Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm in! Slung is going to help out as well.

Cars that I drive:
  • 2005 Saab 9-2X Linear
  • 1988 Lincoln Town Car
  • Project: 1966 Coronet (don't think it needs anything but time)
  • Project: 1982 Supra (needs basically everything, is a mouse hotel)

Things that I like:
  • Really old computers, especially weird niche or foreign ones
  • Random small useful electronics, or broken ones
  • Books
  • Tools

I have two jerk cats who hate our freedoms.

No shirts, I probably have enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I found something that would be totally awesome for my Santee and just came out, so I ordered it on impulse.

I'm still going to put together a personal gift and send it separately, but this was just too cool to wait.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Just waiting on one more thing before I can send my second package out. It should still get there in time.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
So the 'big' gift hasn't shipped as fast as I expected, because apparently they ran out. :sigh: They made a whole bunch more, so now they are still assuring me that it will get there by Christmas - I'll send iForge a shipping number on that one when I get it.

Should ship out the rest of the gift by tomorrow at the latest. Have to pick it up from across town.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
helno you are loving great!

They got me:
  • A bunch of cool British car models (MG TC, some Jag, a Morris)
  • Some plane models (I don't know anything about planes, but I am willing to learn)
  • A super cool front panel with twiddly and clicky knobs and cool switches!!!
  • Plastic trim popper tools, can never have too many of these
  • A Saab book
  • An old computer book
  • A whole wad of supposedly old Mac floppies (have to see what's on these)
  • Bosch relays
  • A couple of those old-school overclock-happy Celerons (now I have to relive my youth)
  • VW bus steering worm gear and used 14 INCH DICK rag :confused:
  • A bunch of loose EPROMs (always useful) and some failed/aborted electronics projects
  • Smoked mussels, candies
  • Nut driver bits for a power drill
  • A super-cool analogue vacuum gauge so I can see how much I suck

I'll take some pictures later, because my phone is freaking out about being full and no amount of deleting things is convincing it otherwise.

Thanks helno! This is so much stuff.

Santee: I shipped the second part of your stuff! If all goes well it should arrive there sometime next week, but the guy at the post office desk told me it might be delayed ~2 days from the strike backlog. I hope it gets there in time :(

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 13, 2018

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That stuffed nitrous bottle and the whateverthefuckencabulator are awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
My second package is now on the way! It had to get drop shipped from China. :catstare:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
According to USPS my Santee has told them to hold the package. So there's a package being held for you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I am glad it actually arrived! Slung did a great job on that accordion dude and finding the zamboni ornament.

The second gift is... somewhere in China, maybe. Tracking hasn't updated in a dog's age, so it's most likely knife-fighting some other packages in an underground boxing ring.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

I'm amazed my little sculpture survived, seat must have packed it well.

I really didn't. The zamboni got three passes with the ol' JDM bubble wrap but the figure just got wrapped in shop towels and chucked into the main bubble wrap snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

extreme_accordion posted:

Seat Safety Switch: Part 2 finally arrived this past week! I can't find the photo on my phone because I lose at internets today.
Super cool mini synth / noise maker thing that my wife says I'll have to weld together with my little welder.
I bought my Hakko soldering iron so long ago - its still in the box. It FINALLY will see some action.

Thanks again and on to the new year!

Thanks iForge! Put me down for AI:SS 2019.

I am glad you like it! It would probably be a good father-daughter project as well.

For everyone else, it is one of these things: https://cornfieldelectronics.com/cfe/products/buy.php?productId=synth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X522JXRuRgM

The guy who built it ran out just after I made my order so it was delayed like... three weeks, then it had to get slow-boated from China despite the supplier's statement that it would get there by Christmas. :v: