Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
New acting AG:

https://twitter.com/MattWhitaker46/status/894363989962100736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
RBG will zombie shuffle to court before she retires under the piss stain president.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Can’t wait to hear what Rick Ratfucker Scott has to say.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If they already have a sealed indictment against Jr I’m not sure AG Thumbhead can stop it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Get you a man that looks at you like they look at adversarial world leaders.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

It is possible that a loss in the short term is "survivable" (though that's a pretty drat vague term in itself) on account of Donald Trump being a sundowning incompetent at everything except twitter burns. On the other hand, it is vastly less likely that having a competent fascist in charge of the GOP would be survivable, and that's where the current political trajectory is taking us. So the real question is how to best change that trajectory, and evidence shows us that trying to scold individual voters sure as poo poo ain't it.

Then again, Dems losing an election is most likely not it either since the establishment has been able to maintain their death grip on the party despite losing over and over.

The fact that dem candidates are being successful with small money donations against corporate PAC backed incumbents/primary rivals gives me a lot of hope.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

What are the chances that Trump gets to live down all the crap he caused during his presidency?

I suspect that all his failing businesses will be be propped up by Russia, Israel and Saudi Arabia for the rest of his life as compensation for services rendered.

He’s probably going to die in office. I mean look at him and how he eats. No exercise. Horrible sleep rhythm. Dudes gonna have a stroke.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
We need a voting reform amendment that ensures all citizens can vote at 18, and every vote is counted.

It’s insane that the existing suffrage amendments don’t already get us there.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

If the judge rules in CNNs favor today, it doesn't mean Acosta will get his press pass back today, right? I assume the WH will appeal and drag this out as long as possible.

Instead of fighting it they’ll probably just entirely stop press briefings and try to keep Trump away from reporters until he fully sundowns.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I bet Jr. gonna be indicted this week.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1063098019657195522

:lol:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1063194645021290496

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Re: WikiRapist

https://twitter.com/SeamusHughes/status/1063232297674162176

Edit: he isn’t citing the specific filing so grain of salt and everything.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

He's worried Pence won't pardon him/his kids.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

She’s already denied this.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Sociopaths usually learn to not say poo poo like that. How the gently caress has he not learned to just say something simple and not talk about how impressive charred bodies are?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Bannon at Oxford.

He seriously looks like some sort of lich

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cite them for what?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The federal government will step in to back policies to prop up real estate prices before they let ol whitey take it on the chin on their beachfront property.

Edit: I could see massive civic projects to reclaim private land lost to sea level rise to be honest.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

And of course Ivanka Trump was using her personal email account for government business.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1064663635404951552

Lock her up!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1065255517507985408

The invisible hand of the free market guiding corporate responsibility watching people while they sleep to justify denying benefits.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1065677882155040775

:lol:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

freeasinbeer posted:

I am. I work on an e-commerce site and I never want to hear a retail worker complain again about Black Friday.

I think I legit have a stress ulcer. And it’s mostly just from the internal reporting structure/pressure if we have any issues.

Someone just added 99 of the super discounted Black Friday special to their cart and now it won’t let anyone check out.

I work on the vendor side of e-commerce software, I feel your pain

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1066062617670754305

This kind of thing makes me think we’re heading for something like indentured servitude based on educational requirements.

Hey 18 year olds! Want a job? We’re hiring Sanitation Engineers. Bachelors degree required. Can’t afford school? We’ll cover your tuition if you work for us to pay off your debt*, starting during your first semester.

*repayment period is approximately 720 months. Early payment not permitted. Failure to complete service will constitute theft by deception.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Poorly-considered geo-engineering projects to stop climate change, instead of actually changing behaviors, are going to to be the global climate version of Olestra and its anal leakage.

Just eat chips in moderation and go to the gym, you lazy lard rear end weirdo.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If anyone needs some good news today: twitter banned intentional misgendering and 'deadnaming' people

But nazis and white supremacy is still okey dokey.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

imo, saying poo poo like "we thank you for the opportunity to participate in your care" when you're telling someone you're gonna let them die unless they gofundme $10k out of the aether is just rubbing salt in the wound

My very good employer-provided coverage went up by another 20% for 2019. Most of the people I know had similar increases.

It’s only a matter of time before the “I like my plan!” people break and sign on to UHC.

Edit: didn’t catch the “Devos” on there at first :lol:

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 24, 2018

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Isn’t this literally an act of war against Mexico?

And is the border even closed to legal US residents trying to return?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

That qanon poo poo is written like a 13 year old on Xbox live thinks a cool spy would talk and it’s loving hilarious.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo look at this fat bitch

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

What? Do you really believe in strong state loyalty for presidential elections? Why would Warren be done?

I think presidential primaries this far out is mainly a measure of name recognition.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ewiley posted:

Interesting

https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/1067985003030740992

Also what font does the SCOTUS use on its headers? That's a pretty sweet font.

“Inauguration-crowd math” :lol:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

No quarter for these gun fuckers.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah this was my theory earlier. That he thought he was going to lose and just tried to grift Russia

He thought he would lose, so did Putin, so he got Manafort, Guccifier, and the IRA to get involved to make sure he won.

Him, Cohen, and the kids thought they were grifting Putin and the GOP, and Putin played them like a loving скрипка.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is going to end in a mistrial. The chuds are going to extreme measures to try and improperly influence this, and they just need one dipshit on the jury to learn about jury nullification for poo poo to go sideways.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Jane posted:

Jfc, look at those loving eye circles. There has to be a right wing makeup artist or whatever who could teach him about blending, that poo poo's just getting sad

I run a fairly large organization of designers and data science engineers, and part of me wants to task the whole group with building a bot that finds every image of trump on twitter and posts a new version with his skin tone adjusted to match the circles around his eyes.

Like this:

I would surely lose my job, but for a few days it’d be totally worth it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

so wait

you expect to earn the same amount as someone who doesn't take off work when you take off work

:thunk:

We should have extensive paid vacation and leave mandatory for all employers, like many European countries that don’t work their population into an early grave to bump up dividends a few percent.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jasonleopold/status/1068341631441547264?s=21

:stare:

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This feels like the prelude to his resignation.

“I was going to be President Deals and MAGA but YOU PEOPLE don’t understand and are jealous that I’m so good with deals so I’m going back to my gold plated penthouse to do more DEALS!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

This is cool and good. I love that she’ll have more say in all committee appointments.