Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have emailed my registration for my third AI:SS

For those hesitant and watching from the sidelines - don't! Join in, it is a lot of fun giving gifts to strangers on the internet!

Should shirt size matter: slim fit large
Vehicles:
BMW M3 (I am basic as hell)
Mazda6 beater
Ford Flex familymobile

I am a huge radio controlled car nerd as it is my hobby and job. I like small sized specialty tools, detailing stuff, BMW motorsports stuff (again, I am basic af), any local random foodstuff is fun to get. I am really good for whatever, just no booze/drugs/coffee as they won't be consumed. I have little kids around too so nothing directly :dong: related but if there is a euphemism then more power to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, according to Canada Post, due to CUPW deciding to go on strike during the leadup to the holidays, it may be as long as March before international packages get delivered. Anyone who isn't in Canada, but has a Canadian santee should be aware of this.

As someone that does a fair amount of shipping to Canada from my work can Canada Goons weigh in on what their preference is? Like FedEx Express (air) seems the right way to go but I think FedEx tacks on a small handling fee. I hear it can range from like $5-10. There shouldn't be any duties/customs because it is marked as a gift and the value would be low.

I can confirm that standard 1st class shipments have been horrible for the past month and it has been bad for a long time. Some taking ~10 days for delivery, others taking 6+ weeks for delivery. We have actually halted all 1st class mail shipments to Canada unless by specific request because of such poor performance.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I will not make the soft shipping deadline, but have a plan to make sure the Santee gets the package well before Christmas!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I have most of the pieces, the other should show up tomorrow or Wednesday. My Santee should have his present by this weekend.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

slothrop posted:

Many thanks Freelop, really made my day!

Freelop is cool as hell and was my AI:SS last year. Dude goes all out!

I have completed and shipped my Santee's gift. Merry Christmas friend!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

And finally, thanks for the :10bux: This is one of the crispest notes I've seen in a long time, and I suppose I will have to get a new avatar since FedEx didn't charge me anything for the delivery.

I’m so glad you got your gift! I was worried about Canada Post making it on time even with priority shipping and we use FedEx at my work all the time and it’s delivered in one business day which is pretty great. I couldn’t get any answers on if there is a ‘handling’ fee or not, some places said like $15? Other places said none so I went the safe route of reimbursement if applicable, and if not needed you can get rid of that awful red text and/or avatar and/or beer?

The drivers are actually impact type! I figured that would be good for old Japanese steel needing persuasion. Americans love beating on Japanese steel with hammers.

There was something magical(!!!???) in my mailbox on my arrival home from work. I have not yet opened it but will shortly and report. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

BEHOLD! A wild package appears for Steve
ALL BMW ALL THE TIME

Showing that I am indeed living up to my reputation (MAXIMUM AMOUNTS OF BMW) I see that this journey is like the final saga of the Twilight movies and will come in two parts!

I needed something to split the seam of the cello tape. I found the most appropriate tool close at hand. The key of :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND M3:siren: key.

The Bounty

A cornucopia of hand tools awaited me. Either I have posted more than I remember or this Santa of AI has personally rummaged through my tool set to know what I actually need. A Wera blade screw driver, a nice set of small jewelers type drivers including some very small TORX sized drivers that I actually need for my 1/5 car, and quality set of Vise Grips. These are all things that I lacked before this gift so quality stuff!

A BMW emblem which I am sure was procured through no nefarious acts and a Turbo emblem that will have a magnet mounted to it and become art for my cabinet set. Thank you Santa! This is my third AI:SS and it was indeed a good one!