Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

bolkervalls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZqHXeZ7Tyg&t=37s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Yeah, if I was Volkerball I would say this was was worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the newest hire at my company apperently told one of our foremen that pepsi co. has a contract with planned parenthood and the reason why pepsi and frito-lays products are so addictive is because they contain mulch aborted fetuses. that's why he only drinks coke

when he was talking to me about chemtrails and hollow earth theory i smiled and politely nodded because that kind of internet crazy is old hat, but "there's ground up babies in our junk food" is a take that completely blew my mind. i don't think they make youtube videos about that theory, it's some really deep crazy

Every frito you eat is a ground up frito bandito

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

esto es malo posted:

Lol my control panel still has the last big explosion of drama when ladyambien came into dnd and made an announcement thread that racism is in fact cool and good and oh boy it's like a time capsule filled with Amazon stock.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805093

I can't believe that was less than 2 years ago

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gently caress, time is broken

well I'm off to badminton then, the only thing that makes sense anymore

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

thread no longer pinned? never gonna be able to find it again once it returns to its shallow grave

good, let us all die

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

exmarx posted:

america deserves its first rat president

Rat king

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Chelb posted:

congratulations taiwan incidentally

I did it, give me the credit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

quote:

BATION 03/12/20 06:07pm Leon Trotsky 2012 This is just a note to point out that Leon's been un-perma'd. The admin staff looked back on it and didn't think that his various offenses rose to the level of a perma.

Please stop being dumb in D&D Leon. Tell us more Bog Witch stories and less about the democratic primaries. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

It begins

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think alot of people are going to wake up tomorrow and be confused

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

exmarx posted:

proposal: a group of posters who became social democrats in 2017 create a spinoff website for the politics fyadlite so they can make themselves mods

reality: 2 of them get outed as sex pests within like 6 months

There is a reason we are called goons, none of us are good people

some worse than others

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Furnaceface posted:

Dont they immediately roll over into midterm campaigning after this?

nah probably gotta wait until next june/july for that

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You would not be a fan of Nara then. They get all the food they want.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

buzzards circle over the bleached bones of the chat thread

sup

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope mine is full of petty loving insults from all the mods i have insulted and who have since resigned or been banned in disgrace

mod note: destroy this person

oh wait sh-

click

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cinci zoo sniper posted:

if i had to guess, because im way too lazy to count, usce (incl. scotus, midterms) is around 15-30% of daily net volume of reports on sa, when there’s no big drama going on anywhere (incl usce)

I would say closer to 50 than 15, depends on if something dumb is going on in U/R

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

this also depends if you get alot of double and triple reports

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tesseraction posted:

I thought the report button only worked the first time, or do you mean like, they just report the same user over like five posts in a heated exchange?

That does happen sometimes, but what I mean is because of radium code, it could generate the same report multiple times. Usually two, sometimes three, once in a while four, and I think I saw five once.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

did you say pigs?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes I throw the entire thing in and put it on 8. Just pulverizing it into oblivion. Add mushroom, mayonnaise, mustard, relish and then run it though the sausage grinder to reduce the bone size

I do that but I buy a bunch of supermarket tuna sushi and give the rice to charity

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That isn't chicken salad then, this is chicken with salad

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bound salads
Edit
Bound salads are assembled with thick sauces such as mayonnaise. One portion of a bound salad will hold its shape when placed on a plate with a scoop. Examples of bound salad include tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, coleslaw, and potato salad. Some bound salads are used as sandwich fillings. Some pasta salads, e.g. macaroni salad, are bound salads. They are popular at picnics and barbecues.

Watergate salad, also referred to as Pistachio Delight[1] or Shut the Gate salad,[2] or colloquially as Green Goop, Green Goddess salad, Green Fluff,[3] Green Stuff,[4] or Mean Green is a side dish salad or dessert salad made from pistachio pudding, canned pineapple, whipped topping, crushed pecans, and marshmallows.[5][6][7] It is very quick and simple to prepare: the ingredients are combined and then chilled, if desired or required.[8][9] It is a popular dish in the Upper Midwest and other areas of the U.S. where potlucks are popular.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

next a buncha Europeans are gonna come in here saying that turkey ham doesn't exist, I made it up

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have met three separate Canadians who when looking at a bag of plain, unflavored corn chips have called them "nachos" - with no cheese, no salsa, no jalapeno, no nothing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Paracaidas posted:

Bout time for someone to make the 2024 primaries thread(s), eh?

If I had my way it would not happen until the day before Iowa or whatever is first now that Iowa has hosed off forever

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a strange fowl posted:

please forgive me for the posts. i am in remorse

no

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I've tried it and it sucks

now wine and coke, that's nice

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Staluigi posted:

- bottle (s) of malta goya or other malt soda
- 1/2 can of evaporated milk per bottle
- vanilla extract
- a tablespoon or two of white sugar to taste
- stir and serve in plastic jug with ice

Congratulations! You now can taste the experience of being a guest at the house of a manman who either loves or strictly tolerates you, no Pepsi or Lindsay Lohan required

I assume Karamalz is a similar malt drink? That's all over the place here.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Staluigi posted:

I can only guess it's going to be mostly the same, maybe needs some dithering on the sugar levels but you should get the same experience: the customary experience of family approval in beverage form

I will experiment later, however I can only find condensed milk, will need to try a specialty bakery store for unsweetened stuff

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

drink results

not great, not terrible

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kavros posted:

you should have them do the gelatin cremas!

a quick google search...eh I could just buy a big trifle at costco and it would be 99% the same.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

my 100 year old grandfather got covid... again

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

He's been in a home for the past 8-9 years yeah this kind of spread is inevitable. Only so much they can do.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

today is Watergate day in class

students are not as interested in watching recordings of Nixon tapes as I am

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah I gotta find the videos made with subtitles, and not the auto ones YouTube makes.

They do enjoy the Hagar pants video though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

cinci zoo sniper posted:

in general, what sites people use to grab recipes from? im following serious eats, budget bytes, and Kenji's youtube. sometimes like random spruce, epicurious, or the nyt recipes. ive heard good stuff about cooks illustrated and americas test kitchen, so maybe i should just try that. in particular the latter, since i really like serious eats older writing style where they're like "ok we tried 85 risotto episodes, and to finish this off we'll try to make the latvian risotto using only potatoes, bacon, and sour cream"

the broken bones of the goons with spoons wiki

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

you people?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RBA Starblade posted:

Sorry you got owned again selec

this is my mistake, I thought that post was in USCE.

modding while playing videogames can sometimes be hard

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pirate Radar posted:

Boys of Summer came out in ‘84 and it was a Deadhead sticker on the Cadillac. When the Ataris did it in ‘03 it was a Black Flag sticker. If you covered it this year what sticker would the Cadillac have?

!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a strange fowl posted:

do any of you grow plants

I had a Joshua Tree that lasted three years before aphids ate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*