Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I continue my longstanding membership of the SS.

Wait... :hitler:

Usual from me, I like most aspects of car stuff, so just send me anything cool, particularly stuff that represents car culture in your locale (unless it sucks).

No shirts please, or anything that will cause customs or the postal service to have a sense of humour failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Once again, iForge has assigned me to be his Santa - the idea, as per last year, is that I'll swap with someone, so he still gets to have an actually-secret Santa.

Can someone who wants/is happy with mainland US Santee send me a PM so we can swap? Doesn't matter where your assigned Santee is, as I'm fine with international shipping.

I'll post here once the switcheroo is done.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

InitialDave posted:

I'll post here once the switcheroo is done.
The keys of Santa-ing have been pulled from the goldfish bowl of fate, may God have mercy on our Santees.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I am most of the way there with a package, but I'm trying to avoid sending it until the person I swapped with has got theirs to iForge, otherwise he'll know who they are based on who I'm sending stuff to.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iForge posted:

You don't owe me shipping confirmation due to the circumstances if that makes you feel better about sending it, your call.
Ok, cool, it went out this morning, anyway, so I have the shipping tracker for who I swapped with, and they have mine.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I was able to retrieve my parcel from the post office today, but have had no time to do anything further, and it's possible I may not until Saturday. I will post once opened!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Got some time today to open my package!

What I initially received didn't give me any clues as to contents - well, it would have done, but I removed the address label/slip for photos without actually looking at it, turned out when I was tidying up the customs declaration would've given the game away, so I made a lucky decision there!

Customs declaration? Yup, look closely, this is :australia: packaging:

And what's inside, but something from one of Australia's best exports:

(Bonus Rodney the 2Sexy conrod sticker)

This is a really nice book, it's a rundown of the history of MCM's cars, but they've put some effort into it with some proper quality paper and printing:

HANDS UP & PANTS DOWN!

Thanks Santa, this was a fantastic choice!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Glad you like it! Couple of notes:
- The license plate frame was given to me by Commie years ago, but I've never got myself anything I can run a US-size plate on (we have specific rules on this), so I figured someone who does should benefit
- The "don't know what it is" are bar snacks from the Sapporo brewery in Hokkaido. Try having them with a craft lager.
- The red tube is a 100% genuine Jay-Dee-Emm road flare... case. I wasn't brave enough to get myself added to a no-fly list by trying to get the actual flare out of Japan.
- Dogge is an Andrex puppy, stalwart spokescanine for every Brit's favourite bog roll.
- UpGarage magazines are just freebie things they have in store, I think some of them have adverts for their in-house J-Pop/grid girls group as well. Lol Japan etc.
- The big magnets are the required Japanese signage for "I am a young/new driver who can't drive worth a poo poo" and "I am an old bastard who can't drive worth a poo poo". Fun fact, the former remains in "spring leaf" guise, but the latter is now more an "all season passed" theme, because the previous "autumn leaf" design came with unfortunate connotations of "about to drop".

KillHour posted:

InitialDave goin to jail for illegally importing kinder surprises.
It's always at the back of my mind...

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I always get some in Japan, and you both coincided with a trip happening a few months previously.

And yes, I do have a few hanging about!