Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, what?

Also, I forget how Cy killed Kristen Bell's character. I just remember it was brutal. What did he do?
It wasn't any worse than anything else that happens to people on this show (except that she was "a kid") and in fairness, she tried to both rob and stab Cy. After his cappers beat them so badly that she was "cockeyed" he rapped his knuckles on her head a few times and mocked her predicament before making joanie shoot her. He was incredibly sadistic during the ordeal. I think people really load up on how Eddie Sawyer was "hosed up" by the event. Cy was a giant oval office about it afterwards, saying that eddie caring was probably due to wanting to gently caress the male counterpart. Later you see her dress balled up in the corner of wu's pig sty which is a pretty sinister little detail but again, no worse than many others got.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

kaworu posted:

The "SOAP WITH A PRIZE INSIDE!" guy who is working with his partner who pretends to be a customer (who claims he got like $5 in his bar of soap!) were real scammers that worked in various towns/camps out west mid-eighteenth century, and they'd just go from town to town for as long as they could get away with overcharging for crappy bars of soap with usually nothing of value in them for a "prize", and as soon as the sheriff caught on they'd just go somewhere new.
fucken loot boxes, even then...

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This was really more of a cast reunion and show send off in the wrap party sense than an addition to the deadwood story. I guess a lot of people enjoy that kind of thing and that's cool. I had somehow gotten the idea that there would be more impetus so I felt a little disappointed TBH.

it was kind of like a theme park ride of deadwood...

Qmass fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 1, 2019

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

think my favourite line from the show is EB on the degenerate titlicker - "I begrudge that pervert his capacity for happiness."

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I take it back...

pickling his prick in the oval office-brine of another

is a tough act to follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

"I am a sinner who does not expect forgiveness... but I am not a government official." cracks me up every time.