Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sanguinia posted:

So, if Fairfax also goes down because this sexmonster accusation ends up being real, what happens to Virginia's political landscape? Because this is now starting to seem really really bad.

Has some substance materialized that I missed? Last I checked this was a previously-dismissed accusation from a right wing pundit, not in any way involving the alleged victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sexpig by night posted:

I think he may think that'll protect him from a threat of impeachment?

Or it's spite because he's pissy Dems didn't defend him.

Also, reminder governor can appoint replacements for Ags or lts that resign.

vvv indeed

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 6, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hhhat posted:

I don't think I can hold office of any kind, I'm a federal contractor. I def can't give anyone money.

Employees of federal contractors can absolutely donate. It's the company itself that can't.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Your Boy Fancy posted:

...The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors race is apparently lit...

More info on this would be welcome. I know the only candidate who's actually been on the board, McKay, has been accused of shady housing developer bullshit. The accuser, Chapman, is another candidate who has emphasized affordable housing and has apologized for once donating to The Cooch. Other candidates are a former schoolboard dude, McElveen, who supports universal pre K and in the past has pushed resolutions on LGBTQ issues, and Plerhoples, for whom I've found no concrete platform.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 10, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

HisMajestyBOB posted:

I just now saw that the Fairfax School board is up for election this year too. The GOP has been running an awful, racist campaign. There's a ton of candidates and positions, and all the candidates are technically independent so they don't have a party listed on the ballot (I think). Hope the Dems are giving out sample ballots on election day.

In good news, my delegate, Kathy Tran, appears to be well out fundraising her opponent, despite raising the ire of anti-abortion fanatics.

I hope so too. If people could post names of NoVA candidates they determine don't suck, and what information they have, that would be great.

Like, look at this poo poo:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OAquinas posted:

Well, I think Priscilla has an honest face. Plus, she doesn't see color!

a vote for :geno: is a vote for gray

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I've never had to wait in line at an off-year election before. It's weird to feel genuinely hopeful about Virginia politics. House is at 54, christ.

Edit: I'm drunk and helicoptering. Who's with me?

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 6, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

friendbot2000 posted:

AUTOMATIC VOTER REGISTRATION IS OUTTA SUBCOMMITTEE! YEAH BABY!

I'm having one of those "Progress? In MY Virginia?" moments. :woop:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone went scammin'

Or could they have used a bullshit archaeologist to certify a site as definitely not a native burial ground?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Aside from Hala taking money from Dominion and being former DHS, and Sam Rasoul being a business guy I'm not seeing much in the way of differentiators in the races that aren't locked down. Any thoughts?

EDIT: DSA hasn't endorsed anybody, for whatever that's worth.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 7, 2021

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sanguinia posted:

Things change. A year is forever in politics. Every indication we've gotten says the votes were there before, and then Lee Carter's Ego ruined it for everyone. Now maybe the votes aren't there. Or maybe they still are. Who knows. Maybe Friendbot can give us an update on what's actually happening.

I think support was soft all along, and suspect some legislators might have even been quietly grateful they had an excuse to not vote on it (edit: or a fig leaf to disconnect the vote from their ostensible political positions). I can't fathom why, it just strikes me as similar to how at the federal level you'll see something die a couple votes short, but then details leak that other senators opposed it and were playing a game of Hide Behind Manchin, and it mysteriously never comes up again.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Communist Zombie posted:

Hey, Ive seen other posters use that same logic before and more often than not the politician walked back their progressive talk.

More often than not the entrenched establishment blocks progress, forcing politicians to walk back positions or admit failure. You could predict walkback based on phase of the moon or necromantic interference and be right about the outcome most of the time. It doesn't make the logic sound.