Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Rewatched this over the pandemic and agree with the threads sentiments. Shows the best. By season three just the visual of Hearst breaking a hole in the hotel wall so he can lord over the town same as Al does from across the street, perfect.

I watched it with some people who had never seen it before, and they loved it. Might have hyped the movie too much though, as when it was over they didn't feel it was as good a wrap up as I'd made it out to be. I still think it's a great nightcap on the show, Al's death is perfect, but ah well.

Also wow I did not realize you see all of Nick Offerman in the first couple episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Poor Leon :(

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

fawning deference posted:

But I mean, gently caress, if this ain't Shakespeare, I don't know what is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDs9xJJKmc.

This really is one of if not the best written shows out there. Made the mistake of re-watching the first season and a half while watching Succession's last season, and while Succession is a masterpiece.... it's shine just doesn't compare to how immaculately Deadwood moves between characters and scenes. It's just an incredible dance of motivations that works so fuckin' well.

Will have to pick up the Milch bio.