Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

you know, i haven't looked at the statutes or anything but i have a very strong feeling that it's literally impossible to spend disaster relief money on paying down debt obligations lol

What if it's debt for various disaster relief services? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I think the height of comedy options would be Assange. The most poetic would be one of his kids.

It's Assange's pet cat he's been neglecting like a monster.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I really can't imagine why Dead Reckoning, a person who just loves when black people (kids and adults) get shot and who repeatedly defended the actions of their killers every time a thread about it came up, doesn't like the idea of curbing hate-speech.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not doubting they'd ever do it, but I'm gonna wait for a Democratic rep to comment first, right now it's just "congressional negotiators" and a Republican rep from Alaska.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah this is gonna start a "what were his grades" narrative.

Note how incompetent his opponents have been that this wasn't already a thing

Yeah, it didn't work with his tax forms, surely it would work with school grades that stopped mattering decades ago (if they ever mattered).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

Always remember that the list of Obama scandals was

• Said people cling to guns and religion(a truth)
  • Saluted while holding a coffee, something that virtually every president has done a variation of
  • Commented on the fact that there is no such thing as a self made man
  • Said it was stupid of the cops to arrest a black man for "breaking into" his own house
  • Ordered Djon Mustard and Arugula on a hamburger
  • Wore a tan suit

You forgot 'had a soldier hold an umbrella for him' and 'was black'.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

I know this isn't directly US news but I still feel like this should be posted.

https://nyti.ms/2JietHE

From the NYT article -

quote:

A police spokesman said officers had arrested a 17-year-old man at the scene and later released him pending further inquiries.

(bolding mine)

What pieces of poo poo.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Didn't someone here do a bet that they'll do something if it turns out the crashes were because of the plane and not the pilots? Don't think it was actually a toxx.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If 3 people's votes are ignored it's a tragedy. If 3 million people's votes are ignored it's statistics.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

They weren't ignored. They were counted as part of the system that everyone knew and was playing from the word go.

I live in a state that votes red as hell and functionally dont get a vote in the presidential elections. That's an actual, legitimate problem with the system. The raw vote counts not matching the election results in close races on rare occasion is not.

Maybe that's everyone's problem? Just because everyone knows ahead of time that some votes are worth more than others doesn't somehow make it okay.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What is this distortion you're talking about? Republicans vote Democrat for fun because it doesn't matter in their state?

3 million votes were practically thrown away and you're all like 'well that's just 1% of the electorate, who cares!' as if 1% makes it actually being 3,000,000 okay.

e: and what does it matter if you disagree on why the policy is bad if you agree it's bad?

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what causes more solar panels to get thrown off while the roof stays intact - bad weather, or rear end in a top hat conservatives taking them off as a 'gently caress you' to environmentalists.