Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Farrier Theaks posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, wasnt Alice Krige (who also starred in Deadwood as Maddie in season 2) the Borg Queen?

No, you're right. I think they're just confused. She wasn't some horrific wife in Deadwood either, she married Bullock because it was generally required that a woman with a child have a husband and her brother-in-law was expected to take care of her after her husband died. Neither one was really happy with the whole situation. Didn't help Bullock kept loving the widow Garret either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

The fight between Dan and the captain was almost too much for me.

First time I watched it I was honestly concerned that they were going to kill Dan. Again, like Al, he's not really a good person but he was an amazing character and I didn't want to see him get killed in the street by some rear end in a top hat.

I read a review recently and they said that Hearst and Al both had to give the nod to kill when it was almost over, and Al just going for it instead of Hearst waiting is what kept Dan alive but I didn't see it. I always saw it as Al knew what was up when it started and sending Dan out was the nod to kill the other dude. He'd rather get Dan back and have to deal with any fallout than lose Dan. I haven't gotten to that episode on my rewatch yet though. It's a drat brutal fight and I'll need to psych myself up for it even knowing the ending.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

W. Earl Brown, who plays Dan, is definitely in and has talked about filming quite a lot on Twitter, including that Sean Bridger (Johnny) was filming too. Apparently Titus Welliver (Silas) was tied up filming Bosch and I doubt Brian Cox is coming back if he wasn't mentioned by now, but generally if the actor and character are both alive I think it's safer to assume that they'll be there than not. Perhaps even one person who the show has killed a couple of times already

He's not talking about it now though, apparently he was posting stuff he wasn't supposed to and HBO brought the fist of God down on him.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God it's looks so good.

Bullock's ".....no" is perfect.

Did anyone see Tom Nuddall? I loved that dude, and now I really need to finish my rewatch. I'm most of the way through season 3.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

tomapot posted:

I just finished S3 Ep5, which had the brutal Dan & the Captain fight and the Hostetler and Steve livery deal, and Bullock leading Hearst off to jail by the ear. What a masterpiece of an episode.

First time I watched that fight, drat I was worried for Dan. That was a loving hell of a fight.