Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bullock throws his hat on the ground and jumps up and down on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kaworu posted:

I don't think Deadwood gets nearly enough credit for the "minor stuff", by which I mean how incredibly amazing the show always looked, and just how important that was to everything that was going on.. By which I mean primarily aspects of the production such as the set design and the costumes and the makeup and so forth. You really, truly feel the sense of it as an actual, physical place the occupies real and actual space and never for a moment did I ever get "taken out of the moment" by anything especially anachronistic or distracting, and that immersion is so key to the performances, too. I can only imagine it's easier to get into character when you've got the production team, like... re-building half the town, practically, from what I understand. Which I'm sure is part of the reason why the Gem Saloon and the Hardware Store and the Bella Union and so on all feel so incredibly authentic...

Well, anyway. The acting and the writing always gets so much attention (and deservedly so) but I love how every time you watch a season of Deadwood it's like actually visiting the town, almost.

This is one thing that HBO shows are really really really really really good at.

e: Like GoT is all over the place on the whole but god drat the sets and costuming are fantastic. WW to a lesser extent.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 17, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

davidspackage posted:

Offerman played a road agent whose brother got killed, and Al tries to placate him with pussy. At some point he shows up in Al's doorway gleefully holding his pecker. Here, I'll pull up my screengrabs...

you forgot the links, friend

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I still rewatch Rome like once a year and even in 2019 it still looks incredible in HD

Just like Deadwood - everything about the production of that show was ahead of it's time

HBO shows look good. Even WW which definitely took a tumble the second season had great costumes and sets. GoT is really good in that regard too.