Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Transcripts for all episodes and the movie are available below for folks who really want to appreciate the language.

https://deadwoodchronicles.com/deadwood-transcript-collection/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

knew exactly what this was before i clicked on it. :3: I know James Gandolfini and Bryan Cranston won all the acting awards during this era for the "petulant complicated shithead male protagonist" shows, and of course they were great in their roles, but the combination of Deadwood's writing and McShane's acting really makes Al one for the ages.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Oh poo poo, I had no idea this was coming out --

https://www.tvguide.com/news/justified-city-primeval-release-date-cast-storyline-and-everything-to-know/

(Pasting here as it's the closest thing we have to an active justified thread)

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Bought that milch memoir on the recommendations ITT and it is just as awesome as previously mentioned. "There is something about literature--poetry and prose, but particularly poetry--which disinfects the effort of being."

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Finished Milch's memoir. I lost some interest when he went deep into horse-racing and Luck as I never got into either one (although even that part had some good insights on the psychology of gambling addiction). The last bit, though, where he's talking about writing the Deadwood movie as he's succumbing to Alzheimers, is really poignant. He was aware of the parallels between Al's mortality and his own and he uses a lot of lines he gave to Al and Seth ("hate to die a fool") to describe his thoughts about the end of himself. He calls the chance to do the movie a gift, a way to say the last things about life he wanted to say. I had that notion when I saw the movie, but seeing it detailed in the book really makes it that much more heart-breaking.

Anyway, great book and a pretty short read.