Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Back in for another year.

I still drive a boring Corolla called Beryl. My shirt size is M although I probably don't need any more t-shirts (I did wear my Rally Bad Boyz one from last year the other day!)

Fun tools are always welcome, any booze too.

Oddly specific/super unrealistic request: intact A pillar trims for a 1998 e36 sedan in beige/brown whatever that interior colour is, well, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dearest Santee

I have dispatched your package to travel untold thousands of miles, via every conveyance known to man. It shall suffer many hardships during this long voyage. No doubt the usual poking and prodding of the postal service. Dropped it will be, and kicked too. But it must also brave drought, fire, flood and other extreme scenarios. I pray that after it’s long voyage it reaches you mostly intact and unbroken.

Yours eternally in V8,
slothrop

Australia Post says Wednesday next week but fuckin’ lol could be any time between now and never

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
woohoo! a package from Jolly Olde Englande!

Instructions!

Check out this bitchin' wrapping paper!

I'll get a pic of the pint glass and coaster in action later tonight

This is going to make Beryl SO much faster

Always handy to keep around

Exotic sweets! Smells delicious

No sign of the toads, the box was ripped so I guess they got out! Oh well :getin:

Many thanks Freelop, really made my day!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

A package was retrieved from the post office in record time for this time of year! (Then I durdled for a day before writing this post...)

No pictures of the box/packaging as I opened it at work to make it easier to get home on the moto.

Roughly top to bottom:
A photo book with blurb on ~40 luxury cars.
Mini bottles of whisky (Glen fiddy and Balvenie).
A massive stack of coasters advertising Kavalan whisky.
A note explaining the contents with a bonus poem :D.
A movie/music combo about/of the eighties music scene in Manchester.
Season 4 of Black Adder.
A precision screwdriver set.
An 8mm ratcheting Wera spanner!

Thanks heaps Slothrop :D. In response to your note bicycle stuff is weird, most bolts are internal hex or torx and the stuff that isn't tends to be speciality tools. Tools are always useful though, the screwdrivers will fill out my indoors toolkit. The moto/car use plenty of 8mm driven bolts in stupidly narrow spaces so something with a fine ratchet and that fancy double engagement open end will definitely be useful. I definitely wouldn't want to return anything, I hear bunnings is a pretty dangerous place these days :v:. Also I think I broke the case that the screwdrivers came in by launching off speed humps on the way home, thankfully the booze survived... Your op shop haul is great as well. I've had a squiz through the book already and I'll be working through the movies over the break. I do like older UK comedies, I just haven't watched much Black Adder yet so it's about time I rectified that mistake.

Hope you enjoy Blackadder, the fourth series is my favorite. I think Rowan Atkinson is pretty AI too, IIRC he has a daily driven McLaren F1 with like 40k miles on it.

As promised here is my awesome pint glass and coaster from Freelop. Thanks again!