Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Lightning Knight posted:

Trucking especially is something I think the Dems need to really aggressively appeal to. Truck drivers are the backbone of the economy, the industry has moved aggressively to destroy labor organization and they benefited massively from deregulation. It's also on the verge of massive fuckery thanks to self-driving vehicles.

Trucking is going to massively tank if we ever get around to actually imposing proper taxes on trucking companies to compensate for the hilarious amounts of damage they do to national infrastructure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Well so thats what it feels like to have a shooting in your hometown.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What loving sucks is that whole area is a bubble so now I need to wait and hear if my brother is okay and check in with basically everyone I know from that area.

Thanks America.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Rent-A-Cop posted:

While he my have been a wonderful person cop death is a net gain for society.

Username post combo.

Brother is not dead but now Im playing the wonderful game of "Are they asleep or dead"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I thought the principle messages of country music were "wow that woman is very pretty, I would like to sleep with her" and "trucks."

Also crippling depression and alcoholism caused by failed relationships.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Der Waffle Mous posted:

There's been a recent spate of stuff by women country artists about murdering domestic abusers and I hope the trend continues.

Goodye Earl is a good song.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Comply with what?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I believe I was reading that there were some laws that state they must update with vote totals every 45 minutes, which they are not doing.

Ah, thank you. Does not seem too horrible then.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

pookel posted:

That's nice, but good luck proving whether they googled you before making a hiring decision.

If it got to the lawsuit stage that would be hilariously easy to prove.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

So I haven't really looked into this... is there any shred of truth to the claims that the reason California fires are as bad as they are is because environmentalist groups have been blocking efforts for controlled burns, which prevent fires from spreading?

Long story short, most likely.

The entire enviroment of Californa was basically designed and developed by Native Americans in such a way that it needs regular controlled burns or everything goes to poo poo.

The burns were regular enough, and old enough that some of the first spanish accounts mention how everything is on fire and the Native American groups are the ones setting them. They of course get pissed because it fucks up their ranching stuff. The practice basically ends by the Mission period due to obviois reasons.

Part of it may be climate change, but its also heavily influenced by the fact we may have reached the point where the system is collapsing.

You know how its looking more and more likelt the Amazon also has some heavily human designed and devloped forests? Same with California but it involves much more fire.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 10, 2018

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I enjoy their pain, so please continue.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I have been thinking of getting my undergrad college seals, my grad school seal, and then the emblem glyphs of the archaeological sites I work on tattooed along my ribs. Think it would be neat to leave a record of my life like that.

The issue is that I want them to be fairly small and thats a poo poo ton of detail needed.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I like that show, but I crave violence.

It's a constant source of anger for me thinking about how much we spend on the military and what we could better spend that money on. It's one of America's greatest failings imo

Go read Akumetsu.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

friendbot2000 posted:

I have a feeling if the Wisconsin Powergrab/ratfuck goes forward, they might actually have a riot on their hands...good.

Need to reenact that one riot where the townsfolk and ww2 vets laid siege to the police station while the corrupt city officals hid inside.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Have we been seeing more GOP poo poo not going Trumps way recently or am I just noticing it more? Seems we had had a flurry of articles recently about defections and the like.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Slowpoke! posted:

I was under the impression that you could not plead ignorance to the law.

INL but I can see an argument being made where if you are constantly being given legal advice by legal professionals as a part of your job (being the president or whatever) and it turns out your lawyer was lying or misinformed or whatever that its not really your fault.

Like I guess it would be still illegal but I imagine the punishment would be way less and more of a dont do this again type deal.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Lycus posted:

Shoot other country's satellites, maybe? I'm not a space warrior, so I don't know if that would easier from the ground.

There probally is already kill-sats in orbit but its one of those things we wont know about till some conflict kicks off between major powers and they are given the okay to engage.

Though the common depiction of them is just sats filled with explosived and shrapnel shred the enemy ones.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 19, 2018

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Yes really. If a lynching occurs, why would the participants not be charged with murder? What does this solve?

Why don't you apply a little critical thinking and apply this same argument to the existence of hate crimes.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Also just as a follow up, most posters will actually be super nice and responsive to your questions, even the dumb ones, if you admit you have no idea what the gently caress.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Zophar posted:

He's a business guy from Boeing, which is probably a good thing because he can probably convince Trump there's no money to make after a global thermonuclear exchange.

Countdown to Boeing becoming Vault-Tec.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Its less starting to go south and more his decisions have finally stopped tumbling down the poo poo heap and fallen right off the poo poo cliff.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

gohmak posted:

Joe Rogan maybe mysoginistic but is definitely not a conservative.

His credibility for this excuse has slowly but surely eroded away to the point where it really doesnt matter at this point.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I feel like the Pentagon chief of staff resigning is kinda huge.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Kobayashi posted:

Dismantle American empire and all, but just randomly hollowing out the bureaucracy seems like some Pandora's box poo poo.

Yeah, dismantling is good but I think thats some that needs to be orderly because just having random gaps in our national security network seems like a disaster ready to happen.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Declare a SOE right before the market opens on Monday

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

Luckily the NPS has kept staff at the Hawaii parks, notably Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park, and has shut down Puʻukoholā Heiau National Historic Site entirely. I am worried about Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park, as well as Wupatki, Chaco Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Mesa Verde, Aztec West, Casa Grande, anyon de Chelly and Navajo National Monument and hope they don't get pothunted. We've already been dealing with destruction and lootint for years but the NPS protected sites have fared better.

They are totally getting pothunted. When are they not getting pothunted.

Everything in Northern Arizona is prolly slightly better off because the weather has been poo poo here for a little bit which makes getting around annoying. But that also might work the other way and encourage it.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 6, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

How do you not remember a Jan 1st deadline. Its like the easiest deadline to remember.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

How does anyone under 30 even end up on somethingawful at this point? Were you reading it on your grandfather's knee as a child or something and he passed the account down when he died?

I am 24 too, I think it was grey hunters day by day ww2 lp that brought me in, and old GBS.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

qkkl posted:

One time the Kale I bought, which was supposedly "Triple Washed" and USDA inspected, had some kind of small insect eggs on it. I have never bought greens from the grocery store since.

While this isn't peak whitness/privilege its reaaally high up there.

Wash your produce.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Im also going to add that there base appears to be slowly realizing the importance of having a functioning goverment so thats going to be a thing. Especially when funding for food stamps cuts out in Feb.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hmm. I need to hire some coyotes to sneak some coyotes into Hawaii

And just like that AlBorlantern Corps was never allowed into the state of Hawaii again.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

That dude is going to shoot himself.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Superheroes are for children and babies.

Who hurt you.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

When is the next date that gov employees are supposed to be paid? Because my money is that the shutdown wont last much longer after that.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I think if people continue to slowly get pissed as they have been doing for the last week or so its going to go out of Trump/McConnell/Pelosis hands.

If people straight up refuse to come into work for airports, continue/increase protesting and miss another pay check and cant eat we will see people get increasingly pissed. If we see riots over hunger and not being able to paid rent and the media still paints it as the republicans fault they are going to cave because you cant control or really factor in riots.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh my God

That wasn't a joke; he is going to serve Wendy's burgers to guests at the loving White House?!

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Man of the people, baby!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Im not sure if this news will make Wendys stock tank or climb like crazy.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Gatts posted:

I wonder if as President I'm allowed to put in the budget to have Uber Eats fly me in food from the west coast....there's some good burritos in San Diego.

He literally could have done something cool like have fast food from the best places in each state served up but he just went so basic with it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What is the middle east bill again exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Dude could have like hosted a cook out or something but god drat.