Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jew! JEW!!!! No Jew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should do a remake but make the dialogue 100% authentic so that the nastiest words used are "tarnation" or "dang" or "poop"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They did a good job making the streets and slums look disgusting in Rome. Especially in the second season with the brothel set.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can get the entire series for $30 on iTunes right now. It's a good tarnation of a deal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought HBO offered him to do a mini series to finish it up but he declined and the show was cancelled.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

And then he came back to HBO to do a surfer/Jesus drama and then a horse racing gambling drama. Stuff that nobody wanted.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He played a badass in Justified. One of the better antagonists to Timothy Olyphant.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wynn Duffy owns. He's like a human cockroach.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm still waiting for the Terry Gilliam movie

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only problem with Glory is that the composer rips himself off and all his music sounds the same. The Braveheart score sounds identical.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I love seeing historical rich assholes on TV. Like JFK's dad in Boardwalk Empire who was pretty much a thug.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rome also bombed in England so the BBC pulled out of co-production duties. Blame the BBC.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All I remember about that show is how overwhelmingly white it is and how the female characters have nothing to do except gawk at the tv.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I still rewatch Rome like once a year and even in 2019 it still looks incredible in HD

Just like Deadwood - everything about the production of that show was ahead of it's time

The only complaint I have about Rome is that with the exception of Pullo's arena battle, the fight scenes suck rear end and are awkwardly shot. The worst is when Mark Antony and Octavian have a fist fight and it looks like two geriatric men pretending to pummel each other. The big battle in season 2 looks super cheap with obvious cut and and paste of the same 40 dudes over and over again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I loved Carnivale but I tried to rewatch it recently and the first season is unbelievably slow. I couldn't get past 4 episodes before I gave up. It's also one of those frustrating shows where I wish people would just loving talk instead of brooding in silence to artificially keep up the tension.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's going to be a billion shows like Ballers or Entourage

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://tvline.com/2019/04/23/david-milch-alzheimers-diagnosis-deadwood/

David Milch has alzheimer's. He said he started having symptoms five years ago but was officially diagnosed last year. Sucks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Hearst Corporation does own the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kings was doomed when they hired a slab of white dough as the lead star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can watch Ian McShane have a lot of fun as a mob boss on Sexy Beast.