-Austin Mini
-13 Fit

I've been lurking a lot recently but I should have some nice car junk memorabilia to send out.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I think I missed this the last year or so, so time to get back and share some of my accumulated swag.

Things I like: funky desktop toys, airplane stuff, stickers, snowboarding stuff (and stickers! I'm getting a new board!) weird local market chip flavours or just loving weird why would anyone eat that chip flavours in general. Anything really, most of the fun is in the gifting, the receiving is just bonus. Just don't send anything that is illegal in this country which I live in, being Canada.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 16, 2018

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
Whoo hoo!

Cars that run:
-- 2008 LS460
-- 2004 Porsche 911
-- 1980 FJ40
-- 2001 S10

Project:
--1973 240z (currently trying to bring it back from the dead)
-- God only know between now and then what else I might acquire.

Things that I like:
--Alcohol, especially anything local.
--Fun tools.
--Hot Sauces.
--Gizmos.
--Anything to help me get the Z back on the road.
--Anything that would go in my "Cabinet of Curiosity" the odder, the better.
--T-shirt L/XL

Left-field Request
--Flywheel cover for a 1980 FJ40

Dislikes
-- I'm not really into sweets.

You CANNOT offend me, so go nuts. I am easy and I like pretty much everything.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I'm in.

I'm cool with whatever, though international shipping will probably stem most of what people would like to send. Stickers, models, books, and random broken poo poo from project cars are always cool.

Vehicles:
Aeon My150 (150cc motorcycle from Taiwan).

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
In for this again - always a fun time.

My vehicles:

1995 Miata
2018 Civic Si
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R

I like pretty much anything, booze, hot sauce, stickers, tools, weird snacks, gaming stuff - not offended by anything.... as far as I know?

Shirt size Mens Medium.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Email sent.

Vehicles at present:
2019 Kia Forte
2007 Nissan Versa that I'm selling so please don't send me poo poo for it
1988 Toyota Pickup (Hilux) collecting dust while half disassembled
1976 Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser is the active project

As for what stuff, I like stuff, surprise me with stuff. If you need ideas see my thread. The thing I lack most in life is a set of JIS drivers.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 24, 2018

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I'm in again.

Cars:
1989 Buick Skyhawk Wagon (long-term driveway ornamentproject)
2003 Subaru Baja (another project, it's got a blown engine I need to replace)
2005 Buick LeSabre (ahoy cap'n! This is my wife's car until the Baja's running again)
2010 Chevy Equinox (some think these are bland but I love it)

I really don't need any more t-shirts but I'm a 2XL for hoodies.
Weird or old car stuff is good especially if it's GM, Subaru, or dead brands.
Stuff I can hang on the wall or stickers are great.
Tools are always cool and welcome.
Local foodstuffs like jerky or candy is neat.
Local booze is great as long as it's not gonna explode if it freezes (and it will freeze).
Nerdy stuff or electronics are awesome, especially if it's retro.

Please don't send anything illegal (sadly recreational :420: isn't legal here yet). I'd prefer if the outside of the box is SFW but the innards can be as :nws: as you like.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I already committed to a secret santa over in gip and I'm too poor to do both but I have some pretty cool AI-style gifts in mind so if someone is drawing a blank and needs some suggestions feel free to send me a pm.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I am in.
I drive a 2000 Sierra and I pretend to fix a horrible E21 but I'm a weeaboo ricer at heart. My shirt size is XLT/2XL but XLs kinda fit sometimes.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Registration is now closed. Emails will go out late next week for the pairings!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I did not sign up this year because I suck real bad and have been crazy busy. I hope you kids have fun. Big thanks to iForge for playing Santa again.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Matches are starting to go out now, I have a date tonight so I probably won't get them all out and will finish till tomorrow morning sometime. Sorry not sorry.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

The rest of the emails are going out now!

Forums user Colostomy Bag has graciously provided three $10 rockauto gift cards to be awarded as prizes this year. The winners of these will be:

First participant to send shipping proof.
First participant to post pictures of their swag.
Random participant chosen by a random number generator.

May the odds forever be in your favor

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

:siren: if you didnt get an email for some reason let me know, all matches are sent out.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Once again, iForge has assigned me to be his Santa - the idea, as per last year, is that I'll swap with someone, so he still gets to have an actually-secret Santa.

Can someone who wants/is happy with mainland US Santee send me a PM so we can swap? Doesn't matter where your assigned Santee is, as I'm fine with international shipping.

I'll post here once the switcheroo is done.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

iForge posted:

The rest of the emails are going out now!

Forums user Colostomy Bag has graciously provided three $10 rockauto gift cards to be awarded as prizes this year. The winners of these will be:

First participant to send shipping proof.
First participant to post pictures of their swag.
Random participant chosen by a random number generator.

May the odds forever be in your favor

All I ask is for you to post what you buy with the certs. A ball joint for a '96 F150? Cool. Turn signal lamp on a Mazda? Cool. Anything that helps your auto needs? Cool.

Merry Christmas goons.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Email received. I couldn't have asked for a better santee since I bought the gift a month ago. The juxtaposition is going to be incredible.

Looks like I'm going to have to send two separate gifts instead of waiting and bundling to play it safe and make sure at least one arrives in time.

Edit: I'm never going to figure out how to post from my phone correctly on the first try

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

InitialDave posted:

I'll post here once the switcheroo is done.
The keys of Santa-ing have been pulled from the goldfish bowl of fate, may God have mercy on our Santees.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'm in for a backup to save the day for someone, I found a really cool and useless gift.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
wrong thread

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 27, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I found something that would be totally awesome for my Santee and just came out, so I ordered it on impulse.

I'm still going to put together a personal gift and send it separately, but this was just too cool to wait.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, according to Canada Post, due to CUPW deciding to go on strike during the leadup to the holidays, it may be as long as March before international packages get delivered. Anyone who isn't in Canada, but has a Canadian santee should be aware of this.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, according to Canada Post, due to CUPW deciding to go on strike during the leadup to the holidays, it may be as long as March before international packages get delivered. Anyone who isn't in Canada, but has a Canadian santee should be aware of this.

To add to this, this will affect if you're shipping with USPS. From experience, the preferred alternative is FedEx, because UPS will gently caress your santee with customs brokerage fees.
(Unless they've changed that practice lately correct me if I'm wrong).

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Finger Prince posted:

(Unless they've changed that practice lately correct me if I'm wrong).

Nope, UPS will bend you over as hard as ever and if you want the clear it yourself to avoid their stupid extra charges, well their hours are 8-11am and 3-6pm Monday to Friday because gently caress you that's why.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

Fermented Tinal posted:

For what it is worth I have sent a few items to the US via Canada post recently and they seem to have gotten to the border in the usual time frame.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
So I'll admit that I'm really dumb, but I don't know how secret santa works.
I'm NOT supposed to sign my name to a card or anything right? I mean the idea is to give a gift anonymously, right?
I don't really see any way around not having a return address on there so I hope that's not a problem.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

The secret part is not knowing who is going to give you your gift, and not letting others know who you've been assigned to.

It's fine to have your gift give away who you are, once your santee has it it doesn't matter. It's been fairly typical to include a signed note with your gift in past years.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah you can give it away in the package or in the thread once your santee posts pictures, your choice.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Righteous. Thanks guys.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Order placed, really hoping my Santee doesn't already have it but if so I'll have a bit of time to sort out a plan b.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

So I'll admit that I'm really dumb, but I don't know how secret santa works.
I'm NOT supposed to sign my name to a card or anything right? I mean the idea is to give a gift anonymously, right?
I don't really see any way around not having a return address on there so I hope that's not a problem.

I hand delivered my gift one year. Should have stuck around for coffee.

I wanted to have this years gift hand delivered since I have family in the same city but my wife veto'ed having her sister deliver a weird gift to a random internet stranger.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Fermented Tinal posted:

As someone that does a fair amount of shipping to Canada from my work can Canada Goons weigh in on what their preference is? Like FedEx Express (air) seems the right way to go but I think FedEx tacks on a small handling fee. I hear it can range from like $5-10. There shouldn't be any duties/customs because it is marked as a gift and the value would be low.

I can confirm that standard 1st class shipments have been horrible for the past month and it has been bad for a long time. Some taking ~10 days for delivery, others taking 6+ weeks for delivery. We have actually halted all 1st class mail shipments to Canada unless by specific request because of such poor performance.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
You awesome people put me in the giving spirit anyway this season so I sent out a gift. Not really secret and not necessarily participating in the officially regulated AI:SS shenanigans, but I hope the recipient enjoys it nonetheless. So happy Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus, Boxing Day, or whatever to all you wonderful people.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I wish to self-exclude myself from the gift card thing for pictures, leaving it still open for anybody else.

The gift, modeled by our lovely Holiday Skeleton.

Elmnt80 sent me an LP of perhaps the least-subtly-titled album of all time, Transgender Dysphoria Blued by the band Against Me!. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a replacement cartridge for my Sony LX250H turntable (should be here in a few days), but thankfully YouTube always provides. Linked for a possibly NSFW album cover.

After listening to this album (which is great BTW), I was motivated to go through some of Against Me!'s discography, and came upon this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBiylGGvc8

The second verse (lyrics here) is probably the most blatant /r/egg_irl of anybody ever. It's amazing that this song came out in 2007, whereas the lead singer didn't until 2012 :v:

Thank you, Elmnt80!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Music always seemed to be a bit odd/risky of a gift to give to someone in my opinion (more so here since AI:SS gifts tend to be car themed), but I'm glad it worked out and you're enjoying it. :dance:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 2, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBiylGGvc8

The second verse (lyrics here) is probably the most blatant /r/egg_irl of anybody ever. It's amazing that this song came out in 2007, whereas the lead singer didn't until 2012 :v:

Thank you, Elmnt80!

I got hooked on Against Me! after seeing them live before a Foo Fighters show, I think in 07 or 08 so they were pretty much playing that album. I love that song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Queen Combat posted:

Elmnt80 sent me an LP of perhaps the least-subtly-titled album of all time, Transgender Dysphoria Blued by the band Against Me!. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a replacement cartridge for my Sony LX250H turntable (should be here in a few days), but thankfully YouTube always provides. Linked for a possibly NSFW album cover.

Against Me! is always a good bet for anyone who likes punk, but exceedingly appropriate in this case. :golfclap:

I'm still waiting for everything to arrive for my victim Santee, but I should be getting it sent out by the end of next week at the latest. The one item that already showed up was DOA. :sigh: (at least it's from Amazon, so they're shipping me another one immediately, just have to return the dead one by the 31st to avoid being charged again).