Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So it looks like Arizona and Florida Senate are still too close to call?

If recounts happen and those hold or win, math changes there for the Senate in 2020 significantly right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Tester has won, he is in the lead and can’t lose it based on remaining votes!

How does Tester keep winning his Senate seat in loving Montana? What pact with Satan has that guy made?

Is Montana more blue than I thought? I read somewhere they trend more towards liberterian than outright conservative.

The hot take that Trumpism is stronger even though multiple states and rejected it and the House is dem is really loving stupid.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So my takeaways on all of this for 2020:

The Good:

the general public as a majority continues to hate Trump and reject him

The Plains States: I think the Democrats have made some great headway into traditionally GOP strongholds in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Iowa. People there have been turbofucked by the GOP and are looking for relief. I think an actual candidate that runs on workers and farmers rights populism and reforms can win there now.

The Great Blue Lakes: the Midwest (and Pennsylvania) turning blue again is a huge boon, and stymie Trump's chances at taking an electoral college win. Trump's approval rating in the northern Midwest is abysmal.

Texas isn't red; it's turning purple

O'Rourke proved there is a democratic base in Texas, and several democrat victories down ballot should give the party fuel. Texas is changing demographically, which I believe overall is good for us.

The Bad:

The Evangelical South is too strong a wall for Trump. Dixieland (with the possible exception of the Carolinas, which look vulnerable) is going to be his base. Missouri becoming more red is sad, but honestly not surprising.

The Worst of the Rustbelt:

I don't really know what to say about Indiana. Donnelly being a complete loving moron and abandoning his own party was suicide, but the state seems to trend more towards the south than the Midwest. I could see something changing there, but it's going to take a lot.

Ohio is still up for grabs; yes the elected a Republican government, but Brown won handedly. I think Ohio is some wierd mediocre centrist land, but it definitely is not red.

The Ugly:

Florida is NOT a swing state; stop campaigning like it is:

I don't know how else to put this. Due to changing demographics of old infestations, the coalition of religous nuts, snowbirds, and gun freaks has locked the state in with the rest of the Deep South, and I only see it getting worse as old racist boomer flight to it continues to happen.

I'm not saying stop campaigning in Florida or trying, but stop seeing it as a lynchpin. I do believe the re-enfranchisement will help, but I can't see how much, and Florida continues to become an increasingly chuddier state.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...So Florida is having a recount...again.

Hey, you know what, if Bat boy doesn't win the Senate, and DeSantis gets thrown into the sea, I'm all for it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

It’s not like a bunch of women of color won in Republican districts last night. This is such a shitbird take lol.

This. The House got a whole lot more diverse last night, and loving Kansas elected an LGBTQ Native American woman who is an mma fighter. KANSAS

Country is a lot more progressive than we think.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

AH AHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just endless laughing forever, delicous

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Life is coming at Trump fast today isn't it?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

RIP Kiebler Elf Nazi

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Watergate speed run back on folks!

Dude is lashing out like a cornered rat. Did he really not plan to lose the House? Is he that delusional?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wouldn't Rosenstein become AG at this point? How is Trump circumventing that?

I look forward to Rod Rosenstein being fired, and him just going "yeah, nah" and going back to his office for the 18th time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh good. I'm sure the "I hate Hillary" guy will be very impartial! :downs:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There's no way they fire Mueller. Come on people. It's way too late for that.

Never doubt how stupid he is. Ever

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Trump is shook as hell and he is lashing out because he hates Sessions. I doubt he's thought more past attempting to change the news cycle from the Dem wave.

Yes, let's shift the narrative from Dems somewhat winning to my obstruction of justice charges people were forgetting about! That's the ticket!

Edit: apologies, this remark was uncalled for

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 8, 2018

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Personally I think it's some vote manipulation poo poo both for him and Nelson.

This. Something is up.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can't this horrible rear end in a top hat give us one day of peace without his complete garbage?

I was having a good day and now Trump is just "lol, time to do a soft coup." For gently caress sakes man.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao, the Acting Attorney General is a loving gamer and would be twitch streamer

A fresh new hell

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tibalt posted:

I also like how you all believe the Wednesday morning Jeff Sessions firing is some carefully laid out master plan that WON'T immediately go to poo poo and become a huge mess.

I mean

Have you been paying attention to this White House?

I expect we'll find out that the supposed new AG isn't a US citizen within 48 hours.

No one has even heard of this dude until now. Where the gently caress did he come from? How old is he? How much experience in law does he even have?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just gently caress everything. I hate him so goddamn much

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh my god, shut the gently caress up about Pelosi

Trump is starting up Watergate 2, and you want to debate "Pelosi: horrible liberal, or even more horrible centrist?" :thunk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Just take him to the glue farm already, christ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

FWIW Nate Silver is projecting Sinema to pull it out in AZ.

That's fantastic if true. That means we effectively gained 2 but lost 4 right? Unless I am missing one.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So the GOP traded 2 Senate seats for the entire House? And McConnell is trying to spin that as a victory?

Quite the victory there Mitch! :thumbsup:

Isn't Nelson going to a recount? Lol if Nelson wins and the GOP picked up a single seat.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The woman is in permanent meltdown mode. What's new?

Laura Loomer legitimately needs psychological help, and I actually hope she gets it. She is cleary not well.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Sharia law is so horrible! They are swearing on a book they consider holy, and they enforce laws based on religion"

(Refuses to glance at giant 10 Commandments Statue and abortion ban across the street)

I love when American chuds on twitter comment on "European sharia law" like Great Britain has become a Caliphate

For gently caress sakes, go outside and talk to people you wackos

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Z. Autobahn posted:

Can someone smarter than me explain what the value is in Abrams or Nelson calling for a recount? It looks like the average amount of votes to change in a recount is 250, which is wildly less than their margins. Is the hope just to discover some kind of widespread fraud?

I think it's more that Kemp purposely sabotaged the vote by physically holding back voting machines and shutting down precincts on a whim. The man is guilty as gently caress.

Out of Florida I heard that a precinct was put right in the middle of a gated retirement community, and security would not let people in to vote.

Serious fuckery going on.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Office Pig posted:

Thankfully Jacob Wohl is a liar and always wrong.

Is Wohl a super cool guy with the Dems now? That the new and pathetic angle?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I was going to say, we here in Michigan joke that Minnesota is the California of the north.

I'm sure that Minnesota has some chuddier areas though, like California does.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Framboise posted:

So we've gone from "he assaulted her" to "he absolutely DID touch her"?

Man, the goalposts on obvious lies move fast. Never mind that PJW is the chuddiest of the chuds.

Is he still afraid to leave his apartment in fear of being talked to by people who look different than he does?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Calaveron posted:

Yeah 75+ year old people are basically horses when it comes to injuries

My grandmother was that age and had a massive stroke. First day doctors told us she may never wake up from a coma, and they showed us a CT scan where it looked like some severe damage to areas of the brain.

Two days later my grandmother was awake and talking as usual, and the doctors told us flat out that "yeah that brain damage, we don't actually know what happened but it is gone, she is going to be fine :stare:"
She lived for 9 years after that.

To this day I am convinced my grandmother had a mutant healing factor. God rest her soul, she was a tough old lady :3:

Old people are remarkably resilient to injury sometimes.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I enjoy that this is one of the seats that Trump enjoyed bragging about winning a year ago.

This is so good.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

This entire Administration is a revolving door of Reeks.

Not one of these fuckers has an ounce of self respect, and jump at the chance to be Trump's beaten dog again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Did he announce that with "smell ya later!" While giving everyone the finger and this played?

https://youtu.be/PFZAcOcE2No

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Brony Car posted:

I can't wait for RBG to swim across the Yangtze river and stop all you guys from panicking.

She probably should not; I heard the Yangtze is pretty polluted now :ohdear:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Retro42 posted:

Yup, the Trump admin game plan specifically for after the midterms seems to be wildly flailing about in any direction till something sticks. At this point is just disregarding any "Breaking" news unless its factual and not just "sources say".

Ftfy

There is no plan. Trump is clearly unhinged and lashing out even more like a moron now, and no one can stop him. Then they have to do these absolutely pathetic attempts at damage control and deflection.

This is pure chaos.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kimsemus posted:

Not for POTUS. Good loving luck. There is ZERO evidence we've seen on obstruction so far. Or collusion at least with POTUS. You can't be vicariously guilty of a crime.

...The dude fired the Director of the FBI for investigating things, then went on record in a live interview and told the world he fired the Director of the FBI for investigating things.

Then he fired several more people. Then he tried to stop Mueller several times from doing the investigation.

No obstruction case on Trump?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

axeil posted:

Yeah I think in Florida with Gillum/Nelson basically getting the exact same vote share the message we should go with is "policy preference doesn't really matter in FL". I'm not sure if that's because everyone in FL is old, the GOP voters there are all CHUDs, Dems just vote Dem regardless of policy, Indies have no clue what they're doing or what. Since I like M4A and other leftist positions those are what I want to see next time in Florida, but a centrist can look at the same data and argue for centrist positions and we both will be right because policy appears not to matter in FL.

Analyzing Florida, Sherrod Brown's win in OH, and our wins in IA/KS are probably where we're going to learn the most for making a good run in 2020.

hot take: I think KS could be a swing state in 2020.

Even more hot take: Kansas, and possibly Iowa, AND Oklahoma.

The Plains are beginning to rise up against their chud overlords, because they got turbofucked by them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

coincidentally, all three of those have been song titles

Pretty sure "domestic disputes" and "tractors" are in that concept pool as well

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

:golfclap:

lmao shut the gently caress up.

Lightning Knight you are tough but fair. I like it! :)

On topic, have we heard anything else out of Aizona today?

Edit: drat beaten. Thread moves fast

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

They should hire PJW for Communications Team. Why the gently caress not; he seems about as stupid as they are, and they seem to be on the same wave length for dumb conspiracies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Taerkar posted:

Is Christie anywhere close to being as racist as Jefferson Beauregard Sessions the Third though?

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is the physical avatar of the Confederacy reborn. It is impossible to be more racist than him.

Oh I forgot about Steve King. Boy is that a contest in hell