Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
If the summary for Sunset Invasion doesn't include a bit about losing your ability to feel human I will be very disappointed in you OP :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this event is literally just "you die."
there's another random event in battle that's just "ur maimed now lol"
what the gently caress

Don't forget the ever classic "now you're incapable"!

...:suicide:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

To be more specific you have to siege them down while raiding. Just skimming the available loot won't do it.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

So it turns out if you hate your wife you get a different response to the message people are trying to kill her.

I loving love this game.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

So what weird conquests are people seeing? Because I've got a France ruled by a dynasty founded by a Songhay woman who destroyed the Karlings in western Europe, and a Levant ruled by a big Hindu kingdom that has thus far resisted two successive Jihads.

Other than Welsh Croatia my current campaign is pretty standard. Did get to see the AI form the HRE for once though.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

So, a Windows reinstall and a new graphics card later, I'm finally able to tackle Holy Fury. But I'm so paralyzed with indecision about where to start that I've pretty much spent the last hour hitting the Random Character button over and over :smith:

My go to whenever the game updates is Haeseinn of Nantes in the Old Gods start. Consolidate Brittany and then you can basically do whatever because preparing invasions as a feudal pagan gives you a fuckton of actually good troops.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Theoretically Holy Fury gives Christianity a bit more of a chance, with the reconquista on one side and Teutonic Knights and mass conversion on the other, but nobody's really reported on how well those stem the tide yet.

I had the reconquista pop up in my most recent campaign with 1500 guys in one barony and do absolutely nothing because the Umayyads own basically all of Iberia except for the parts I conquered from them myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Was looking for cool starts in the iron century bookmark and wow there’s a Muslim republic in almeria with a Jewish patrician family . Gonna try that one later