Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't know how Dino hasn't been drummed out of republican politics yet. He's now lost four elections in a row and you just know he'll end up running for and losing like county executive or something

Well, how deep is the bench in the WA GOP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

E: wrong thread.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The Maricopa County Democratic party is having an actual election on Saturday for reorganization.

In previous years, it's mostly been one person being nominated and then selected by acclimation by the body.

This year, every single seat has at least two people running, and in cases where there's three we'll have to use Instant Runoff.

I've got to say, elections where you're choosing between multiple good candidates are way more challenging than ones where it's a shithead versus a decent human being.

Just be sure that the entire organization doesn't fall apart after the election because of bad feelings like I saw happen with a DTC I worked with like a decade ago.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Lil Peeler posted:

In Utah news the Republican legislature is poised to overturn almost all of the voter approved progressive initiatives we passed in November. They started with reducing medicare expansion and throwing a work requirement on it and it looks like they'll be going after our medical :weed: and independent redistricting next.

I've been trying to get involved with the UT Dems but haven't gotten alot of response. How can I make waves?

Have you tried just showing up at the meeting and declaring yourself in charge? Believe it or not that sometimes works with moribund DTCs.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I want to see that opinion. It sounds loving bonkers.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

The best fact about John Hickenlooper is that he is mentioned in the Kurt Vonnegut novel Timequake (Vonnegut was in a fraternity with Hickenlooper’s father, and the novel depicts Vonnegut describing fraternity rituals to Hickenlooper).

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Good luck to residents of New Jersey, Louisiana, Kentucky, Virginia, and Mississippi, who have import elections scheduled for tomorrow. Also, you fellows should do something about your weird off-year election cycles.

Moreover, your municipality may have local elections tomorrow even outside those states. Don’t forget to vote.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Abner Assington posted:

Wait. There's a group called Dominion? And they're the baddies?

This simulation is broken.

Well Virginia is the “Old Dominion” so it isn’t that weird that it has institutions that reflect that name.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

If you seriously think there is a chance that Democrats intentionally lost a governors race because they actually hate doing things, you should log off this website and Twitter immediately and not talk about politics online for a year. I am serious. You are so deep down a rabbit hole you cannot think straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

I dont think anyone is seriously saying that, just that mccauliffes campaign was so insipid that it *seems* intentionally designed to lose.

You’re right I’m confused. It was current events where a poster saw a dumb mailer and seriously concluded that the democrats wanted to lose.