Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Who's ready to flip the VA legislature into a Dem majority and give us another trifecta?

We need 2 pickups in the House of Delegates and 1 in the Senate for a majority. I think we can do it next year :unsmith:

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

The Dems also flipped an Arlington County board seat against an "independent" (he was basically republican lite), and a women who was running as "keeping the name of Washington-Lee High School" as her main campaign promise was crushed as well.

I met Matt de Fernatti at the Starbucks on Monday morning when it was pouring out. He was going out canvassing for his seat and picking up some coffee before he started knocking on doors. I told him I voted for him in the primary and although I moved out of the county I was really pulling for him to win. We talked for a bit about where I work, how long I lived in the county, our chances in the House, etc.

Maybe now Arlington will finally get the Georgetown-Rosslyn gondola! :v:

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 7, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Hopefully Fancy is logged off the internet for a month and taking a much deserved break.

With that said, yes we should all get Goodnsquad back together for 2019!

I wonder if they'll think I'm a project veritas operative again :v:

friendbot2000 posted:

Godspeed General FancyPants! Get some rest friendo!

Well, one thing is for sure, we have to make sure Danica Roem keeps her seat. I would crawl through fire for her to get elected to office. I refuse to allow the state house to be taken back by regressive CHUDs. It ain't happening. So if they are any Virginia Goons who are lurkers that want to pitch in and do some work, drop me a PM.

i got to meet danica yesterday when i went out to manassas to canvass for wexton. she was incredibly inspiring and i agree we've gotta keep her seat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1060583240195629057?s=19

https://twitter.com/vpapupdates/status/1060584878796890113?s=19

Taking the VA Senate seems doable

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

The "independent" who lost re-election for Arlington County Board Seat to a Dem is :qq:ing about people voting straight ticket and being ignorant of local politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.2d2f467b8408

lol, get hosed buddy.

Vihstadt sucks poo poo and is the reason we don't have a streetcar or any mass transit whatsoever on Columbia Pike except a crappy bus line so he can gently caress off.

Voted against him in 2014, not that it did any good and I'm glad Matt beat him.

cheetah7071 posted:

What exactly happens during a machine recount that you believe the second time is more accurate than the first? Or is it just that if the result changes, that indicates you need a hand recount to figure it out?

This is a rare case where a machine recount may actually do something because something like 30k ballots in Broward County didn't record votes for Senate and people think the machines may have just misread them.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah that was my main rationale when I explained to people why I thought voting for him was dumb. He basically sat on the board to vote against projects he didn't like, and he never had any solid plans or solutions of his own. He was just a ""stop spending my money" shitter. gently caress'em.

I made the mistake of commenting on the article, and now some guy's trying to concern troll me with "Well Matt says he's going to end childhood hunger in Arlington, if he doesn't, what are you gonna do about it?" :fuckoff:.

Even on ARLNow all the commentators seem to be either right-wing maniacs or joke-telling trolls which is baffling considering there's like 4 Republicans in the entire county.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
why do people think nelson is going to pull it out in florida? it seems like there isn't enough vote left and a recount won't do anything

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

I went to my local Democratic Party meeting tonight and they had leadership elections. I was with the president of the college Democrats, our professor advisor, and one other member.

It was an absolute shitshow. There was a dumb factional pissing match happening because a group of them didn't want to work with College Democrats or have an office in our college town (the office that was granted to them for free mind you). They spent the last few weeks organizing a leadership coup instead of helping with the midterms.

A bunch of them were also low key super racist to a Hispanic woman who won a leadership position there.

I'm really frustrated. :(

Join DSA?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

evilweasel posted:

Because I was curious, here is the list of every interesting state race that will happen in 2019. It's, uh, not the most interesting list.

I will always remember Alison Lundergan Grimes because of the "What rhymes with Alison Lundergan Grimes?" ads Mitch ran in 2014.

I'm not sure if making your opponent more memorable than you is a good idea, but by god Mitch did it.

Quorum posted:

Incidentally, the last time Virginia had a Democratic trifecta was under Governor Wilder, who left office in 1994. Since then, at least one chamber of the legislature (and almost always both) or the governorship have been held by Republicans. Considering how different the Virginia Democratic Party of the early 1990s was-- and, indeed, how different the Virginia of the early 1990s was-- I almost can't imagine what a huge difference that would make in the state.

Because of 2017 the map in VA from 2020 forward will at bare minimum at least be fair. If we take back the House of Delegates + State Senate we can do a Dem gerrymander, legalize weed and a bunch of other things we should've done like 4 years ago but couldn't because of how gerrymandered the state is.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

Actually quite a few! The state party just ran people who were lefties and surpruse, they won! And we elected our first trans woman! All hail her Lady of Progressive Grace Danica Roem!

Virginia is turning blue and next year I hope the Democrats bring their a-game because I want all 3 chambers dammit. Let's murder Dominion Power's stranglehold on our state politics!

Lee Carter is a DSA member who had 0 party support whatsoever because it was viewed as hopeless and he won. It was awesome. Hope he and the others can defend their seats next year and we can find 2 more to flip.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

Virginia Is For (Election) Lovers

It really is. And it doesn't even get into hyper local races. Want to be constantly bombarded with campaign stuff? Vote in a primary for county/school board and be under the age of decrepit. Although I got to meet the entire Arlington board over the course of about 2 years just by showing up to stuff. Met the newest county board member randomly at a coffee shop a day before the election.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

I like DC statehood conceptually, but there are some really massive infra issues involved with turning it into a state, and I'm worried from the reported elements that this is more like red meat than a remote way of addressing any of those issues. I know, I know, DOA in senate, show bill fire up base, etc, but if they want to eventually actually do it, they need to have been planning how to do things like deal with the federal oversight and infra and transport funding and sewage and reorganization of representation for a couple decades. DC's a mess, heavily intertwined with and in horrid resource conflicts with its neighbors. It's got basically every kind of political and governance issue you can think of. The tensions of being the seat of the federal government also are going to get worse, not better (a set of problems that might be best addressed by looking abroad for how other countries handle it).

if you reduce DC down to just the federal buildings you could presumably give all administration rights back to the House and run everything through there and since it would have 0 residents it wouldnt have any voters in presidential elections and thus no electoral votes.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They should probably both be states, but the case for making D.C. a state is huge.

D.C. just overwhelmingly (85+%) voted to become a state in 2016.

Puerto Rico is murkier. Statehood probably has close to majority support, but it isn't as definitive as D.C.

Plus, D.C. is in the mainland US and subject to federal income taxes and laws in ways that Puerto Rico isn't. It is pretty bonkers that you can drive down the freeway in the United States of America and no longer be in a state.

imo the resolution of the puerto rico murkiness should be a referendum with only 2 options: statehood or independence. if the pro-status quo people try to screw it up, announce that the federal government will take the results as binding and will not entertain continued existence as a territory.

and then do the same for the other us territories.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

luxury handset posted:

yeah, one of the reasons WMATA is so hosed up is that in order to get anything done the state of virginia, the state of maryland, the district of columbia, and congress have to input on funding issues and strategic plans. imagine if you had to ask congress to expand a subway line in your city. my god

wmata finally got dedicated funding in 2018 despite existing since the 70s. it's impossible to plan for anything when you have no clue how to project your revenue from year to year since a state or congress could yank it without warning.

wmata also is horribly hosed up from a management and workforce standpoint but hopefully giving consistent funding starts letting them actually fix things. i remember when atc was supposed to come back in 2013. it's 2019 and there's still no automated train control.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

PR almost certainly has majority statehood support in reality. Without dredging up my effortpost on the history and parties involved, the anti-statehood party withdrew from the most recent referenda because they knew they would lose. That said, PR's been neglected and abused so long that we're going to have to be aware that it's going to be a huge federal money pit for a generation, to say nothing of corruption problems.

are we talking money pit like what mississippi/other poorer states need, german reunification or hypothetical korean reunification?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

Jennifer Boysko WON the 33rd VA Senate District! They called it real quick which means it must have been a slaughter lol

https://twitter.com/JMilesColeman/status/1082809000486494213

40 point win is a slaughter, yeah.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1088144677092511744?s=19

This is a winnable map. Let's finish the job and turn VA blue!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

sirtommygunn posted:

How the gently caress did I forget this happened? I watched it and it's still unbelievable.

not a hat! a bowl that was made by a Virginian artist and oh god just get on with it this is agony.

that was the weirdest tense moment ever in 2017 where the person running it just seemed to have no clue that all we wanted was for the pick to happen.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:rip: Northam

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091449852540739585

One of the few times in history where it's probably better (maybe?) to be the guy in blackface (because otherwise he's the guy in a loving KLAN ROBE)

unfucking believable

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 1, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Also uh are VA republicans hoping that this and the anti-abortion bullshit will depress Dem turnout or some poo poo

yeah this whole thing is really bizarre. they're repealing a law that had no effect because scotus already knocked it down (rightly).

and now the right's shrieking hot ball of white rage decides the real way to get revenge on the guy who signed the bill is to...sink him and ensure the ascension of his lt. governor who is a literal planned parenthood donor and more popular than the governor.

do they somehow think that's going to help them this year? :psyduck:

the VA GOP is reaching Florida Dems level of incompetent.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

What the gently caress was the infanticide poo poo about anyways? I know it's abortion related but was Northam pushing a new law or something?

A law that was invalidated by a 2016 court ruling was being repealed and Northam signed it. the new law allows for abortion in cases where there's no hope of life, like a kid with no brain or lungs or whatever out of human empathy for the child and mother not having to go through with that. They had previously banned this sort of thing and scotus said "nope, you can't do that, it's an undue restriction"

The GOP of course screamed about it because they're pro agonizing, pointless death and mental trauma.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Crabtree posted:

I think enough people don't really feel like Northam would be that great of a loss. How poo poo has he been on doling out good policies?

Expanded Medicaid. That's about it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

If Northam doesn't resign what are VA Dems' options?

Impeachment.

Gonna be hilarious when all the VA Dems in the Senate vote to impeach and he's saved by the Republicans.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

So, if Fairfax also goes down because this sexmonster accusation ends up being real, what happens to Virginia's political landscape? Because this is now starting to seem really really bad.

Mark Herring stands triumphant, his plans finally coming to fruition.

Although then I guess we have no Lt. Gov or AG which seems...bad.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I don't want to tell VA goons what to do, but I stromgly suggest you all unplug. You're only going to get more upset right now. Take a day, two even, and come back with some emotional healing under your belt before you have a giant breakdown. Then see how the situation has progressed while you were gone and see how you feel about it, then start calling delegates and congresspeople.

Yeah I'm not even paying attention to the news any more. We're in a Cheeto Sky-like scenario for VA politicians being awful.

I just hope they don't hit Danica Roem or Lee Carter next :ohdear:

I could see a "compromise" scenario now where Fairfax and Herring resign, Northam appoints the replacements and then he resigns too. Who knows

What a mess.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jackson Taus posted:

I don't really think Herring resigns - people seem a lot more understanding of his mistake - he was younger & his response was a lot better. The more cynical & further removed would point out that the picture's worth a thousand words - even if Ralph's now denying that that blackface photo is him, it's still associated.

Yeah thinking on it now with a bit of time behind us, I think the most likely scenario is Herring becomes Gov and appoints a new LT Gov in the interim with a special in 2019 for Lt Gov/AG, although I'm not sure he can order that.

Next most likely is "no one resigns" which would suck and be bad.

Next, next most likely is the crazy daisy chain scenario where Periello ends up as Gov or something wild like that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Metro expansion is near and dear to me. Turning non-rail hours into night-owl bus hours would be a game changer.

I want to love metro so bad but it seems so horrifically mismanaged. I moved down here in 2010 and over the past 9 years I've seen it completely implode and decay. They killed a woman back in 2015 and the collective response was a giant shrug even though the Inspector General's investigation revealed all sorts of horrific things (e.g. employees forced to work 60 hours/week on a regular basis because no one else knows how to do the job). Remember MetroForward? Where Metro spent something like 50 million to put up (sexist) ads in stations about how they're fixing everything when in fact nothing got fixed? Remember when they said ATC (automatic train control) would be coming back in 2013? It's 2019 and they still aren't back on ATC yet. Remember when the Silver Line to Dulles was supposed to be done by now?

They seem to be in a death spiral where they constantly have to raise fares and cut service, which leads to more people not using metro which leads to more fare increases/service cuts.

As a huge transit supporter it's so disheartening that Metro is so poorly run.

I'm hoping dedicated funding will fix things but I'm pessimistic because Metro seems to be a black hole where good ideas go to die. I feel bad for the employees too as it seems like a lot of the anti-Metro hatred is directed at them when I really think the problem is a management culture that doesn't give a gently caress.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 11, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

Good point. I have been pushing for a serious push to make Metro get its loving act together for a while, bringing it up at the Q and A would be valuable.

Thank you!

I'm not really sure what is to be done to "fix" Metro as its problems are so deep and baked into the very operating structure. You would probably need to make the Board of Directors directly elected instead of appointed. Right now if you're pissed at Metro and want to change its leadership you must convince the following groups as they all get to appoint members:

D.C. City Council - 2 members
Montgomery County, MD - 1 member
Prince George's County, MD - 1 member
Arlington County/Alexandria City/Fairfax County/Fairfax City/Loudon County/Falls Church City, VA - 1 member
VA State Government - 1 member
US Secretary of Transportation - 2 members

That's insane. And not only do you have to replace them but you need to make sure they appoint the proper person. It's why reform has failed to take hold as you need 3 of the 5 of DC/NoVA Government/VA State Government/MD Suburb Government/Federal Government to be on board and it's just not realistically going to happen absent an absolutely massive campaign.

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 11, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

We have a member of the D.C. WMATA board, Alexandria city council members, Coalition for Smarter Growth, and a few other YIMBY Advocacy groups signing on. That is just what some of my contacts in local gov have told me, there are definitely more. It is a panel discussing land use across the DMV area. So Northern VA, MoCo, and D.C. would be the targeted areas. Any resources you can put me in touch with would be highly appreciated!

Is this more a strategic meeting or a tactical one? Because if it's strategic I'd be curious to hear what they thought about building more metro lines in the area. We need another Rosslyn tunnel to go to Georgetown to ease the Metro congestion caused by the Silver Line ( :rip: Blue Line) at bare minimum. I think we also need a lot of other routes and stops in NoVA because if you want to get from say, Falls Church City to Alexandria it's a really long trip. If they added in a line or lines that connected NoVA together that'd help. We probably also need some small connecting lines in the city to connect the Red Line.

The thing is, I think we arguably need those now and that's going to cost a crazy amount of money and I'm not sure the appetite is there after the Silver Line appears to be a massive flop (that isn't even done yet). If they're not talking about starting to build these things until 2030 or later it's going to be bad news as the Rosslyn Tunnel has been running at capacity since the Silver Line opened back in 2013 or whenever it was.

Tactically we need to figure out how to get Metro to consistently run every 4-5 minutes even on weekends. Metro is basically unusable if you need to make a connection and it's outside of rush hour because the train wait times are so extreme. I recall when I lived in Clarendon that it took nearly 90 minutes to go from my house to U Street on a Saturday evening because of how long the train wait times were. I'd have been better off trying to walk once I got to L'Enfant. My friends and I stopped using Metro entirely on the weekends because even though an Uber/Lyft would be 10-20 bucks, we at least would get there in a reasonable amount of time. A 3 hour round-trip commute to go out in the city on the weekend isn't a system that's usable and I haven't even touched on them killing off late night service which makes it even worse. I don't know anyone in my age/socioeconomic group (30something middle class people in the closer part of NoVA to DC) that use Metro outside of getting to work. Everyone would rather drive themselves or take Uber/Lyft. We need that to change and make Metro an attractive alternative instead of a last resort.

Not to mention the horrific number of delays/breakdowns/etc. make it almost impossible to hit those marks during rush hour (plus the Metro management constantly lying and manipulating the data/targets so their on-time rates look better than they are in reality)

I'm thinking of my trip to Berlin and how literally everything was only 3-4 blocks from an U-Bahn or S-Bahn station and the trains ran every 4-5 minutes. That's what we should be aiming for in the long-term.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 12, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Taking the seat of the Speaker of the House of Delegates after that projected 32 point Dem swing from redistricting would be quite wonderful. :getin:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

friendbot2000 posted:

Crossposting from USPOL.

Just thought I would share some of my personal experiences with these two candidates. Most of my personal run-ins involve alcohol it seems

I met the entire Arlington County board back when I lived there. Had a great talk + beer with Katie Cristol and told her I was sorry I voted for her primary opponent instead of her as she really impressed me as a councilmember.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/DavidMDrucker/status/1101085545575391232

:laffo:

god must love doug jones

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1101168979207487489

Aaaaaaah, you god drat moron, just run for senate instead of a doomed presidential campaign

I sincerely hope Obama or Harry Reid or someone is taping this poll to his eyeballs because being in a tie 18 months out is an insanely good result. Dude probably will win the race if he enters but noooo instead he's considering a quixotic presidential run. He was popular because he had a chance at beating Ted Cruz, not because people liked his policies.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quandary posted:

How the gently caress did no one in Virginia resign Jesus Christ

also because there was no clear better person to take over and if all 3 resigned the GOP would get control of the state despite losing the governor's election by 9 points.

had that coin flipped the other way back in December of 2017 things might've been different though as the House speaker wouldn't have been a Republican.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

There's also a statewide race in Wisconsin for a supreme court seat. If Dems win this it will make the court 4-3 for Republicans, with an opportunity to win control next year. Polls close at 9est.

Looks like the Dems narrowly lost :smith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

It was over a billion in 2008 afaik.

And yet a billion isn't even that much in a year when the US annual GDP is measured in the trillions.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Both of the cop-endorsed DAs lost in NOVA, including the one who jailed a teen for saying "oink oink" to a cop, so that's cool.

I'm real :smith: about Taeb losing to loving useless waste Dick Saslaw though. Lee Carter winning big is nice.

Overall I give these primaries a B.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Parisa Dehghani-Tafti defeated Theo Stamos and Lee Carter won his primary. Today was a good day.

https://www.arlnow.com/2019/06/11/developing-primary-polls-close-early-election-results-show-tight-race-for-prosecutor/

Theo Stamos is the cop-endorsed DA who jailed a kid for saying "oink oink" to a cop. Probably the best result of the night.

friendbot2000 posted:

Fairfax County cops are the scourge of the state. I had a run in with them for daring to translate and defend an El Salvadorian immigrant who got hit by a Good Ole Boy in his pick up truck. They looked at me with an incredible amount of hate in their eyes as I translated for him. The 6 cops(because apparently, a yard laborer was highly dangerous that warranted an enormous police presence, those spades and rakes are really dangerous!) and dude were trying to pin it on the immigrant. The poor guy spoke very bad English because he had only been in the country for a year and was being bullied by 7 overweight white dudes with guns. Motherfuckers even threatened to call ICE on him to terrify him into accepting blame and I had to remind everyone involved that was not legal because the man had a valid green card(you pick up a lot of things when you have done volunteer work for an immigration activist attorney.) Long story short they gave up and agreed it was the Good Ole Boys fault because I called a lawyer friend and they were on their way to knock some heads together.

In short, if you are white, be a bro and put your body between a cop and a minority. It is the worst loving superpower to have, but it can save lives.

poo poo like this is why I'm glad Morrogh lost to Descano for Faifax DA. Not being endorsed by the cop unions made Descano an easy pick for me.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 12, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Re: Descano, he probably got put over the top because Terry McAuliffe endorsed him.

Who ever thought that Terry McAuliffe would be a beloved governor, kingmaker and one of the biggest criminal justice reform advocates in the state.

Rumors are swirling he'll run again in 2021 and if he does he'll win easily. VA governors are forbidden from running for re-election but they can still run again, just as long as they aren't the incumbent.

Descano is pretty serious about this stuff too. From his campaign website:

quote:

Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax*have an incredible opportunity on June 11th—the opportunity to reform our criminal justice system for the first time in generations. We’ve only had two Commonwealth’s Attorneys since 1967. There hasn’t been a Democratic Primary for the position since 1963. I’m running for Commonwealth’s Attorney to create a modern criminal justice system that is guided by our progressive values of Community, Equality, and Justice.

I’ll reform the system so that no one, no matter how powerful, is above the law. I’ll work to ensure that systemic discrimination based on race, wealth, and zip code is in the past. I’ll discard the tough-on-crime approach that has failed to address the root causes of crime, in favor of a holistic approach that builds up our communities.

Reforming our system means that we’ll break the cycle of decreased opportunity, increased poverty, and increased crime that is the story of far too many of our neighbors. This is a critically important moment for our community. The 2019 election will determine the future of Fairfax County for years to come. We can either accept the status quo or choose to fight for equality and social justice. With this election, we have the chance to push for greater inclusion and diversity of opinion. Fairfax County has made progress, but we still have work to do—especially in our criminal justice system

I helped launch the Fairfax County Police Civilian Review Panel and brought the Panel’s work out of the boardroom and into the community. I spent years fighting for equal rights for women as a Board Member of NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia and for equal rights for minorities as a member of the County NAACP’s Criminal Justice and Legal Redress Committees.

He's promised to effectively de-criminalize weed possession in the county and he has ending mass incarceration as the #1 issue in his campaign policy paper. I'm very excited for him to take office.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 12, 2019

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Can someone explicate the difference between (FAIRFAX CITY - FAIRFAX COUNTY) and (FAIRFAX CITY - FAIRFAX COUNTY) - FAIRFAX COUNTY?

VA is a very weird place and individual cities have the power of counties because things were set up like that back in the 1600s. Fairfax is extra weird because there is both the City of Fairfax and Fairfax County. Fairfax County is the bigger one.

The top result in the image is both localities combined. The lower one is just Fairfax county.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Descano wins, barring utter craziness in those last 2 precincts :toot:

edit: yes this is the county-only results but a) the city results are very small and won't change the result and b) i can't find the page on the board of elections site for the overall results

Oh also, Our Revolutoin backed Descano so this is a really nice pickup for them after Taeb lost. I hope she tries again when Saslaw inevitably retires after this term (dude is like 85).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

B B posted:

Criminal justice reform is coming to NOVA. :D

Yeah this plus the Arlington County Commonwealth's Attorney races are big, big wins. This is going to be a very positive change in a lot of people's lives.

edit: and if I had to pick either winning the big State Senate primaries or winning the Commonwealth's Attorney races I'd choose the Commonwealth's Attorney races. Much bigger local impact on people.

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 12, 2019