Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The one thing that still bothers me about the last season is everyone apart from Johnny seeming to be fairly cool with a random blonde whore being sacrificed to Hearst so that Trixie doesn't have to be.

edit: mainly Bullock, I suppose. Most of the other characters are morally gray and practical enough to do it.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I can't remember the exact episode, but my favorite is Brian Cox delivering an unbelievably dignified "gently caress you, sir!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Even though he was only in the first episode, I'd love it if they pull a Wolcott for Timothy Odmundson and bring him back as a different character.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Deadwood was the first thing I remember seeing him in, and now his English accent always sounds fake to me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

The guy played by Nick Offerman I think was just doing road agent stuff on his own without Al knowing. That's why Al had them all killed, and then offered money for an Indian head to calm everyone down. Also, I didn't realize until later that when bullock was attacked by that native and killed him. The pyre they put him on was the one for the native whose head was brought into camp.

Oh God, now I remember Nick Offerman clutching his penis.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Offerman played a road agent whose brother got killed, and Al tries to placate him with pussy. At some point he shows up in Al's doorway gleefully holding his pecker. Here, I'll pull up my screengrabs...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
One of my favorite Deadwood is Bullock trying to enthuse people for their goods.

"We got boots, to sell ya..."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is this what it was all for, what all the pain and tears and misery of this reality have bought us?

Cool

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Steve was such a reprehensible treasure. Spewing the vilest poo poo, but worded as beautifully as everything else in the show, delivered by an actor giving his all.

If you look up Deadwood clips on youtube, don't scroll down on clips with Steve, btw. Lots of unironic "Steve is essentially right."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I watched the Star Trek TNG episode where they defrost a bunch of 21st century cryohumans and wondered why the country singer sounded do familiar, until I realized it's Tom Noddal.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Meanwhile, no one gives a gently caress about Carnivale :saddowns:

I don't really mind that Carnivale stopped where it did. I felt like the second season really dropped in quality towards the end.

Plus I don't see Nick Stahl returning, what with his mental/drug problems.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I always thought it was weird that Ellsworth tells Swearengen "that limey accent of yours" in episode 1, because he sounds 100% American to me.

But as I type this I think someone explained to me that Swearengen's slightly more contemporary accent is what the Brits used to sound like? And maybe I've posted this before, sorry.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
AW -- gently caress YOU, AL

When I started watching Deadwood, I expected Doc to be kind of a ghoulish, sadistic quack in Swearengen's pocket, just because Dourif played so many evil and psychotic characters. I'm a hooplehead.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Awww, he's just inquisitive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Astroman posted:

Or to the 24th century where he became the shady starbase proprietor Groppler Zorn.

Goodness, captain. Such malfeasant accusations, to infer a Groppler's culpability in the torturous enslavement of a... invertebrate divinity. I stand besmirched and slandered. *mops sweaty brow*