Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

VH4Ever posted:

Can someone remind me (and the thread) what happens to the McCain seat? Kyl has it now but isn't there going to be a special election for it soon anyway? The term expires in 2022 IIRC right? I wonder what this means for that seat too. Two Dem AZ Senators would be bonkers.

Iirc because of how late he left it, it doesn't come up until 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

friendbot2000 posted:

D.C. votes to restrict short term rentals like AirBnB

So the D.C. Council passed a bill to restrict renting your home out for services like AirBnB. If I am reading this right, you have to actually live in the home in order to rent out through services like AirBnB. Overall I think this is a net positive because in the Bay Area I know there are slum lordy types that buy up housing and renovate it to be used for these types of services and skirt the regulations for motels, hotels, and other hospitality industries. Also, excuse me while I laugh uproariously that some critics are whining that you can't use your second home for short-term rentals now. gently caress you if you have a second home that sits empty most of the time and there are people in D.C. that have no home.

A lot of other states and cities are following suit with laws like this too. Hence why I put it in this thread.

It's topical,despite what republicans insist, DC is part of the US.

Maybe it'll help non rich congressmen find places to stay.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Kale posted:

I've kind of started to notice after 2 years that that seems to be the sole guiding policy of the United States. Antagonize the other side of a political divide constantly and daily for no actual gains as a society on the national or even world stage, but call the country the "United" states. We're just not making anywhere near as much progress as a species during the 21st century as we were during the last decades of the 20th, which is impressive since most of that was spent with two super powers engaged in a cold war. Like it's entirely self inflicted.

iPhone, Gay Marriage, Twitter President.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/james-comey-subpoena-house-republicans-loretta-lynch_us_5bf6cf64e4b0771fb6b6c6b5

James Comey Responds To Subpoena From Republicans: ‘Let’s Invite Everyone To See’

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

EwokEntourage posted:

Seems odd that you'd make some remain a part of a lawsuit they don't want to be in, where they can then be a plaintiff filing poo poo adverse to the other plaintiffs, ruining arguments, etc

:umberto:

I mean, that's why history has an agonizingly slow but inevitable march toward progress.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Your Parents posted:

Mattis is a dumb piece of poo poo killer why are liberals lionizing him? Charles Manson could write a prison letter saying orange man bad and get tearful apologia from you people lol

So you admit that he's orange then?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/12/27/mueller-asks-to-delay-hearing-in-jerome-corsi-lawsuit-citing-shutdown.html

quote:

A federal judge on Thursday denied a request by special counsel Robert Mueller and several other federal agencies to delay an upcoming hearing in a lawsuit brought by Roger Stone-linked conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi.

Government attorneys had argued in a United States district court filing Wednesday that the ongoing government shutdown hamstrung their lawyers by cutting off funding to the Justice Department.

"Absent an appropriation, Department of Justice attorneys are generally prohibited from working, even on a voluntary basis, except in very limited circumstances," they claimed in the filing in Washington, D.C., District Court.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/bernie-sanders-charter-schools-ban/index.html

quote:

(CNN)In a major education policy speech set to be delivered Saturday, Sen. Bernie Sanders will call for a ban on all for-profit charter schools, a position that puts him directly at odds with the Trump administration and becoming the first of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates to insist on such a move.