Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

Not Wu, WHO!

COCKSUCKA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

COCKSUCKA SAN FRANCISCO!

all right, there's an invisible cocksucker next to you and he's from San Francisco...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Astroman posted:

Just saw it on imdb.

Color me cuntstruck! :swoon:

So Bullock was not mid-thrust in other matters.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Corruption shall never breathe stinky on this thread!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

They should do a remake but make the dialogue 100% authentic so that the nastiest words used are "tarnation" or "dang" or "poop"

Milch said he actually filmed a pilot with period swearing, but when he showed it to a test audience they all laughed at some of the words they said back then. In order to keep the shock value of a lawless mining camp intact, he fuckin' decided to have these cocksuckers swear like fuckin' sailors.

(Also I'm midway through Season 2 of a re-watch. God, Francis Wolcott was just a great villain.)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

one of my favorite subtle scenes came in S2E1, when Bullock and The Widow Garret are "consulting" so much that plaster falls off the ceiling in the middle of Sofia's lesson, and Miss Isringhausen, visibly pissed, just brushes it off the table

(sidenote: between Martha "The Borg Queen" Bullock and Skylar White, Anna Gunn really has a knack for being cast as wives that fans don't really like)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

"Is there anything the mayor should know?"

"The name of another tailor."

E.B. Farnum, twice measured.

Sol Star, once cut.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Quote-Unquote posted:

Man, Cy absolutely brutalised those kids that tried to steal from him. While Al is brutal, callous and ruthless, Tolliver is straight up loving sadistic when he's furious. Swearengen at least has some sense of compassion from time to time.

The best part about that scene, if you have kids especially, was that the kids he killed are Beast Boy and Princess Anna.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ianfrisch/status/1066502294961823744?s=21

He left after S1 but still: gentlemen, watch the felt.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I didn't even know this existed and now must watch it.

he won an Emmy for it, too.

also any discussion of Eustace Bailey Farnum is not complete without mentioning this (watch Titus Welliver come this close to corpsing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zneXoHhj4A

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Those who dislike these pictures suck cock by choice.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

In real life, I believe the Gem had burned down between the show ending and the movie.

yeah, the occasional references to fire marshalls and fire safety in Season 3 were because much of Deadwood burned down in 1879

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Swedgin not knowing the day of the week is extra-poignant given David Milch's situation

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

of course E.B. Farnum (who is still mayor--Christ knows, he's earned it!) introduces that cocksucker Hearst

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Wu's got a kid who can translate for him!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

"Smile, Senator Hearst!"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm a little disappointed they didn't bring back Sofia's actual original actress.

apparently that's her one and only acting role, and she had no desire to return to playing Sofia. new-Sofia wasn't too bad, and looked good as an ingenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

fawning deference posted:

Walton Goggins in Vice Principals is a loving treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRhfzw6OW4

also there's a new Hill/DGG/McBride series coming soon, The Righteous Gemstones is what it's called. it has Goggins and Edi Patterson (Ms Abbott) in major roles.