Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Like a bolt out the blue this is wonderful news. While season 3 had it's moments, Deadwood as a series deserved a better send off and I'm floored that 13 years later they're actually doing it.

I'm particularly interested to see what they're doing with Doc Cochran's character, given his tuberculosis has had 10 years to progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
If the film doesn't so much as even wink at the titty-corner, I'm storming out the the cocksucking theatre and demanding my cocksucking money back.

Filthy cocksuckers.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 14, 2018

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Finally, a payoff to the hours upon hours of antler-prayer.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Flight Bisque posted:

I finished my rewatch last night, and I'm still unclear as to what the hell the point of the entire theater troupe storyline was, besides to allow Brian Cox to chew the hell out of the scenery. (I concede this is an acceptable reason, but still!)

Stubb's hooker house had the same feel. We see a group of people enter camp, we see their slice of life playout on screen, but their affect on the overall story seems minimal.

To me, Langrishe's purpose was to be the ultimate crux that convinces Hearst to leave the camp. Hearst had tried, with some guile, to control Garret's holdings and the camp to expand his mining empire. He is somewhat successful, but encounters Bullock and Swearingen who serve to foil his attempts at absolute power. At the eve of having the camp obliterated by soldiers, Langrishe appeals to Hearst's delusion that the earth speaks to him, getting him to admit that "its not his purpose to strike down his fellow man" and promptly leaves camp to pursue another fortune.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cinnamon status: Authorized

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Steve the Drunk's self-fueled vitriolic spirals of just pure white hatred is something that the movie will sadly be absent of.

Other than that, my body is ready.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Meanwhile, no one gives a gently caress about Carnivale :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I can tolerate a Trump presidency.

I can forgive season 8 of Game of Thrones.

So long as I get my Deadwood movie.