Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

like my man said, 'if they attack (or mildly annoy) you, slay them. such is the recompense of the disbeliever'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wanna lead babar's berber barony of barbarians on the west african coast to their rightful place as a global empire.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

aren't the african holy sites terrible though? if you want a relatively quick path to reformation, I think romuva might be the best choice. riga is an awesome primary duchy too.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

be the ck2 lp'er you want to see in the world, just don't put it on the internet cuz that poo poo is worse than cancer.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Xerophyte posted:

Quill is pretty good for the most part

seconding this, though I can't speak for his ck2 stuff. if you're looking for someone with early access to games in the strategy genre, who isn't a completely insufferable shitbag, he's pretty much the only game in town.

dude is just so goddamn cheerful.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

look at that little bad rear end muthafucka

just look at him!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

muslim elephants, an olyphate if you will.

ducks are a low and weak species.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

OneTruePecos posted:

Do you want a duck crusade? Because this is how you get a duck crusade.

yet more infidels to be stamped out by Babar and the Berbers on jihad.

inshallah.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the irish showing up on animal planet just loving rules.

this is the best thing ever.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

I just dueled my way straight the gently caress through the Byzantine Empire as Haesteinn with a bro from the warrior lodge. The Basilissa got pissed and issued a challenge. This happened.

then some other duels happened and

My hammer's better than yours. Yours may be a bear, but mine's goddamn Mjolnir.

'bitch-mode basellius sends bear-ringer to battle blackhearted bull of nantes. byzantine barons beside themselves after brutal beating.'

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

a pack of vaguely mormon basset hounds who worship the golden leaves and flay their ancestors to wear the skins as masks.

with tribal invasions, literal sister wives and blood sacrifices all year round.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Torrannor posted:

That's not true. If you keep your elders happy, they will vote for whoever you choose, even your firstborn genius son. If they don't like you, they will vote for who they consider the worst heir. Tanistry is less extreme. They will never vote for your children (unless they're the only family members), but they don't go out of their way to elect a shithead, either.

this, plus if they're not voting correctly, deport the fucker.

tanistry was never this good.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

mo' viking, mo' problems

the subjugation cb when you're both counts just tosses them out, allowing you to take the county. there's also a conquest cb available for two hundred prestige which accomplishes the same thing, without the need to use the 'form kingdom' ambition.

that's a hard start, but you do have a few options. wait until the bluetooth or one of his kids conquers a county bordering yours, then swear fealty and carve it up from the inside. it'll be an on-going thunderdome for a couple of generations and your liege will probably flip between sweden and denmark a few times, but it's not that big of a concern. in the meanwhile you can wait for all the other dumbshit one province minors to war with each other, then attack them after their done burning troops in pointless futility. the second way, which I've only ever pulled off once, involves murdering sigurdr and marrying his widown. she's the only heir to viken's capitol and in her early twenties, which means you won't really benefit from the marriage, but your heirs will.

have your steward set to raise glory and if event troops do trigger, find a use for them immediately as they'll be the only way you'll have the manpower to win battles in the region for a while.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

becoming the god of death.

what were you expecting to happen?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

ditches are probably the best defense against horses, but ditches are super boring and don't really lead themselves to the infantry block warfare that makes games fun.

in closing, combat sucks rear end if you actually gotta do it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

anywhere in mide is good, ulster also has a bunch of empty holdings as well which'll give you more troops than most of your neighbours.

olafr the white in 867 is still my top pick though, cuz even if there is a spectacular amount of failure you just wind up as the king of norway.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

pretty sure that clicking on your top level shield/herald/title will also bring up the holder demense window as well.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

Why this particularly?

gonna give a shout out to my man, riklfur ulfing, count of ostergotland.

young adult, content and never stressed, usually a good/great martial score and pretty much guaranteed to become a berzerker.

just loot and pillage and terrorize most of europe 'til old man ironside dies, then forge your own path from the top of a massive warchest.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it looks like way of life is pretty much included, wanna see that stewardship focus tree.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's a pretty major feature for people who use the game as a racism simulator, no surprise they're upset

there's gonna be a day one 'deus vult' mod though

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the baby strangled the gently caress outta that snake

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

germanic pagan: marry someone's sister, she looks lonely in the oubliette

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

played a few viking crimea games, which are pretty fun and ecclectic... but expanding east or north just looks absolutely tedious.

I guess I'm supposed to be glad x can play a game of y, but everything east of iran is just a useless wasteland that sometimes changes colour

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Red_Fred posted:

I heard it is better to not form kingdoms as dukes are easier to manage, is that correct?

you want to create as many top level titles as you have sons, preferably in far away places through prepared invasions. crete, north africa, sardinia, crimea, etc.

when you grant a top level title to one of your sons, not only do they form their own petty kingdom but they're removed from gavelkind succession. makes it fairly easy to tailor what you'd like your designated heir to receive and should put you back under the holding limit for another prepared invasion with the next generation. within fifty years or so, you should have a dynasty that's pretty much deathproof and if you're willing to console over, there'll be branches of pagan berbers and norse muslims to try out. it's not the standard version of map-painting, but you can get up to all sorts of weird poo poo that won't require a restart.

also, thunderdome.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

gonna raise a thousand unwashed peasant fyrds armed with reaping hooks so I can ruin history.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

and then seduce the horse.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the only good result from the immortality chain is when you stab death in the face

costs you an eye, but absolutely loving legend.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if I allow myself use of the console I'll just create event troops and get rid of lovely traits.

I have no interest in exercising self-control cuz it's a loving video game. ironman it is.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

winterwerefox posted:

As a Viking, conquest feudal lands. Give your heir a castle. a useless Barony or something. Now your heir is Feudal. You skip going up the legal/reform bullshit. Somewhere warm in the Mediterranean. Raid, build up your tribal counties to stone hill forts. Your heir will be able to flip counties to castles once he takes over.

you can also build up a tribal holding as the top level building on a feudal county. really good source for heavy infantry while you're still taking advantage of tribal mechanics, like settling. you can always upgrade later.

send in the steward, stay viking. don't let your kids turn into useless normans!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Demon_Corsair posted:

With Gavelkind, can you land your brothers early to cut them out of the rest of the inheritance?

For example, I have a duchy I'm not going to try and take back, and I can see on of my heirs will get it when I die. If I give it to him now, is he good, or does he still get a piece of what is left when I die?

counties and most other holdings outside of the de jure lands for your primary title are given a bit more weight in gavelkind, elective gavelkind especially. if halfdan were to give wessex to his second born then that heir would go to the absolute bottom of the list for counties in york, his primary title and petty kingdom. if you're gifting an equal level title and creating an independent realm you can take that particular heir and their kids out your line of inheritance for at least a generation. as you move further down the line the kids can be bought off cheaper, for a few counties in wales or cornwall and they'll be put to the bottom of the list for lands in york as well, leaving them all for your primary heir to receive.

if you're expanding you can tailor gavelkind to some degree. next generation all your brothers will be trying to kill you, they'll have armies and claims, they'll marry their cousins just to make the whole thing really weird and it loving rules. then you take their poo poo and do the same thing again.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

another thing you can do is build a tribal holding in a county where there are already castles. works really well with conquest cbs. depending on the number of baronies, you'll get 500-1500 zero upkeep troops and no diplo hit. lotta heavy infantry too and substantially better than any of the garbage you'll be fielding for at least a century.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

one proud bavarian is super excitable and sincere like quill, but you'll never shake that henky feeling when watching one of his vids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

let's face facts, european plus really into medieval history is never a winning combination.

but he did not name himself spqr, sparta or praetorian, so you can watch the videos, just keep your head on a swivel.