Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
My package :dong: got shipped out this afternoon. They said it should be there by Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Dear Santee - Package left at front door. Hope you are in town.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
Part 2 has arrived.

Thanks for the spicy gifts CovfefeCatCafe they will be enjoyed.

The chicken on the noodle package looks angry. Lunch tomorrow should be interesting.

Also Some lovely hand drawn artwork that is now on my fridge.

Interestingly enough C-GOON is actually a registered aircraft. It appears to be a neat looking tailless glider.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

A BOX! FROM CALIFOURNIER!

cuttin a bitch

Stickers, all manner of 3d printed wickedness, beer cozy, the :black101:est wrench I've ever seen and a letter!

This thing is a serious hunk of iron. Hammer, prybar, spanner and if you run the screw all the way out and flip the jaw, it's a pipe wrench!

So skookum. Can't wait to put it to work.

A nifty 3d printed bearing prototype, with a herringbone internal gear. The rolling elements themselves are also printed.

A printed model of a Fairbanks-Morse hit-and-miss engine!

This thing seriously owns. There's a motor inside, but the note said the gears didn't quite turn out. I think I've got a pile of nylon gears somewhere in the R/C stuff I can adapt, but even as a stationary model it's fuckin' sweet.

And a Dickbutt!

Thanks cursedshitbox! You rock dude!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Screwdriver light, awesome Hot Wheels, and vintage SA swag:

:lol: back in the States, note that was on the LeMons car at one time, and was on at least one street-driven Daihatsu for a while.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

helno posted:

The chicken on the noodle package looks angry. Lunch tomorrow should be interesting.

If that's remotely similar to what I think it is...

Yes. Lunch will be very interesting.

..... don't touch your eyes or crotch with your hands without washing your hands a dozen or twenty times after eating it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Santee, I owe you an apology. I'm just getting your things shipped out today because I got stuck out of the country later than I wanted to be. There's a couple of things headed your way from Amazon, and there'll also be a couple of other things I bought you in Finland.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Got a box from Austin today!

Jokes on you buddy, I love comic sans for its infuriating properties XD

Definitely stoked about the plate. I have a stack of them I mean to hang up in the shop someday when I remember to buy a box of tiny nails. I didn't have a Texas one yet. Even better that it was on the 88 Accord. I'll probably eat all of those pretzels today. I get the munchies right before I fall asleep every day and no idea why. I quit smoking years ago.

A ton of stickers. Not sure what I'll bomb, either the tailgate on the truck or my working on cars laptop.

This is probably my favorite of all the stuff. I actually don't have any 67-72 specific shirts and this ones even cooler since 67 and 68 are the best looking ones, though I may be biased.

I'm also a huge fan of stickers and these are some good ones. The Austin ones I'll keep in the stash. I wouldn't want to put them on anything temporary like a vehicle or laptop. I may have to start on the sides of my roll away or save them for a future lift. One of the Scirocco ones will go on it.

Some habanero hot sauce which I'll put on everything that isn't sweet and possibly some stuff that is. Choice Matchbox AMX and Tim keychain. I used to have the same one but from the Science Center near me but lost it long ago. They are sturdy, can go through the wash more than once and still work. I'll probably eat the Texas candy nuts at tomorrow night pre-sleep munchies time, haha.

Thanks STR! Everything is great and I especially love the plate, shirt and stickers. Maybe I'll finally remember to buy tiny nails next time I'm out, haha.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

shy boy from chess club posted:

This is probably my favorite of all the stuff. I actually don't have any 67-72 specific shirts and this ones even cooler since 67 and 68 are the best looking ones, though I may be biased.

Nah, you're not biased, those are the best two years and I say that as a '70 owner. I get to feel mildly superior about having a wider rear end with leaf springs

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks STR! Everything is great and I especially love the plate, shirt and stickers. Maybe I'll finally remember to buy tiny nails next time I'm out, haha.

Did the flashlight make it? :ohdear:

Also, yay, glad the package made it so quick! It showed up a day earlier than it was supposed to.

edit: oh goddamnit, the flashlight is sitting on my desk. :doh: I'll send it out asap (it's a 400 lumen LED light of decent quality, and small); that and the skunk + VW stickers were the major parts of the gift. :sigh:

Those Mickeys stickers were just something I saw at Dollar Tree and figured I'd throw in. :v: Let me know how the hot sauce is; I haven't tried it, but it sounded pretty good. Wasn't sure if you drank or not, but that's my favorite regional beer if you do.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 21, 2018

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
You've got mail!

Hmm...

I sure hope this isn't a glitter bomb.

OH! Piece of candy!

Avalanche of candy! That is definitely the best packing material.

Even took the time to wrap things.

That's quite the haul! The print is super cool. I always love getting vinyl, and I know it's a 7" because of the rockin' tape measure that I've already turned into the perfect fridge magnet. The screwdriver and bottle opener have already found a home in my truck's toolbox, the stickers I'm not sure where to stick but I'll find a place.

And thank Christ for the triscuits! I'm gonna need some ~reduced fat~ fiber to offset all that packing material I'm about to shove into my face.

Thanks Magnus Praeda!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You've got mail!

Hmm...

I sure hope this isn't a glitter bomb.

OH! Piece of candy!

Avalanche of candy! That is definitely the best packing material.

Even took the time to wrap things.

That's quite the haul! The print is super cool. I always love getting vinyl, and I know it's a 7" because of the rockin' tape measure that I've already turned into the perfect fridge magnet. The screwdriver and bottle opener have already found a home in my truck's toolbox, the stickers I'm not sure where to stick but I'll find a place.

And thank Christ for the triscuits! I'm gonna need some ~reduced fat~ fiber to offset all that packing material I'm about to shove into my face.

Thanks Magnus Praeda!

There's not actually Triscuits in the Triscuit box. :ssh: it's to keep the contents from being crushed

Glad you liked it!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Magnus Praeda posted:

There's not actually Triscuits in the Triscuit box. :ssh: it's to keep the contents from being crushed

Glad you liked it!

Is the christmas 8 track tape supposed to be for me as well? It's addressed to Hell from Satan.

OH poo poo A DELORIAN

https://i.imgur.com/e0OaYH9.jpg

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Is the christmas 8 track tape supposed to be for me as well? It's addressed to Hell from Satan.

OH poo poo A DELORIAN

https://i.imgur.com/e0OaYH9.jpg

Hah, yeah, the 8-track is for you too. Just poking a bit of fun at a dead format.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Ok, Santee. Package is finally sent! UPS should have it to you on Christmas Eve, but if it's boxing day you have my sincerest apologies.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

STR posted:

Narrator: "It was"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Magnus Praeda posted:

Hah, yeah, the 8-track is for you too. Just poking a bit of fun at a dead format.

Whew. I thought Satan was gonna come looking for his mixtape.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

STR posted:

If that's remotely similar to what I think it is...

..... don't touch your eyes or crotch with your hands without washing your hands a dozen or twenty times after eating it.

It's supposed to be the most spicy noodles in Korea (that are sold in Taiwan). Not sure how they compare to the Japanese brand with the Devilman chicken advert.

The wasabi peanuts and wasabi peas are fairly tame, but will still tickle your sinuses a little.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

Yeah that pack of noodles despite not smelling all that spicy was probably the hottest thing I have every eaten.

But it sneaks up on you. Perhaps this is because I have a poor sense of smell but it just slowly built up over time until my lips were burning.

Unfortunately I have been growing a beard and had not recently trimmed my moustache so the flavour savour was in full effect.

Yeah so it seems that Korea has a very different scale when determining the hotness of something.

My coworkers really enjoyed the show in the lunch room. The fact that the flavour packet looks like you dumped a bag of oily blood into the noodles adds to the effect.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pro-tip. Don't dice up jalapenos then later have 'intimate relations' with the wife.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Santeeeee, looks like my parcel is going to arrive after Christmas. I hope the stuff inside makes up for it.

I don't remember ordering a blower motor...

Oh yeahhhhhhh

Curious kitties

Oh man, is this a fossilized tooth?

REPUs are so great

Stickers!

Not sure what's in here

I promptly hid all of these in the kitchen cupboards for my GF

This one confused me so much, it was so dense. I could always use another expensive hobby

Tucked it into my collection. Thanks again IOwnCalculus!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

A package from Canada arrived hurrah! - 3 days before Christmas so no need to apologise for tardiness :)

That's a huge haul which had boxes within boxes within boxes!

Contents:
Festive glow sticks
2 SECURT ties
Packing peanuts (all consumed)
2 clamps (allegedly not for nipples)
A badass little adjustable spanner (I had not heard of Hand Tool Rescue before but have opened the related video in another tab)
An old cigar box with a topical name
16 gig usb drive
Keyring
A magnet celebrating recent victories over your side
Various sweets (The coffee crisp was devoured immediately)
A long bag of Ketchup crisps
Idea Supply stuff to keep my head warm and aware of the date
A potential biohazard in rag form which "may or may not contain 14 inches body fluids"
A mysterious part from a 2007 Nissan Versa. I don't know what it is but I'd guess at some sort of temperature sensor?

What's the trick to unlocking the SECURT ties? My arm is attached to the radiator pretty well and the heating just clicked on....

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Hooray! Glad it got there so soon! I'd actually checked the tracking a little earlier today and was bummed because the latest update was that the box was in Mississauga a few days ago with at least another month on the ETA.

Also, the ties don't unlock, they must be cut, I hope you've got a pair of bolt cutters or an angle grinder handy! :v:

E: I'll give you a hint on the mysterious part: It does not go under the hood.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 22, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Only the finest cheap blower motors for my Heep! Glad it made it safely.

The fossilized tooth is a mosasaur tooth, originally found in Morocco. The RePu was an instant purchase as soon as I saw it.

My wife and kid had a much better eye than I do for the dinosaur toys / stickers :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The post office has notified me that I have a package via a slip in my PO box.

... I got there at 1:45. The pickup window closes at 1:30 on Saturdays. :sigh: I'll have to try and pick it up Monday during their limited hours.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

IOwnCalculus posted:

Only the finest cheap blower motors for my Heep! Glad it made it safely.

The fossilized tooth is a mosasaur tooth, originally found in Morocco. The RePu was an instant purchase as soon as I saw it.

My wife and kid had a much better eye than I do for the dinosaur toys / stickers :)

Oh man, a Mosasaur tooth! And yes, they chose some fine stickers.

I forgot to upload this photo: more stickers, a Rockauto magnet and :radcat: POGs

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
WHOA!

I'm in my happy place.

This is really good.

Something to do when I am in Big Bend

MMMMM Coffee.

Wow, thank you SO MUCH Secret Santa!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

sharkytm posted:

So I got an alert from UPS that a package was headed my way from Canada... I don't remember ordering anything from America's hat.

A tube is delivered. Contents:

Well Mercy me, a King Dick
Contents:

Just what I always wanted, Rockwell Automation training lined paper and a bubble bag.
Just kidding.

A big, very awesome poster of racetracks from around the world, a Canadian Air Force decal, three cable clips, and two wrapped packages.
Package #1:

Two packs of hot chocolate, yay bacon, and Maple syrup. Unbroken, even.
Package #2:

King Dick!
Note:

Bajaha, thanks a ton man, the poster is awesome, the syrup will be consumed on waffles, not pancakes (come at me bro), and the hot chocolate will be consumed at the first snow here in the Cape. The wrench will be passed along dutifully next year.

Glad to hear you like it! The decal is actually for the Winnipeg Jets Hockey team, but they pretty much ripped off the RCAF logo so clooooose enough. There should have been 6 of the cable clips, but they were loosely packed so if it was inspected by customs I can see them having fallen out.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Oh man, a Mosasaur tooth! And yes, they chose some fine stickers.

I forgot to upload this photo: more stickers, a Rockauto magnet and :radcat: POGs

A couple of those stickers are extras from prior AISS Santas. I was slightly worried that with them not being posted, that the mounties had seized them :v:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

CornHolio posted:

An excellent haul, thanks Voltage!

That was me but I also sent you a box full of stuff that got delivered on the 13th, last Thursday. I hope you got it and just haven't been able to post yet cause if someone stole it I'll be sad

Glad you liked it CornHolio!

And a huge thanks to the shy boy from chess club, what a seriously awesome cornucopia of automotive delights!

Always can use cable ties and the 10mm was insanely clutch since my monitor wall mount was super loose and all my tools are 2 hours away at my garage, and I just so happened to need a 10mm to fix it right at the moment I got the package.
I'll add the valve and camshaft to my shrine of other misc broken engine parts, and see if I can rig up the boost gauge to my garage fridge or something.

My wife loved that I got even more hotwheels to add to my collection :lol: , but these are some legit really cool ones, I almost bought that Lotus the other day

Always could use more stickers for my toolbox!

:roflolmao: at this shirt, which actually fit great.

The dog loves his new skunk!

Thanks again!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Santee your package was delivered on Friday did you get it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
According to USPS my Santee has told them to hold the package. So there's a package being held for you.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

A package was retrieved from the post office in record time for this time of year! (Then I durdled for a day before writing this post...)

No pictures of the box/packaging as I opened it at work to make it easier to get home on the moto.

Roughly top to bottom:
A photo book with blurb on ~40 luxury cars.
Mini bottles of whisky (Glen fiddy and Balvenie).
A massive stack of coasters advertising Kavalan whisky.
A note explaining the contents with a bonus poem :D.
A movie/music combo about/of the eighties music scene in Manchester.
Season 4 of Black Adder.
A precision screwdriver set.
An 8mm ratcheting Wera spanner!

Thanks heaps Slothrop :D. In response to your note bicycle stuff is weird, most bolts are internal hex or torx and the stuff that isn't tends to be speciality tools. Tools are always useful though, the screwdrivers will fill out my indoors toolkit. The moto/car use plenty of 8mm driven bolts in stupidly narrow spaces so something with a fine ratchet and that fancy double engagement open end will definitely be useful. I definitely wouldn't want to return anything, I hear bunnings is a pretty dangerous place these days :v:. Also I think I broke the case that the screwdrivers came in by launching off speed humps on the way home, thankfully the booze survived... Your op shop haul is great as well. I've had a squiz through the book already and I'll be working through the movies over the break. I do like older UK comedies, I just haven't watched much Black Adder yet so it's about time I rectified that mistake.

Hope you enjoy Blackadder, the fourth series is my favorite. I think Rowan Atkinson is pretty AI too, IIRC he has a daily driven McLaren F1 with like 40k miles on it.

As promised here is my awesome pint glass and coaster from Freelop. Thanks again!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I have to say a big thank you to to forums user Extreme-Accordion!

Some genuine Wisconsin goodness!

You must have known I was going low-carb! Thanks so much for the cheeses! And the cars, and especially the SR71 model! I'm excited to put it together.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 25, 2018

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
My package shows that it was delivered on the 23rd. I'm glad it got there before Christmas, I was a little concerned!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

CornHolio posted:

My package shows that it was delivered on the 23rd. I'm glad it got there before Christmas, I was a little concerned!

It was on my doorstep at 10am on December 24th! Absolutely perfect timing!

CornHolio, you're amazing!

What have we here?

May you forever ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

The plush rotor (Dr. Felix Rotorstein) will be living in the RX-8 from now on.
The coasters have already been broken in.
Those stubby drivers will supplement the existing driver set nicely and should come in handy when I swap out the RX-8 head unit for the JDM minidisc player.
The security bit set is fantastic, I haven't even seen some of those ends before.
You can never have enough Gorilla tape, that will be living in the rotary support vehicles glove box.
That book has been on my Amazon wishlist forever, thank you!
The copy of GT6 will be put to use with DoritoPower as soon as possible and I'm thinking would make an excellent AI:SS mascot gift. It'll be autographed and passed along for 2019 if that's acceptable?]

Your kids drawing is up on the fridge!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your family Cornholio!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Adiabatic posted:

Santee your package was delivered on Friday did you get it?

You sent me bugs!

But with the bugs were awesome stickers, a movie ticket, and the tank logo from a Honda VTX1300!

One of the stickers comes with a piece of 45-70 brass.

There were awesome cufflinks and the coolest socks ever weaved, for us suit types!

As well as a skill building set!

Picture of the AMG brake disc in the red box didn't come out, but it's really good wall art.

Adiabatic, this Christmas rules!

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 26, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Goddamn.

This reminds me that I should play around with the lockpick set I got a couple AISSs ago.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

McTinkerson posted:

The copy of GT6 will be put to use with DoritoPower as soon as possible and I'm thinking would make an excellent AI:SS mascot gift. It'll be autographed and passed along for 2019 if that's acceptable?]

Nice, do with it what you wish. It was a gift to me but I already have it so I passed it along, wish I'd autographed it now! :v:

Glad you liked the stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Voltage posted:

And a huge thanks to the shy boy from chess club, what a seriously awesome cornucopia of automotive delights!

Always can use cable ties and the 10mm was insanely clutch since my monitor wall mount was super loose and all my tools are 2 hours away at my garage, and I just so happened to need a 10mm to fix it right at the moment I got the package.
I'll add the valve and camshaft to my shrine of other misc broken engine parts, and see if I can rig up the boost gauge to my garage fridge or something.

My wife loved that I got even more hotwheels to add to my collection :lol: , but these are some legit really cool ones, I almost bought that Lotus the other day

Always could use more stickers for my toolbox!

:roflolmao: at this shirt, which actually fit great.

The dog loves his new skunk!

Thanks again!

Oh man I'm so glad you got it! I was worried it got stolen and that would have sucked. The Rotary Pickup was so, so hard to give away. I was really torn and if it got stolen and neither of us got it id be super sad. Glad you liked everything! I forgot some of the stuff I put in there, I just went into my shop and stuck anything that seemed cool into the box.

I'm really happy the shirt fit. I've been trying to find it a good home for like 4 years. I actually got it in a thrift shop in the Seattle area when I was out there so it has some serious miles on it by now.