Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not to be a scold or some self help guru, but you shouldn't look at that kind of stuff at a certain point, if ever. especially when you're not even living in one of the two countries primarily responsible for what's happening. you're hurting yourself for someone else's sins. i think we should try to be kind to ourselves where possible, there's no guarantee anyone else will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Just do some ketamine. It works for Elon.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've never seen the appeal of dissociative street drugs. i've had one or two very brief dissociative episodes and it was scary, can't imagine seeking that out

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Isn't that pretty much the whole point of all psychedelics? Ego death and whatnot.

People use it to treat OCD and depression, so it is doing something other than terrifying people.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i suppose if you know it's coming rather than being in the middle of grocery shopping when the sense of complete un-realness hits you might change how you view the experience

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i suppose if you know it's coming rather than being in the middle of grocery shopping when the sense of complete un-realness hits you might change how you view the experience

That is why I always time my LSD tabs to kick in around self checkout and not while I'm actually shopping.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That is why I always time my LSD tabs to kick in around self checkout and not while I'm actually shopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4aB7m2IR_k

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

are there any places or references where Nixon's tape deletions are, like, logged together?

Like, not just a page mentioning the 18 minutes that was repeatedly erased or articles mentioning singular other instances, but like tracking and displaying all known records that Nixon had removed/suppressed?

Missing dictation belts, wiped over conversations, forged transcripts, hidden campaign plane wiretaps, other removals like four minutes on June 20, 1972 or an hour with John Dean on April 15, 1973, crimes crimes CRIMES [MISSING] it is a bit much

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not immediately, but if you contact https://nixontapes.org/transcripts.html

They might be able to point you towards some information on the subject?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the vibes are bad i think

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Let's see if this total eclipse fixes things

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

seems like a good day to stare straight into the sun

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

the vibes are collapsing in upon themselves to create anti-vibes that suck in and destroy all surrounding vibes

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

the vibes are dead, and we have killed them

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

total eclipse of the vibe

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Met a dog yesterday named 19, after Covid-19

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you can name a pet anything, they don't give a poo poo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Met a dog yesterday named 19, after Covid-19

Strong Red XIII energy there. Maybe he's really called Nanaki.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/sunshinevvn/status/1777173790612676885

apparently in Portuguese (Br.) this also means pussy in the anatomical sense

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
It also is shorthand in Japanese for weird stuff

The eclipse was fun. Definitely very weird as it entered totality

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I saw the 2017 eclipse in the middle of nowhere in Eastern Oregon. Legit one of the most amazing, surreal experiences of my life. I should have gone down south for this one.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

cat botherer posted:

I saw the 2017 eclipse in the middle of nowhere in Eastern Oregon. Legit one of the most amazing, surreal experiences of my life. I should have gone down south for this one.

I looked it up, next time is 2026 in Spain. Eclipse in Barcelona sounds cool.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

busalover posted:

I looked it up, next time is 2026 in Spain. Eclipse in Barcelona sounds cool.
Sounds like a good spot. Def want to be in a dry, sunny area like that. The hotels will be expensive and the traffic bad, FYI. My eastern Oregon eclipse trip was with a few friends. We just disperse camped on public land, and went back the day after the eclipse instead of just afterward. That saved a lot of hassle.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 8, 2024

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

rear end

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 9, 2024

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i miss being able to stash a jolly jumbuck in my tuckerbag without fearing for my life

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

*very intelligently and thoughtfully and after long and careful deliberation* yikes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

i miss being able to stash a jolly jumbuck in my tuckerbag without fearing for my life

*nods concurrence in confused american*

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

*nods concurrence in confused american*
it's an impressive feat actually, our heroic singing hobo fits a whole sheep in his bag. also, the song never specifies that the sheep is dead

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

it's an impressive feat actually, our heroic singing hobo fits a whole sheep in his bag. also, the song never specifies that the sheep is dead
Probably woulda been able to outrun the squatter, riding on his thoroughbred, and the troopers (1, 2, 3) if he wasn’t carrying the sheep.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

In the book that happens in not-Australia, Rincewind travels inside the Luggage for a little bit, unharmed. The earlier implication had been, of course, that people who wind up inside the murderous container die a horrible death, so I guess it decides?

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i thought a jumbuck was a kangaroo until i was like fifteen, which would have been even more impressive. we had to sing that song about three times a week in primary/elementary school and that whole time i was imagining a wild-eyed jolly swagman wrestling a kangaroo to death with his bare hands and shoving it into his manbag

Rappaport posted:

In the book that happens in not-Australia, Rincewind travels inside the Luggage for a little bit, unharmed. The earlier implication had been, of course, that people who wind up inside the murderous container die a horrible death, so I guess it decides?
of course it does

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Crafty little murder box

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

The elimination of all sense of meaning of the word woke continues, as now it is wokeism to prioritize support small local arts over prestigious historic national arts:

LSO’s Antonio Pappano posted:

There is a strange and misguided wokeism. If you’re supporting an opera in a church basement or something, that’s more important than the Royal Opera House, the English National Opera, the Welsh National Opera – give me a break

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/11/misguided-wokeism-puts-people-off-opera-says-top-london-conductor

It really does just seem to mean "thing I, a person in an established position of power, don't like" to many people now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Saying woke is the One Weird Trick to get people to report on your mediocre opinions in the modern press.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Kagrenak posted:

The elimination of all sense of meaning of the word woke continues, as now it is wokeism to prioritize support small local arts over prestigious historic national arts:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/11/misguided-wokeism-puts-people-off-opera-says-top-london-conductor

It really does just seem to mean "thing I, a person in an established position of power, don't like" to many people now.

almost literally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0aEz34A4o

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FALlhXl6CmA

had a bad end to the work week, but then i saw this. my god conan was head shoulders above any late night host there ever was

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FALlhXl6CmA

had a bad end to the work week, but then i saw this. my god conan was head shoulders above any late night host there ever was

Im not sure if im impressed or terrified at how good the host of that show is at getting his guests to relax and just be themselves instead of their public persona for the entire length of the show.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

last night i danced with a stranger
but she just reminded me You were the one
You left me standing in the doorway crying
in the dark land of the sun

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

i am slowly learning that the arc of the world bends toward ever-increasing weirdness and the only way to survive is to become ever-increasingly weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

society will become more and more rigidly normative in response to the natural world blossoming into a phantasm, but eventually that normality will crack like glass and we will all fly free into the ultimate weirdness: death