Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Looking forward to there being a Portrait Pack for everything now so I can start using the vanilla portraits to replace the god awful celtic ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i forgot how painful new patch let's plays can be, as new events happen and the hapless youtuber flails around for five minutes attempting to explain why it happened, only to get it completely wrong

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

so which portrait graphics will hungarians use come holy fury?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Mongolian. As they always should've.

:classiclol:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Beamed posted:

It wouldn't bother me so much in Arumba's case if he didn't whine so long after the fact about how he doesn't understand what happened, or take a 5 minute detour talking about how he'd go tell Wiz to fix his game.

Arumba is actually the worst case of this. Arumba, like most youtubers, misses poo poo because he doesn't bother to actually ingest anything he reads. Arumba however has the added benefit of thinking he's smarter than the base design anyway, so if he doesn't understand something it's because the stupid designers surely hosed it up and he would do it better given the chance.

Then, if he does really figure it out, he never learns his lesson and the pattern endlessly repeats.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

to be honest i think "miserable and sighing" is just arumba's style

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

something less tied to my actual interests and fun gameplay for the sake of the wackiest bullshit i can pull off

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

If they added a randomized map generator as well that would make all this randomization poo poo perfect.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I want events for burials as well as baptisms and coronations. Complete with a checklist of places where I have buried rulers and the ability to build royal tombs as in Westminster.

Tercio fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 13, 2018

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

The Children's Crusade is way too OP if it succeeds.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Bloodly posted:

Oh? How so?

If it succeeds then it creates a Crusader State with a massive number of event troops. 80k in my case. It made them the strongest state in the world and they immediately went about conquering their neighbors, and even some far flung places like Abyssinia.

Here's another case. Well over 100k event troops. It's silly but I mean who cares ultimately. But make something like this one of the "wacky" supernatural events.

Edit: Beatification also seems too easy to achieve. Having a long reign basically guarantees it just based on the amount of piety you can generate through the passage of time.

Tercio fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 14, 2018

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Vengarr posted:

I think that IS one of the wacky supernatural events. Since the description of the crusade succeeding involves literal angels coming down and kicking rear end.

Supernatural events were off.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Kaza42 posted:

Children's Crusade is its own game rule I believe

Yes, this is all true. This isn't a discussion about game rules, it's a discussion about those rules when on being stupid or broken.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like there's too many game rules to deal with sometimes, like they need subcategories to keep them in line rather than scrolling through the whole list every time. And I wish I could keep sunset invasion off by default.

How long after a major DLC does it normally take for them to release balance patches to tweak all the outliers that they didn't forsee?

On the subject of this, can anybody explain the difference between the exclave independence options of limited, limited (naval), significant, harsh and total?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Kaza42 posted:

Limited(Naval): As Limited, but you can only draw through 1000 distance of sea zones.

And this means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

Does it ever succeed without the player aiding them?

I didn't aid it in my case.