Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Finally, my ambitions of a real Duck Dynasty crushing Europe as a true second reich can be realized!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

kingturnip posted:

My Stressed, Leper King lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.
Still, once the Elders started dicking around with their choice of heir, it was time to go Duel some rivals. It still took until the second Serious Injury for him to actually die, mind you.
I did manage to get my first choice heir, which was good:

I look forward to finding out how the game's gonna screw him over.

Dead by severe stress by 15.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
700+ hours in, and I have to admit, I don't really know what the retinue bonuses actually do.

Lets say a unit gives +30% archer defense. Does that apply to only the few men in the unit, to the flank, or the whole army?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Some of my most memorable play-throughs were epic, grand designs that culminated in what amounted to a wet fart.

Losing is fun.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
3.2.2 is out on the op-in beta branch. All it does is add 64bit support.

I loaded her up along with ATEfanbranch, bigger interface, and better garbs and it started without a hitch. Seems faster too.

Has CK2 achieved it's final form?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I want to be hyped about this game, I really do. But the experience points and skill tree systems just plain don't belong in this kind of game.

I hope I warm up to it in time, but it just seems weird and jarring as is.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm running on 1k hours in CK2, is it weird that I'm not hyped at all over CK3?

Every single thing I've read of it's development leaves me cold. Is my hype dysfunctional?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I know I'm looking at a work-in-progress, but I'm left cold by the interface, art direction, and skill trees.

It's like some unholy mash-up of The Sims + Europa Universalis done by some ex-soviet country instead of a sequel to CK2.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Seeing the game in motion also did a lot to sooth my concerns about the overall art direction.

Still, I'm holding off buying this until it's on sale and with a few expansions under it's belt.

It's a Paradox game, anyone who buys their products out of the gate has basically overpaid for an extended open beta.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I can definitely relate to that. I saw a Civ6 bundle for sale on steam once and passingly considered buying it.

I clicked the link and surprise! I already owned Civ6 and just entirely forgot about it! I looked up the lackluster reviews for the expansions and felt vindicated in deciding against spending good money after bad.

As a child, my strategy cherry was busted hard by building a cool palace while staving off a genocidal Ghandi. Good times.

Civ is a totally different animal now, completely bereft of iterative software development, and has become an excel spreadsheet of modifiers and vague stat boosts covered by just bad looking art.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Magil Zeal posted:

The Dev Diary on Stress is out. Basically it's about what one could probably expect from it given the information we've had on it so far, but notable is that having a mental break at stress level 3 might result in a character killing their heir.

Imagine being the guy trying to work out the mathematical basis for Ivan the Terrible and his son Ivan.

It looks like someone spilled Rimworld into my Crusader Kings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are knights the new commanders or are they separate?