Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Discendo Vox posted:

Carter stands zero chance of accomplishing anything with his run, other than wasting the money of people who donate to him. Activists and actual campaign people in VA, (including some current and former goons) are basically throwing up their hands at him doing this.
Yeah that's what I've heard as well; the fact that especially in DSA spaces in VA/MetroDC it's not just one group of people upset but more broadly doesn't reflect well imo. I'll put my trust with those people over a politican anytime.

Granted my brain has been melting for the last month over this dumb inorganic Force the Vote stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The big thing I get from comrades in VA is that Lee also has skeletons in his closet that are probably going to come out with him running.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Judakel posted:

Apparently Carter did no canvassing. Not sure what he expected.
I mean his campaigner was the Joshua4congress grifter so not surprised

Alienating all the groups that helped him initially get elected too also didn't helped

Owlspiracy posted:

lee carter having a normal one while losing his primary

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1402423090966151176
Someone is starting a podcast

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean his campaigner was the Joshua4congress grifter so not surprised

Alienating all the groups that helped him initially get elected too also didn't helped
Like beyond the whisper network stuff about him, Lee just being a lovely boss to those involved in working on his initial campaign makes me glad he left the DSA, but annoys me how much people outside the DSA still think he is in it or that the Rose Caucus is just a formation within DSA (which I suppose is the point). He also just appeals to a bunch of the blackpilled/FTV folks who think posting is actual organizing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Epicurius posted:

I mean, everybody made such a big deal about him being in the DSA when he first got elected, he just got stuck in my head as "DSA guy who posts online a lot.". When did he leave it, and how come nobody made a big deal about that?
I think it was early 2018 when he gaslighted his ex-wife by saying he was the one being abused by his ex-wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

surf rock posted:

Wow, looks like India Walton lost in Buffalo. Tough to lose to a write-in who you already beat, even if it is the incumbent.

https://twitter.com/thehousered/status/1455727396255117316?t=wmZA6KwEXvQCdjwPfaOpzw&s=19
She also used scabs to print material for campaign stuff