Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

I haven't finished listening/reading the play yet because work's been busy, but I was surprised with how witty and funny the first act was. I know the R&GAD is supposed to be funny, but Arcadia's premise sounded very dry at first. Pleasantly surprised that my assumptions were wrong.

Yeah it's hilarious right out of the gate. I read this on a flight from Jamaica and kept stopping to laugh and show my wife a bit of dialogue. Septimus talking his way out of the duel in the first scene was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

chernobyl kinsman posted:

see you in another week, botl

Woah, undershot that one a bit.

So I found out the other night someone in my office is in a theater group who is putting this on in Chicago (at the Greenhouse Theater Center if anyone is in the area and interested) so I am going to try and see it performed live soon.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The Blizzard by Vladimir Sorokin. It’s a weird little book with enough post-apocalyptic weirdness to keep the genre side of TBB interested but also a very clever pastiche of the Russian classics set in the icy wastes of Siberia. It’s on Kindle BTW

This sounds cool as heck so I went ahead and put it on hold regardless of if it gets picked