Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Keyser_Soze posted:

I find myself this mornin' very fuckin' satisfied. :clint:

gently caress you, Hearst.

Hearst spends the entire movie being all :smuggo: about the advance of the future and then almost gets murked by mob rule. Super awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
I didn’t get the impression that Samuel was dying in his scene

Now, Al’s ending is totally ambiguous—unless there’s another movie, in which case he probably lives

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

that made sense to me - she's his brother's widow.

yeah but the implication was that she and Bullock eventually fall in love for real and have a fulfilling life

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Rappaport posted:

Dan just viciously beating that enforcer, with the eye bit.

I remember watching this live with my dad and brother and all of us just making the same sound of shock and horror when it happened.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Even all these years later I still randomly mutter,"I apologiiiiiiiiiiiiize......" to myself at various points :allears:

Al Swearengen's "anyways" made it into my vernacular immediately and has never left

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

MrMojok posted:

That was a fantastic scene

"I'm from Missoula, Montana"

"I'm from Vienna, Austria"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

thepokey posted:

Seth impersonating the Reverend was amazing

some good impersonations in Deadwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSchfzne9HU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Raivin posted:

100% convinced Welliver almost started corpsing but reeled it in and that's the take they used.

he absolutely did lol. but also it works in character because it's such a good impersonation

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

thepokey posted:

gently caress I forgot just how uncomfortable the scene with Cy and the 2 kid thieves is. I remember how the Dan v Captain fight made me squirm, but this is on par with it and I don't squirm easy from TV/movie scenes.

he fuckin fractures Kristen Bell's skull! It's hosed up

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

thepokey posted:

Jesus Christ, I don't think anyone, anywhere, in any walk of life, whether in fiction or not, is as angry as Steve the Drunk

you can find thousands him in the comments of any news outlet's facebook posts

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

It was a shame he left the show, but I loved that it appears he did actually pull off exactly what he bragged to Joanie he was going to do: rip off Cy right under his nose, put together the cash for her to buy her place, then got the gently caress out with Cy only grasping what had happened after the fact, unable to ever prove it, and utterly powerless to do anything about it.

The power of Ricky Jay :hai:

IIRC they were gonna film a death scene for Eddie Sawyer but Ricky Jay decided not to show up so Eddie would live on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Kim Dickens is a lead on that Walking Dead spinoff