Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, who was he in Justified?

I haven't seen past season 4 yet, so if he's not in the first 4, nevermind, I'll find out.

He's in three and four. He plays a member of law enforcement whose character develops into a fairly significant foil for Raylan by the end of his run. If you've seen season 4, you'd remember him.

Escobarbarian posted:

He co-wrote one episode.

I really, really liked John From Cincinnati. Underrated imo

John From Cincinnati's great. Great dialogue, and the stuff with John is genuinely clever, and could be hysterically funny too. But it was an approach that was probably more alienating than even Deadwood or The Wire could be. You've not just got to accept a complex web of character interaction sans handholding, you've got to accept a lot of magical world building explicitly rooted in Christian theology -- also delivered without the ease of explanation. There are moments when the show makes you work like an absolute dog to follow whatever the gently caress it's doing, but the few moments I felt like I really "got" it were pretty loving great. But I think it mostly went over my head.

I'll say this for it. The opera scene in the third episode is one of the most perfect pieces of comedy that ever made it to television, and it's worth the price of entry to the show alone.

Milch at that time was basically insanely noncommercial, and by the end of the season he was grabbing people off the street and offering them roles in the show, but it was a very fun ride. Can't help but feel it'd have really come into its own in the second season, particularly given that the intention was to take the show to Afghanistan.

The news that Milch is only co-writing a single episode of Pizzaman's new show pretty much dashes any remaining hopes I had for the thing. The only reason I was checking it out at all was because of Milch. Now I'll just have to see how much of a car crash it ends up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

withak posted:

Wasn't there an interview with an HBO exec who said something about Deadwood getting cancelled before they realized how much money there could be in DVD sales (and later streaming)? Or was that another series?

IIRC it was about a bunch of shows from that time -- Deadwood, Rome and Carnivale.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I saw Dillahunt turn up on a random Blindspot I was watching. It was basically to do a drugs PSA, where he was a soldier dying from drug complications whose role in the plot was to scare straight one of the leads. Terrible stuff, but Dillahunt got a special guest star credit anyway.