Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress, now I'm going to binge Deadwood all weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He didn’t have them killed, but them that did the killin worked for him.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

In my first watch through in... I don't know, 5-6 years. I forgot just how god drat angry Steve is all the time. That has to be the angriest man in the world.

Also, speaking of anger ... something I never quite grasped with the show. What exactly is it that has Cy so angry at the beginning of season 2? I gather the main gist of it is that he feels betrayed at Joanie wanting to leave and people organising things behind his back. Seems to bring up a pretty deep seeded hatred of women he has, the "maggots in her eyes" line comes to mind. But is there a particular story behind all this I missed? Sometimes the show's language loses me a bit on the finer details but with Cy so on edge in the early parts of the season I feel like I missed more to the story.

He's an rear end in a top hat who isn't dealing well with not being able to lord it over everything around him. Cf. his behavior to his underlings when Hearst humbles him even more in S3.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The theater troupe plotline did get Con laid, and it gave us the scene where he uses that one lady's boob as a steamship speaking tube.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve definitely seen a reference to one actor who plays a dead character being around for filming

Could be a flashback, though I don't think Deadwood ever did a flashback.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Titus Welliver almost losing it at the Farnum impression owns.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wasn't there an interview with an HBO exec who said something about Deadwood getting cancelled before they realized how much money there could be in DVD sales (and later streaming)? Or was that another series?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

0wns

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
God damnit knock it off, I don’t have time to rewatch Deadwood right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You should see Bosch.