Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The ground game? Actually showing up at people's doors, or their phones via calls or text? That's everything now. There is no substitute for seeing another human being and exchanging ideas the way we historically have. Finding out what people actually give a gently caress about - and make no mistake, the average American really DOES care about all the things we holler about, maybe more or less than you do, but certainly multiple things at a time. If you don't go out and make the case for your ideal, for your candidate, or for your power base, you're going to loving lose, barring overwhelming forces of nature. Ted Cruz did a bare minimum of ground work, but also had the fact that Republicanism in Texas is on par with high school football, but also the fact that the levers of power are geared for a Straight Ticket button, the most vile button in electoral politics. Without that button, I'm willing to throw out there that Beto takes Texas.
I found the first sentence reminded me of something, and it was the LaCour fiasco, which for those who aren't glued to news of scientific retractions, was a faked social science study that claimed that transgender canvassers, but not straight canvassers, could effect a significant and maintained improvement in attitudes to transgenderism. What I hadn't followed was that a non-faked follow-up showed that a real effect of canvassing could be measured, but was independent of the status of the canvassers, which really double-underlines your argument. Anyone can do it! Get involved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
I thought I was inured to Trump, but I honestly thought this was a satire piece.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Glazius posted:

Proprioception is the body's ability to judge its own balance and movement based on distributed feedback from all its parts. The good boys have booties on so their toesies won't freeze outside, but it's messing with learned patterns of proprioceptive feedback, resulting in the observed variation in locomotive gait.
Building on this derail, one of the consequences of tertiary syphilis is degeneration of the spinal tracts responsible for proprioception, particularly in the feet. So, one of the old 'classic presentations' in medical exams was a sailor with an equivalent 'stamping gait' as those dogs above.