Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Libby has an audio version of the play with the L.A. Theater Works full-cast performance. It's 3 hours, and free (with a library card), if anyone would like to listen to the performances in addition to reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure the lit thread regulars post (irregularly) in a thread dedicated to discussing prose and dialogue, both good and bad, regardless of "genre" with some pretty sweet in-depth write-ups.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't finished listening/reading the play yet because work's been busy, but I was surprised with how witty and funny the first act was. I know the R&GAD is supposed to be funny, but Arcadia's premise sounded very dry at first. Pleasantly surprised that my assumptions were wrong.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Need suggestions for next month. Christmas-themed is optional but not mandatory.

How about "The Chimes" or "The Haunted Man and the Ghost", both by Charles Dickens. Dickens wrote 5 Christmas/holiday novellas, and A Christmas Carol is the most well-known, despite being the first one written. Both are readily available and under 200 pages, if I'm not mistaken. They also fit within your theme for the year.