Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Just got it from the library, I'm excited to read it because I know so little about english (language) theatre outside of Shakespeare and mass-produced broadway musicals that I wasn't sure of its existance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

It took me an embarrassingly long time to find the time to read the 97 pages of this book. It's very funny indeed but I found myself thinking that it would be better to see the actual play several times because the switching between the two converging narratives would be much more interruptive. And the quickness of reading made most of the major themes appear a bit superficial. Even the main emotion vs. academia debate seemed a bit trite to me. I guess that's more a problem with the piece itself than with the format.