Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Is there some kind of bug with absolute cognatic primogeniture where the game just decides eventually that, no, women won't inherit after all, and starts treating it just like agnatic, forcing males to inherit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It should end with CK2 - Judgement Day where when the game times out, or during a random chain of events that can trigger, signs of your religion's biblical apocalypse start happening. It all culminates with world ending battle against evil supernatural hordes with Jesus himself returning, or armies of dead Norse faithful characters returning as free retinues for Norse characters, etc.

And after the final scenario, one possible outcome is the world breaks using random world tool and a new after the end type scenario begins

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Some really weird things happened in my last crusade for Jerusalem. First, mid-crusade, one participant settled a crusader state, but they were suomenusko. Then I took over Jerusalem and found my largest vassal was a Waldensian priest. Crusader nations are trolling the world with their beneficiary choices.

BigShasta fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 24, 2018

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I started up my first game in a while in Canarias in the Charlemagne start. After playing along for a few years I noticed I had a 14 year old Bon girl at court and I have no idea why. I think she's a refugee from the Bon area of the map but no idea how she got to me. She just hit 16 and became my concubine, so I could become the Bon count of Canarias if I want. Is there anything fun I can do with that? Bon religion sounds like it would be a tough sell on the opposite side of the world from normal.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

My godking of destiny went on a legendary journey and made a bloodline because why not, then he won a duel with an immortal rival, a possible valkyrie. And then his beloved wife, who he loved so much he wrote an amazing book about how much he loved her, died. And then he killed himself. Final score, hampered a bit by suicidal depression:

He lost a lot of kids to various things, really bad luck with kids. His inheriting son's been off leading a mercenary troop, let's see how- holy poo poo

Meanwhile I have played more games than I can count since the immortality event chain was added, and have never experienced success. I've had the reincarnate as a child result 3 times that I can remember, the best I've done. I started choosing the option to not even try right at the start. :(

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Just had to defend against a Prepared Invasion.
The attacker already had 4500 Event troops that hadn't disbanded from something previous, and got another 4500 for this Invasion.
I'm a Merchant Republic, so had to hire a bunch of mercs to defend. It cost roughly 1000 gold to hire them and keep them for the duration, and when I won, the fucker who attacked had to pay 74 gold.

He's still got 400+ in his bank. Something seriously hosed up with that.

Is he in your prison, and can you banish him for all that other money?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

luxury handset posted:

i think this is a byproduct of there being only a hundred thousand actual people in the whole world's simulation, and some significant percentage of them choosing the "i'm horny as hell" option

like real world cuck rates would have been off the charts if 10% of the population of medieval europe were committed to adultery as a lifestyle

And if letters, people, and semen could instantly teleport around the world.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Randarkman posted:

I sadly can't find the screenshot, but I had a pretty good laugh once when I got the "My wife is pregnant, but I was away wasn't I? - Doubt besets me." event when my character was a eunuch.

e: same thing from someone else, found by googling. I hope this hasn't been fixed

That event/the ability to marry as a eunuch used to be how you survived that one start as a famous landed Muslim eunuch, the one who has an achievement now.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
This has made me consider whether a vassal republic is even worth it vs. tributary republics. If you can't keep your vassal republic happy, you get zero tax from them, and you're limited on how many vassal republics you can have anyway. None of that would matter with tributary states right?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Playing the most recent Muslim queen ruler challenge, something weird happens to the family dynasty screen when you end up playing as the one blood relative heir that exists at the start. It never starts a chain from his portrait. Instead each of his heirs appears independently in a column directly below him.

Edit:

SirPhoebos posted:

Anyone else encounter a bug where bloodlines founded by a woman don't pass down patrilineally even when the tooltip says they should?

Does your patrilineal tooltip when you hover over the icon say only a male can pass the bloodline? And is there a separate icon for matrilineal transfer?

BigShasta fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 6, 2020

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yah, if the possible exception of Conclave council, every DLC makes the game a bit easier

It's pretty easy to abuse granting of council positions so that you never have civil wars after Conclave and an empowered council. Once you figure that out Conclave flips into that category too.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

super fart shooter posted:

Or recently, I've been getting a lot of foreign chancellors fabricating claims, and for some reason it tells you this in a sequence of two game halting popups a few days apart. Unskippable, and it's not even giving you a choice or anything. Completely unnecessary and annoying as hell

After 3000 hours in this game, I am able to click through this event almost instantly, so fast that I don't even consciously register it. I would love to know how many Chancellors I've ordered killed. I am with you that this becomes very tedious and constantly pausing the game on speed 4 gets annoying, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Is there a reason the AI with enough money and prestige would not form the varangian guard? I am multiple generations into an 867 start and they've never formed.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Eimi posted:

Do you have gender equality on? Or just get a string of women emperors? If so, women cannot form the varangian guard for some archaic reason.

Oh wow, ok, yes I had a string of women I think.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Mule indeed!

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

UrbicaMortis posted:

I still fondly remember the genius peasant woman I took as a concubine/spymaster and, after I died and she became regent, proceeded to award herself my lands until she was the largest landowner in the scandinavian empire. Once I came of age I took almost all of them back but left her one since I had to respect the hustle.

I don't think I've ever seen a regent assign tiles away from me. Is this actually possible, or a mod thing?

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I accomplished my last bright idea for ck2. There's an African bloodline that enables enatic cognatic succession, and one guy has it in the iron century start. Yes, you can become a line of female Caliphs, and yes the title changes to Calipha.

Bring on the CK3 streams FFS!!

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I thought of one more thing to try with enatic succession. Is there a way to form an enatic merchant republic? Or are republics hard coded to male only? The tribal decision requires male.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
A large part of the enjoyment I get from CK2 is making ahistorical things happen. I like to leave the rules as historical as possible and fight against them. So yeah, it's fun to establish a female caliphate in a world and time where that would be totally unheard of. Not sure why that's "trippy."

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

PizzaProwler posted:

No, I really like that play-style and I love that even CK2 supports so many ways to play. I wasn't sure how to phrase that so I ended up coming off as condescending, I apologize. I have to resort to rule changes to get a lot of the more ahistorical stuff going on because I'm bad at the game, so it surprises me when people encounter that stuff as really novel when it's so base-line for me.

It's all good, I was a little too thin skinned this morning. I like the way they implemented the rules screen to let you tailor the game to the playstyle you want.

I wonder what CK3 has in store for the power hungry women of the middle ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
I would love for the Geheimnisnacht Warhammer fantasy mod to actually be completed and fully functional now that CKII has theoretically reached its final form.