Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The biggest missed opportunity was not having Ian McShane do a season of Justified as the main villain of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

LividLiquid posted:

It is absolutely shocking to me how none of these people became huge deals after this show.

So I'll take comfort in the fact that they're all very well respected.

Ian McShane had a late career renaissance as a result of Deadwood, he's been a regular in the John Wick films and done a whole lot of tv work, some of it even rather high-profile. He probably had the most success out of Deadwood.

Timothy Olyphant has had a fun career, doing extremely bad movies but his tv work is generally great. It's worth noting that Olyphant doesn't really have anything resembling range: he can do some things very well but I wouldn't put him in a straight drama in any other role than what he did in Deadwood.